All Epcot, All the Time (aka Has Disney given up on SSE?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VT GAL

Ok, so let me say that I haven't been on since December, I rode SSE a little bit ago. During the mammoth scene the light was on under the track...it was super bright! And in the descent I felt like there were definitely more triangles closer to the vehicles and right wall. Also, there were fiber optic white stars at the beginning and end of the descent tunnel. Almost 3/4 of the way down there was a door with a light on behind it. I took video of it, and I will see if I can get it posted sooner than later.

On a side note, all of the nemo effects were working!

aladdin2007

Ok, so let me say that I haven't been on since December, I rode SSE a little bit ago. During the mammoth scene the light was on under the track...it was super bright! And in the descent I felt like there were definitely more triangles closer to the vehicles and right wall. Also, there were fiber optic white stars at the beginning and end of the descent tunnel. Almost 3/4 of the way down there was a door with a light on behind it. I took video of it, and I will see if I can get it posted sooner than later.

Thanks for the report...A couple days ago that light was not on under the track but then the week before that it was, so sounds like they continue to have a problem in that area with it being off on.
Interesting about the light being on a behind the door, maybe they are starting to get back down in there and working on things again, but theres no progress been made so far.

EPCOT Explorer

In the shape of actual stars, or pinpoints of light?

DisneyDellsDude

Hopefully.

But to me, POTC overstepped it's bounds. The ride inspired the movie, but only so far. Then the movie took over the ride. That sort of robbed it's originality to me.
:shrug:

It's odd, I know.
No it's not. That's how I feel as well.
If they didn't add any movie elements to the ride, I could care less how far they took the movie franchise - but since took over the parks, I guess I am more concerned.
I guess I do care for the theme parks - and the entertainment they bring.:)

VT GAL

DisneyDellsDude - Yes!!!!!! I almost jumped out of my clammobile! :) The angler fish looked awesome!!!

Dubbz - I should have put 'stars'. The group at the top looked like an awkward rectangle and the ones at the bottom just start and stop...it looks like a mess IMO...

EPCOT Explorer

If they didn't add any movie elements to the ride, I could care less how far they took the movie franchise - but since took over the parks, I guess I am more concerned.
I guess I do care for the theme parks - and the entertainment they bring.:)

Right!:sohappy::lol: Thought I was the only one.

It's the other way around, for me too.

EPCOT Explorer

DisneyDellsDude - Yes!!!!!! I almost jumped out of my clammobile! :) The angler fish looked awesome!!!

Dubbz - I should have put 'stars'. The group at the top looked like an awkward rectangle and the ones at the bottom just start and stop...it looks like a mess IMO...
So in shapes? [/confused] Sorry!

hack2112

Bad news, the movie characters took over the park.

Good news, those Jack Sparrow AAs look amazing, and Valerie Edwards did an amazingly unbelievable job with Jack Sparrow's facial features, which is making me incredibly excited for ObamaBot.

mcjaco

I'll be honest, the Jack Sparrow layover is one of the best jobs they've done in years. I don't mind it at all, and it's now captured the imaginations of a new generation of kids.

Just take a look around at all the kids in pirate gear next time you're there. They did something right.

EPCOT Explorer

Bad news, the movie characters took over the park.

Good news, those Jack Sparrow AAs look amazing, and Valerie Edwards did an amazingly unbelievable job with Jack Sparrow's facial features, which is making me incredibly excited for ObamaBot.
RobObama is going to be very interesrting.:D:king:
I'll be honest, the Jack Sparrow layover is one of the best jobs they've done in years. I don't mind it at all, and it's now captured the imaginations of a new generation of kids.

Just take a look around at all the kids in pirate gear next time you're there. They did something right.
It's true, I LOVE what they did with the franchise, but I wish they could have left the ride alon, for the most part. Maybe snuck Jack in, but not blatently make the ride about him.

*cough IASW characters cough*:lookaroun

mcjaco

It's true, I LOVE what they did with the franchise, but I wish they could have left the ride alon, for the most part. Maybe snuck Jack in, but not blatently make the ride about him.

All you have to do is sit by a famliy and watch them point out Jack to the kids. He's a hit, and what's bringing them into the ride. I say job well done, and trust me, I didn't like the idea one bit when I heard it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom