All Epcot, All the Time (aka Has Disney given up on SSE?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MousDad

Thread drift here. (Is that possible in this thread?)

So I'm listening to the complete SSE ride soundtrack on Live 365, and in the Phoenician scene Dench's dialogue abruptly ends at "Remember how easy it was to learn your ABCs?" No more "Thank the Phoenicians."

I apologize if this has already been discussed somewhere. Did I miss something?

hpyhnt 1000

So I'm listening to the complete SSE ride soundtrack on Live 365, and in the Phoenician scene Dench's dialogue abruptly ends at "Remember how easy it was to learn your ABCs?" No more "Thank the Phoenicians."

Hmm... I believe that would have to do on when they procured their narration of SSE. I remember WAYYYYYYY back when in those preview days of December that some parts of the speil were considerably different than they are today. As time went on, some lines were added, others removed. To get to your point, the Pheonicians have always made it easy to learn our ABC's, but we weren't told to thank them, nor were we told specifically that they invented them when the attraction first reopened. That was added in at later dates. Another area that has changed would be the entrance of the 180top. That area's narration has been changed rather dramatically (for the better) since the attraction opened, but still retains the same overall message.

I'm pretty sure that the ABC thanking is still in SSE today. However, I'm guessing that Live 365 has an early recording of the speil before changes were made to it, and therefore, you don't hear it on the recording.

aladdin2007

I wonder if whats behind the curtain is the main hold up? Or more of a technical problem involving the entire descent and its triangles.

EPCOT Explorer

*prays*

Hmm... I believe that would have to do on when they procured their narration of SSE. I remember WAYYYYYYY back when in those preview days of December that some parts of the speil were considerably different than they are today. As time went on, some lines were added, others removed. To get to your point, the Pheonicians have always made it easy to learn our ABC's, but we weren't told to thank them, nor were we told specifically that they invented them when the attraction first reopened. That was added in at later dates. Another area that has changed would be the entrance of the 180top. That area's narration has been changed rather dramatically (for the better) since the attraction opened, but still retains the same overall message.

I'm pretty sure that the ABC thanking is still in SSE today. However, I'm guessing that Live 365 has an early recording of the speil before changes were made to it, and therefore, you don't hear it on the recording.
Ah..That could be it, too.

However, it's more probable that 365 got their recording this side of the changes, seeing that the Soft Opening ones changed daily.
Don`t tempt me..... :D

:D*tempt*:lookaroun

MousDad

I don't know, it sounded really weird with it cut off like that.

It is interesting that at whatever time it was made, there is a recording out there of that line cut out, meaning they toyed with it at some point. As far as I could tell, all the other dialogue was the same.

EPCOT Explorer

I don't know, it sounded really weird with it cut off like that.

It is interesting that at whatever time it was made, there is a recording out there of that line cut out, meaning they toyed with it at some point. As far as I could tell, all the other dialogue was the same.

Hmmm...It was toyed with. Maybe they are playing with it? They already fixed the faces on the animation...

RSoxNo1

I've figured out what's behind the curtains. The disembodied head of Harry Potter being hit by a fly swatter. I expect it to open the same time the Wizarding World of Harry Potter opens at Islands of Adventure.

MousDad

Gonna get some serious night vision of said curtain and triangles this weekend.
If there's anything to be seen....I'm gonna see it.

You wouldn't be interested in just jumping off and yanking down some serious curtain would you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom