All Epcot, All the Time (aka Has Disney given up on SSE?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HMF

Original Poster
Well, this is cool...:D

My friend NemoRocks, a fellow member of this board is attending Studio 20 and journeyed over to EPCOT to find this...

DSC04367.jpg

The animation is a tad different. The characters without a rider's face are much different from what they used to be. They used to be MUCH, much more cartoony.

Interesting that they have been tinkering with the software.
A lot better but still not gonna beat 94.

HMF

Original Poster
Interestingly' It looks like The Magical theme from Splashtacular is being re-used for Disneyland's new fireworks show.

HMF

Original Poster
I know!:sohappy::lol: It's originally from Tokyo (what else is new?:rolleyes:) but that's pretty cool. It's a nice classic Disneyesque theme.:D

:lol:

The sad truth is as an Epcot purist I am supposed to dislike splashtacular because it was a thematic violation (which I never actually saw by the way.) but now the music is stuck in my head. Disney sure likes to shamelessly re-use music.

EPCOT Explorer

The sad truth is as an Epcot purist I am supposed to dislike splashtacular because it was a thematic violation (which I never actually saw by the way.) but now the music is stuck in my head. Disney sure likes to shamelessly re-use music.
If you like it, you like it.:dazzle::zipit::lol: Don't take this too seriously.

I'm a fanboy, and I'm fine with it...If it's all EPCOT, it's all good. ;)

HMF

Original Poster
If you like it, you like it.:dazzle::zipit::lol: Don't take this too seriously.

I'm a fanboy, and I'm fine with it.
I can't really like what I never saw. All I know about it is from Martins Innoventions video. Even though it seems like certain ideas from it were re-used in Tapestry of Nations albeit in a more thematicly appropriate way.

EPCOT Explorer

I can't really like what I never saw. All I know about it is from Martins Innoventions video. Even though it seems like certain ideas from it were re-used in Tapestry of Nations albeit in a more thematicly appropriate way.

I think we saw it in 1993 becuase I remember being freaked out by all the pyro, but that's about it.:shrug: The rest of that show is a huge blur.:lol:

HMF

Original Poster
I think we saw it in 1993 becuase I remember being freaked out by all the pyro, but that's about it.:shrug: The rest of that show is a huge blur.:lol:
I remember my first WDW trip like it was yesterday. albeit it was 1999.

dandaman

So I'm just about to take an order today at A&W when my eyes are drawn to a certain logo on said orderer's sweatshirt... "Walt Disney World: EPCOT Center" with the retro logo/Prototype font and all!

I think I may have scared her a little when I gasped and pointed to the shirt before explaining, but it surprised the hell outta me to see that logo so far from property aside from merchandise that isn't owned by yours truly. :lol:

mcjaco

Believe, mcjaco, believe...:lookaroun:lol:

I'm trying. :lol:

So I'm just about to take an order today at A&W when my eyes are drawn to a certain logo on said orderer's sweatshirt... "Walt Disney World: EPCOT Center" with the retro logo/Prototype font and all!

I think I may have scared her a little when I gasped and pointed to the shirt before explaining, but it surprised the hell outta me to see that logo so far from property aside from merchandise that isn't owned by yours truly. :lol:

Are you sure wasn't just scared of you? :wave: :p :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom