All Star Resorts

Michele Rossi

Was wondering if anyone had a bad experience like mine at the All Star Music Resort. Just got back on Friday from WDW. We stayed on the first floor in the Calypso section. We heard our neighbor above us urinating in the toilet!!??!! Has anyone else had a problem with sound proofed rooms? I still like the ambiance there and the price is right. Any other negative experiences I should look out for? I have mixed feelings about going back to the ASM in December now. :brick:

wannabeBelle

Hey Cymbal, I spoke to Lilo and there is a better than even chance she isnt going as she wants to go to Aruba in March. How come you arent dragging along your DH?? I would love to meet Mr Cymbal. Did you hav any thoughts regarding a resort? Belle

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Define Best Deal?? the All Stars are probably going to be the cheapest, but for me, may not be the best value. As I said before I am very partial to PO Riverside. Any thoughts WDWFreak?? Belle

Upvote 0

cymbaldiva

Originally posted by wannabeBelle
Define Best Deal?? the All Stars are probably going to be the cheapest, but for me, may not be the best value. As I said before I am very partial to PO Riverside. Any thoughts WDWFreak?? Belle

Oh you're very right Miss Belle!

I suppose I should've said "best value for the $$$" I am personally quite fond of Port Orleans (sorry ya'll, I'm sticking to the old-school names!! :animwink: )

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Yeah right? What ever happened with the old school names?? I never even stayed there when it was Dixie Landings but it just suited the resort. I really like Dixie Landings, I kinda like Coronado Springs also as a second choice, and of course Id love to see the renovations done to the Carribean Beach. All Stars are less expensive and might be OK for a time of year when I wont be using the facilities as much, but for a May trip I want access to a nice quiet pool, etc. Besides I just adore Boatwright's for breakfast. Richie and I went there twice on our last trip for breakfast only even though we were staying at the All Stars. Well as I said I am just waiting for like February until some specials start coming out for May. When they do I am going to pounce on them, so be prepared!!!! Belle

Upvote 0

WDWFREAK53

Yeah right? What ever happened with the old school names?? I never even stayed there when it was Dixie Landings but it just suited the resort. I really like Dixie Landings, I kinda like Coronado Springs also as a second choice, and of course Id love to see the renovations done to the Carribean Beach. All Stars are less expensive and might be OK for a time of year when I wont be using the facilities as much, but for a May trip I want access to a nice quiet pool, etc. Besides I just adore Boatwright's for breakfast. Richie and I went there twice on our last trip for breakfast only even though we were staying at the All Stars. Well as I said I am just waiting for like February until some specials start coming out for May. When they do I am going to pounce on them, so be prepared!!!! Belle

Hmmm...well, since I'll most likely be going in Feb too...I couldn't go any higher than a moderate. I've stayed at all of them except PO Riverside...SCREW IT...DIXIE LANDINGS! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Hey Freak, sounds like you are fairly well rounded then as far as the resorts go. As far as PO Riverside, it is the absolute dream of resorts for me. I love strolling along the banks of the riverside in the morning on my way over to Boatwright's It is a quiet, peaceful, laidback kind of place. The trees and gardens are magnificent as is the quiet pools. Did you hve any preferences for a resort? As I said when the specials come out I Am going to post them for you and Cymbal and whoever else is into going, and then I Am going to call to reserve myself a room. Id kinda like to know what resort everyone else is into so that way I am not being completely selfish. Does anyone think that doing the All Stars is an option? I dont think I want to, but I am open for discussion about it. Belle

Upvote 0

LivinLarge

Re: ASResorts

Originally posted by Elaine
Spring break, cheerleaders, boys and girls clubs of Am., all sorts or sports teams, high school trips. and on and on and on, they all end up in the ASResorts. Most can't spell the word manners. You are right about one important thing---10 security guards and 200 out of control kids is ugly. That's probably my point. Disney should have planned on better security coverage at these places to insure as best they can that EVERYONE paid to be there and EVERYONE should be taken care of. I'll try PC when it opens hoping that they will keep the planned groups at the AS.

Well, when we had the Singabration a while back, there was somethin like 13 choirs from heaven staying at ASMu and they were angels! Always saying "Please and thank you" and using manners and---ooo! So glad they are coming back in Feb.! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

WDWFREAK53

Hey Freak, sounds like you are fairly well rounded then as far as the resorts go. As far as PO Riverside, it is the absolute dream of resorts for me. I love strolling along the banks of the riverside in the morning on my way over to Boatwright's It is a quiet, peaceful, laidback kind of place. The trees and gardens are magnificent as is the quiet pools. Did you hve any preferences for a resort? As I said when the specials come out I Am going to post them for you and Cymbal and whoever else is into going, and then I Am going to call to reserve myself a room. Id kinda like to know what resort everyone else is into so that way I am not being completely selfish. Does anyone think that doing the All Stars is an option? I dont think I want to, but I am open for discussion about it. Belle

Me well rounded? :lol: :hammer: jk
Umm, I would have to say that I feel that Coronado is the better of the moderates (just because it's quiet because most people there are usually there for conferences and there aren't a lot of "visitors" meaning that people don't go to that resort JUST TO VISIT) Caribbean Beach was up there too as is POFQ. I really don't care which one I stay at...yes All Stars are an option...but you really have to be careful if you are relying on the bus system (sorry Tyler :lol: ) I'm game for anywhere.

Coronado Springs - Quiet, no bus problems, largest hot tub on property, nice pool, no visitors, far away from everything
Caribbean Beach - More kids than CS, no bus problems, no visitors, new after rehab
Port Orleans French Quarter - kids, no bus problems, some visitors because of the boat access to DD
Port Orleans Ri...DIXIE LANDINGS - Never been
All-Star Movies - KIDS, BIG BUS PROBLEMS, no visitors, cheap money
All-Star Music - KIDS, Bus problems (but not as much as ASMo), no visitors, cheap money
All-Star Sports - see ASMu

Upvote 0

Javier&Christie

For the $55 a night we usually pay to stay at the AS Resorts, it's well worth it to us.. how else could we go up once a month or even more?? :)

However this time we're staying at the Wyndham Palace, since we got it for only $10 more than the All Star rates right now (about $132 for new years per night)

Upvote 0

cymbaldiva

Originally posted by Javier&Christie
For the $55 a night we usually pay to stay at the AS Resorts, it's well worth it to us.. how else could we go up once a month or even more?? :)

However this time we're staying at the Wyndham Palace, since we got it for only $10 more than the All Star rates right now (about $132 for new years per night)

That is so great that you guys get to be there so often :)

However, since I haven't been in 2 years myself, I'd really rather not stay at an All Star for my trip "home"! :D

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Cymbal I cant agree with you more on that last statement!!!! I think that if you are going so frequently, the AS may really be the choice for financials, but for us people who dont go as frequently, I think that the Moderates at least may be the way to go

Upvote 0

Javier&Christie

Originally posted by cymbaldiva
That is so great that you guys get to be there so often :)

However, since I haven't been in 2 years myself, I'd really rather not stay at an All Star for my trip "home"! :D

Don't worry, I agree 100%....

At least once a year we like to "live large" and stay at a nicer resort.. didn't get a chance to this year as we're getting married in a few months and need to save up...

Last year we stayed at Old Key West w/ some friends in a 2 bedroom villa w/ full kitchen.. that was a DREAM.. year before that we stayed at the Yacht Club......... :sohappy:

We love OKW though :D

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Sorry Miss Cymbal!!! Yes I do mean Dixie Landings. Do you have any preferences?
Javier & Christie, I think it is great that you guys can go so often, that is awesome. Congrats on the up and coming wedding. I have never been to OKW though.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom