All Epcot, All the Time (aka Has Disney given up on SSE?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HMF

Original Poster
It's true, I LOVE what they did with the franchise, but I wish they could have left the ride alon, for the most part. Maybe snuck Jack in, but not blatently make the ride about him.

*cough IASW characters cough*:lookaroun
Exactly put Jack in as a nod to the movies but don't change the ride to revolve around him.

RSoxNo1

I'll be honest, the Jack Sparrow layover is one of the best jobs they've done in years. I don't mind it at all, and it's now captured the imaginations of a new generation of kids.

Just take a look around at all the kids in pirate gear next time you're there. They did something right.

It was not as good as the Haunted Mansion refurbishment.

What I liked:
The Jack Sparrow animatronics are amazing.
The battle after the waterfall is done much better with air cannons seemingly closer to the boats. You can't really tell that it's Barbosa at the helm of the ship, but I think that has more to do with how far away he is.
The Davy Jones mist screen effect is very impressive

What I disliked:
THE AUDIO - This is where the refurb really failed. They added the mist screen effect but Davy Jones is hard to understand. They didn't fix the audio problems with the theme song when the village is burning making it tough to understand the song lyrics. Jack Sparrow is tough to understand in the final room as well.
The final room - In addition to Jack being difficult to understand, I don't like that you can't see him until you're right up next to him.
The removal of the skull and crossbones prior to the drop. I don't understand why this was removed. It was a small and effective warning prior to the drop.

Vernonpush

What I liked:
The battle after the waterfall is done much better with air cannons seemingly closer to the boats. You can't really tell that it's Barbosa at the helm of the ship, but I think that has more to do with how far away he is.

What I disliked:
THE AUDIO - This is where the refurb really failed. They added the mist screen effect but Davy Jones is hard to understand. They didn't fix the audio problems with the theme song when the village is burning making it tough to understand the song lyrics. Jack Sparrow is tough to understand in the final room as well.
The final room - In addition to Jack being difficult to understand, I don't like that you can't see him until you're right up next to him.
The removal of the skull and crossbones prior to the drop. I don't understand why this was removed. It was a small and effective warning prior to the drop.
Considering that this is part of the audio in the 3rd movie franchise, I have to wonder also.:shrug:

HMF

Original Poster

What I liked:

What I disliked:
Why don't we make a seperate thread for POTC so we can continue this discussion because i would love to debate this.:animwink:

EPCOT Explorer

What I liked:

What I disliked:

Agreed. Although I love the work and effect on the DJ, I really feel it's out of place. The old skull worked so much better. Maybe if they relocated him to the end of the ride...?:lookaroun

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Why don't we make a seperate thread for POTC so we can continue this discussion because i would love to debate this.:animwink:
Go for it. I`ve quite a bit to add. See you tomorrow in the other thread :D

Meanwhile... no new triangles, work still going on behind curtain. So I`m told ;)

In response to the fiber optic star things:

They looked completely out of place last week and I haven't ever noticed them before. I can't remember exactly what point (was looking for other new stuff) but they are either attached to something unstable or very wobbly because they were shaking like crazy.

mcjaco

In response to the fiber optic star things:

They looked completely out of place last week and I haven't ever noticed them before. I can't remember exactly what point (was looking for other new stuff) but they are either attached to something unstable or very wobbly because they were shaking like crazy.

Yeah, those aren't new.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom