All Star Resorts

Michele Rossi

Was wondering if anyone had a bad experience like mine at the All Star Music Resort. Just got back on Friday from WDW. We stayed on the first floor in the Calypso section. We heard our neighbor above us urinating in the toilet!!??!! Has anyone else had a problem with sound proofed rooms? I still like the ambiance there and the price is right. Any other negative experiences I should look out for? I have mixed feelings about going back to the ASM in December now. :brick:

Elaine

ASResorts

Spring break, cheerleaders, boys and girls clubs of Am., all sorts or sports teams, high school trips. and on and on and on, they all end up in the ASResorts. Most can't spell the word manners. You are right about one important thing---10 security guards and 200 out of control kids is ugly. That's probably my point. Disney should have planned on better security coverage at these places to insure as best they can that EVERYONE paid to be there and EVERYONE should be taken care of. I'll try PC when it opens hoping that they will keep the planned groups at the AS.

Upvote 0

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
Originally posted by Worldphile
Under the right circumstances, you can save money by joining DVC.

That was my only point. I was simply saying that I didn't think that Disney would try to cause guests to have a bad experience at the all stars so that they would spend more money as DVC members, because that wouldn't necessarily be the case. They could possibly be spending less money. I only used my case as an example, as far as I know DVC memberships last longer than 15 years anyway.

Upvote 0

KathyG/poohbear

I know this has gotten off discussion but according to my brother-in-law, the reason the DVC makes a huge difference is that the interest and dues are tax deductible. He says Disney actually gives you a deed so it is treated like a 2nd home per the IRS. So it may actually depend on your tax bracket as far as how economical the DVC is. Just a thought. :)

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
I KNOW I'm math challenged, but I think the DVCs are a bargain for people who normally stay in the deluxe hotels (or perhaps the moderates at high season)...that's when you "break even" fastest. As mentioned, if you usually pay $100/night or less, it takes a lot longer to recoup the initial outlay.

The longest we've ever stayed is 4 nights, so it wouldn't be worth our while.

edited to add...I did NOT factor in the money that would be saved by having cooking facilities in your room. The rooms are also more convenient for hanging around (with a couch) and the resorts tend to have more amenities and are more attractive. Personally, I'm willing to pay extra for that, but many people either don't care, can't afford it, or would rather spend their money on other things.

Upvote 0

Erika

I guess I've been lucky. We've stayed twice at the All Stars and have never had a problem of any sort.

My boss, who makes quite a bit of money and could stay anywhere he wanted, ALWAYS chooses the All Stars. He likes the theming and has also never had any problems.

For me, though, if money was no object I would probably stay elsewhere.

Upvote 0

Jumba Jookiba

I've stayed twice in the All Star Sports and have no complaints or problems.. We were there once while their was a junior soccer convention or something going on but never experienced any problems..

I usually stay at the All Stars when I am going on a short trip or just to go. Otherwise I try to stay at the Moderates or Deluxe depending upon the discount.

But I 'm going down in 5 days to the All Star Music for 5 days so hopefully I will have another great time .. But Either way 49 bucks a nite. I'm not going to complain.

Upvote 0

RandeB

Soundproofed?

AS are the only Disney resorts we have ever used. Have always been able to hear the toilets, plus whatever was happening near the front door. Noise from adjacent rooms never really a problem for us. Has anyone noticed a difference at other Disney hotels?

Upvote 0

Merlin

Account Suspended
Re: Soundproofed?

Originally posted by RandeB
AS are the only Disney resorts we have ever used. Have always been able to hear the toilets, plus whatever was happening near the front door. Noise from adjacent rooms never really a problem for us. Has anyone noticed a difference at other Disney hotels?

I've stayed at quite a few of the WDW resorts and the only other one where I had a problem with noise (beside All Star) was the Caribbean Beach. It was about 5 years ago and I was awakened in the morning because I literally thought there was a child standing right next to my bed screaming in my ear. Obviously the sound was coming from the room next door, which I realized as I became more coherent. But I couldn't believe how loud it was. The fact it was loud enough to wake me up said a lot (I'm an extremely heavy sleeper and it takes a lot to wake me up). Of course, since the screaming continued for about 20 minutes, this was more the fault of some inconsiderate parents than the design of a hotel (hey, wasn't there a thread on that recently?). But the fact that it was so loud and clear as to sound like it was taking place IN MY ROOM, told me the walls at that hotel could be a tad thicker.

Upvote 0

CoraJack

Account Suspended
Well--as far as kids having more fun at All Stars than the Beach Club, I doubt it. The Beach Club has it's own mini water park! All Stars don't even have a slide. The only thing that they have there that is better than the moderates or the deluxe is the game room. Besides that it's an overly decorated Red Roof, period.

We stayed at All Star Music and twice at All Star Sports. We waited forever for buses and ours was always the longest line no matter what park we were leaving from. Most of the time we had to wait for two buses to come to pick up all the people no matter what time of the day or night it was.

Then we stayed at Dixie Landings (when it was DL) and the walk to the food court was almost 10 minutes and I wanted to DIE.

So finally I decided that I had to see what a deluxe was like and our past two trips have been at the Polynesian. Now I'm completely spoiled. But if I can continue to get the good rates then I'm going to continue to stay there. My last rate was $86 over what we paid at the and to me it was so worth it. Boat rides to the MK, monorails to Epcot and MK.....a great pool. I also really enjoy their shops. There is nothing like staying on a monorail resort. I know that everyone can't afford this, but there are so many great discounts to be found out there that it can be a possibility.

By the way--you DO hear the other's toilets flush at the Poly as well.

Christina

Upvote 0
I have stayed at the Grand Floridian a few times both in the main building and in the outer buildings. The last time was terrible, we heard all sorts of plumbing and flushing noises, and we were on the top floor. This is an outer building mind you. What I heard by way of rumor was that they really didn't prep for pest control. And that something or other had eaten away at the insulation, which provided soundproofing, over time. This is only rumor, but we never heard the neighbors/plumbing on previous stays. Disappointing to say the least when one is trying to sleep in.

As for All Star, I volunteered for FIRST and went along to the nationals. Our team (students) had a strict curfew so things were pretty quiet. Even the surrounding teams were pretty good. I think I'd stay off property if I was going for cheap though.

Upvote 0

Elaine

Just read on another post that 12,000 Pop Warner and National Cheerleading and Dance kids at Sports Complex. Bet there all staying at the All Star Sports. Stay away from there the 2nd week of December!!!! Ha, Ha, Ha!!!

Upvote 0

Testtrack321

Originally posted by monorailmike
As for All Star, I volunteered for FIRST and went along to the nationals. Our team (students) had a strict curfew so things were pretty quiet. Even the surrounding teams were pretty good. I think I'd stay off property if I was going for cheap though.

GO FIRST!!! WOOAHHH!!!!

Notice Signature!

||
||
||
||
\/

Upvote 0

pepsistar

:lookaroun hummmmmm, Well I have stayed a several different resorts from the All Stars, and Wilderness Lodge to the Grand-- unfortunately :( I have heard the toliets flush in all of them---- Especially if it is either late at night, or early in the morning.

Last month we were at Port Orleans and we had someone above us that got up at " 0500 " every day!! We heard the shower and the toliet--. Oh well, I guess that's life mmmmmmmmm

Still would rather stay on Disney property!! It would not be the same off site!! The Poly is great- I used to stay there in the 80's when it was more affordable. but now it is a little TOO $$$$$$$ I can never get a good rate/discount there. boo hoo

Know any secrets on getting a good rate? you can share ?????;)

Upvote 0

Lissydog

I've stayed at really nice hotels in several US cities, and the fact is, you can hear people in the bathrooms. It is nothing that has been a problem for me in the past. I mean, I didn't hear conversations or anything that might have been taking place in the bathroom, so I didn't see a problem with it.

I've stayed at ASMovies and thought it was well themed, clean, and most of all- the price was right! I only had reservations to stay there one night since I had reservations at the WL. While I thought the ASM resort was very nice, when I am on a Disney vacation, I prefer the perks of staying at a Delux resort. The luggage help, newspaper in the morning, resort dining options, transportation convenience, etc... Of course, it is way more expensive, and the resort offerings may not be a priority to some, in which case I say go for an All Star resort. They're great, despite the few drawbacks you may experience from time to time.

Upvote 0

TravisMT81

have ya'll never lived in an apartment or a multi-story home?? This is just a fact of life. Just be glad you didn;t hear wild lovemaking next door LMAO.

Pop Warner people are also at Port Orleans too :(

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom