All Epcot, All the Time (aka Has Disney given up on SSE?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasonflz

Longest T/A ever!:zipit:

Now, what's this about a Mysterious Island...?:lookaroun:lol:

NO Mysterious Island for you!

soup-nazi.jpg

HMF

Original Poster
Very nice read. Never thought about that, that Figgy Vs Idle might be related to WDI...:D
This actually makes me feel sorry for the Imagineers who worked on "Under New Management". I see now that it was designed as a political attack against Disney Management

ryno1982

I remember about two weeks ago someone said there were new blue lights added and I told them they had been there for a while. Well, I owe them an apology. I went on the ride yesterday and there are indeed more blue lights added to the descent between the cluster of blue lights and the leveling off where the curtains begin. The lights added are on the left whereas before there were just blue lights on the right. I swear there was also some more triangles added and placed right up against the curtain right before the former location of the city. Of course the ugliest portion of the descent where the old little SSE model was still looks awful. You can hear the hum of the air conditioning and there is no attempt at all to hide the infrastructure.

JWG

This actually makes me feel sorry for the Imagineers who worked on "Under New Management". I see now that it was designed as a political attack against Disney Management

While possible, I think this was a bit of a stretch. Especially as it gets tied into multiple attractions. A very interesting conspiracy theory though.

aladdin2007

I remember about two weeks ago someone said there were new blue lights added and I told them they had been there for a while. Well, I owe them an apology. I went on the ride yesterday and there are indeed more blue lights added to the descent between the cluster of blue lights and the leveling off where the curtains begin. The lights added are on the left whereas before there were just blue lights on the right. I swear there was also some more triangles added and placed right up against the curtain right before the former location of the city. Of course the ugliest portion of the descent where the old little SSE model was still looks awful. You can hear the hum of the air conditioning and there is no attempt at all to hide the infrastructure.

Very true, all of that has been that way for quite some time with no changes. There are def triangle panels right against portions of the curtains which makes me think the curtains are here to stay. Still some have edges that glow and some dont at all, just hanging there black.

The section where the old sse model was is def ugly, look up above you and its even worse. ick. :brick:

jt04

I really don't know how I feel about that.:shrug: Tomorrowland is already a known thing, and is fine without it. This feels like dumbing it down to me.

If someone had said the same thing about POTC we wouldn't have the movies. Of course the same could be said for HM. :hammer:My thinking is that this movie could pay homage, even in a small way, to the ideal vision Walt had for his EPCOT and how that might be realized in the future. They are saying it will be reflective of a very optimistic future which is incredibly rare these days. See Wall-E.

I expect it to look like T-Land/EPCOT/Glitter City/WoM Future City all rolled into one.:)

EPCOT Explorer

If someone had said the same thing about POTC we wouldn't have the movies. Of course the same could be said for HM. :hammer:My thinking is that this movie could pay homage, even in a small way, to the ideal vision Walt had for his EPCOT and how that might be realized in the future. They are saying it will be reflective of a very optimistic future which is incredibly rare these days. See Wall-E.

I expect it to look like T-Land/EPCOT/Glitter City/WoM Future City all rolled into one.:)

Hopefully.

But to me, POTC overstepped it's bounds. The ride inspired the movie, but only so far. Then the movie took over the ride. That sort of robbed it's originality to me.
:shrug:

It's odd, I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom