All Star Resorts

Michele Rossi

Was wondering if anyone had a bad experience like mine at the All Star Music Resort. Just got back on Friday from WDW. We stayed on the first floor in the Calypso section. We heard our neighbor above us urinating in the toilet!!??!! Has anyone else had a problem with sound proofed rooms? I still like the ambiance there and the price is right. Any other negative experiences I should look out for? I have mixed feelings about going back to the ASM in December now. :brick:

Sansaarai

Account Suspended
Originally posted by Michele Rossi
Was wondering if anyone had a bad experience like mine at the All Star Music Resort. Just got back on Friday from WDW. We stayed on the first floor in the Calypso section. We heard our neighbor above us urinating in the toilet!!??!! Has anyone else had a problem with sound proofed rooms? I still like the ambiance there and the price is right. Any other negative experiences I should look out for? I have mixed feelings about going back to the ASM in December now. :brick:

This has to be the most absurd complaint I have heard about the All-Stars. Hearing someone ______ in a toilet ruined your vacation? How loud could it have been? And how much time do you spend in your room anyway while at WDW?

Get over it!

Upvote 0

cymbaldiva

Re: Re: All Star Resorts

Originally posted by Sansaarai
This has to be the most absurd complaint I have heard about the All-Stars. Hearing someone ______ in a toilet ruined your vacation? How loud could it have been? And how much time do you spend in your room anyway while at WDW?

Get over it!

While I do have to agree with you on that one, I personally didn't find the All-Stars acceptable either.

I booked there on the "how much time do you spend in your room " theory, and I was really dissappointed at the conditions at the All-Stars. I never expected holes in the walls or stained carpets at a WDW resort.

I guess my answer is that I spend enough time in the room to notice if it's well maintained or not.

Just my .02!

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

well I just got back from the All Star Music. I dont think I will be staying there again really soon. The biggest problem was the fact that we had a musical group of kids in the rooms above us and they were quite noisy. We went to the front desk and complained and after that security was EVERYWHERE!!!!!! We complained because it sounded like someone was pounding IN THE WALL at about 4:30 in the morning. Popped me right out of a dead sleep!!! The General Manager was particularly nice about it as was the staff, but I told them I pity the dumb kid who raps on my door, wall etc at that hour. There is likely to be a homocide!!! And this was before the Pop Warner group showed up!!!! Richie(Travel Buddy) and I agreed that for the few extra dollars, the Moderates are far better and we are even considering the bottom line of te Deluxe resorts for next time!! I haven't figured if that will be May or February but I will get there!! Just my own humble opinion....Belle

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Hey Miss Cymbal, I am glad to be home. It was kinda rainy when I was down in Disney including a HUGE Downpour on the night of my MVMCP!!! See my post under that topic for a touch more info on that. I will be doing a trip report soon hopefully, but my computer is on the fritz and I really do need to get another one shortly. But it was a grteat trip as per usual. I had a wonderful time with Richie and the girls. Good breakfasts, good dinners, Richie and I liked Ohana's!!! we enjoyed breakfast at Boma, they have a great juice there called Frunch. Really delicious. Right now we are looking at a February trip or a May trip. Definitely one or the other though!! Hope you can join us. Marie

Upvote 0

cymbaldiva

Hey Miss Belle :wave:

I'm looking forward to the next trip....I really NEED to go to WDW!!!

I'm still reviewing the MVMCP rainout topic ....I'll make sure and look for your posts though! :)

Upvote 0

kennyj29

My husband and I decided that we needed a little Disney on Super Bowl weekend a little while back. Since we didn't have much money at that time, we decided on the All Star Movies. We were pleasently surprised!! It was clean, and empty and never had one problem with the buses. I guess a lot has to do what time of year you go. We have been staying at the Poly the last three times, can't beat that hotel...........definitely my favorite and my favorite lower price is the Caribbean Beach. Bigger rooms than the rest of the moderates and it is pleasantly themed. I'm trying Mousesavers next time for the Poly. It is very expensive otherwise!!!

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Hey Cymbal the name of the post I answered was :
Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party By X-S Tech
As far as the trip, call it!!! I Am always willing to go to disney. Also dont forget to check out the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas parade on ABC on Christmas Morning!!! They recorded it the Saturday I was there!!! Belle

Upvote 0

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by wannabeBelle
As far as the trip, call it!!! I Am always willing to go to disney. Also dont forget to check out the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas parade on ABC on Christmas Morning!!! They recorded it the Saturday I was there!!! Belle

Ohhhhh...so THAT'S where the "Belle" was hiding :) jk

If I HAD to go back to the All-Stars...I would try to stay away from the "MOVIES" because the buses get filled up from the Music and Sports and by the time they reach the movies, there's either NO ROOM...or 2 or 3 people can fit...but like someone else stated...it probably depends on what time of year you go.

Upvote 0

gjpjtj

As long as their "fluids" aren't coming down on me, the savings seem well worth a little toilet noise! How could that spoil your trip to a "Value" resort? And anyway, your still at WDW, so can anything really be that bad??:lookaroun

Upvote 0

Dwarful

When we were at Movies May25-June5th Movies had Busses they did not share with Sports and Music. We never waited more than 10 minutes for a bus and everyone had the Disney Spirit. The kids loved the Dalmation Bldg. next time we are trying for Toy Story!

Upvote 0

cymbaldiva

Originally posted by wannabeBelle

Hmmm...I'll have to study that thread - I think I've missed it!

The trip I will have to think out too...the "chicks" really need to do Disney! :D

Upvote 0

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by cymbaldiva
Hmmm...I'll have to study that thread - I think I've missed it!

The trip I will have to think out too...the "chicks" really need to do Disney! :D

(and I think the "chicks" really need to get a little "freaky" :lol: )

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

plan, plan and plan some more!!! I Am going in at latest May and possibly as soon as February. If you are there, awesome!!!:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:
If not, I am still going anyhow!!!!
I have learned in my brief yet funfilled existance on this planet that if you wait on other people to do something, quite frequently you end up doing nothing. Let's do this People!!!!:cool:

Upvote 0

cymbaldiva

Originally posted by WDWFREAK53
(and I think the "chicks" really need to get a little "freaky" :lol: )

Dream on, sweetie!! :animwink: :lol:

Belle - you are sooo right! Let's get planning!

Freak - we're talking February now...are you up for it as well?

Upvote 0

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by cymbaldiva
Dream on, sweetie!! :animwink: :lol:

Freak - we're talking February now...are you up for it as well?

(WOW...does THIS sound like a loaded question :lol: )

Belle and I have already talked about this via PM (how VIERD!)

I'm good for May definitely...I might possibly...ok...PROBABLY be going in February too...it just depends on when in February you go :)

Upvote 0

MKingdom25

Originally posted by ReDefined
People tinkle. It might be better for you if you just think of it as a refreshing rainfall. Well, the sound part at least.
That would be one nasty rainfall! :lol:

I have stayed at the AS Sports a few years ago and didn't have any problems. It was clean and like people have said it was low price! Granted, its not a luxury hotel but it will work.

Upvote 0

cymbaldiva

Originally posted by WDWFREAK53
(WOW...does THIS sound like a loaded question :lol: )

Belle and I have already talked about this via PM (how VIERD!)

I'm good for May definitely...I might possibly...ok...PROBABLY be going in February too...it just depends on when in February you go :)

You have a filthy mind my friend...

Fortunately I respect that, so it's all good! :lol:

Sounds like you and Miss Belle have the whole planning thing under control...clue me in on the details once ya'll decide upon them!

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

OK Cymbal, this is the plan!!! As soon as any specials for that time of year come out, I am all over it. Freak, Did you have a particular time of month in mind? As previously discussed I would like to go the week before Labor Day( celebrate my Bday in Disney and all) So figure on May 18th-19th ish. First things first for all people who want to go.
1) talk to the boss at work and make sure that the vacation time is available, put it on a preliminary request if you have to. I am pretty lucky, my boss is pretty understanding
2) start saving money immendiately This is a given when going to visit a Mouse.
3) decide on a roommate, if applicable. I already asked Lilo and her DH to accompany us. I Am solo at the moment, but maybe my travel buddy Richie will come. Or maybe just a Solo Belle in the room, whichever!!
4) Choose a resort. This may differ based on personal tastes but no big as we can plan to meet in the parks later!! I would love to do Wilderness Lodge, but if that is a bit pricey for everyone and we can all agree on PO Riverside I will be just as happy.
5) start dreaming........
If you really want to go, start getting it together folks. I Am pretty decisive about these things so.....once I say I Am going, I am pretty much there, barring natural disaster of course!!!
once I have a definite confirmation on who is going I will start making plans for meals, parks etc. I want a confirm Yea or Nea by no later than March 10th or so as I may try to make ressies for Cinderella's. Is anybody else into that? Belle

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom