Am I the only one who finds Stormalong Bay to be overated?

Innkeeper's Club

Am I the only one who finds Stormalong Bay to be overrated?

From what I have read I know that a lot of people seem to very much enjoy Stormalong Bay. However I was wondering if there is anyone else out there like me who found it to be overrated? Don't get me wrong it's got a nice theme and etc, however the whole area is very much spread out and it's always jammed packed, although since it shares with the Yacht Club/Beach Club/Beach Club Villas I can see why. Finally just because the pool has a sand bottom does not impress me.

Personally my favorite Pool in WDW is Luna Park at the Boardwalk Inn/Boardwalk Villas because I happen to enjoy the Clown theme and it's never as busy compared to Stormalong Bay.

If you look at what I said I mentioned that yes the Beach Club is the closest resort to the International Gateway, so I never argued that fact. However it's my personal opinion only that I feel the Boardwalk is just as close and the walk is not as bad the way others claim.

I was never out right bashing Stormalong Bay and as I said before if others very much enjoy it then that's great. Although I will say the Luna Park gets bashed a lot more because of the Clown which I don't think is fair.

For the third time, when you start a thread titled "Am I the Only One Who Thinks That Stormalong Bay Is Overrated?", you're not extolling SAB's virtues, that's for sure. If people are freaked out about the clown at BWI, then that's their opinion. None of us are starting a thread title "Do You Think the Clown at Luna Park Is Creepy?". You started this thread, and judging from the responses it looks like there are more people that feel more strongly about the clown than they do SAB. You probably should've started a thread about how much you like Luna Park rather than trying to negatively comment on Stormalong Bay and see how many people agree with you. I'm sure there are more than a few who do. And I'm sure you would defend it just as strongly as SAB fans our defending our pool.

Just accept the fact that you can stay at Luna Park and leave SAB to the people who love it. If you feel it's overrated, then do us all a favor and get spit out of the clown's mouth as much as your heart desires. I'll enjoy my ride down from the mast at SAB just as much!

Upvote 0

CheshireCat12

Last July we spent a very hot day in the parks, we went back to AKL and my 12 y/o jumped in the pool and the excalimed "this is not refreshing at all. It's like taking a giant bath!"

-dave
I usually go in the summer, and almost always I find the pools to be too warm for my liking. I asked the lifeguard last year about it, he said the pools are heated to 80-82 degrees. Nice if it's cool out but if it's 95 out? Not so great.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom