All Epcot, All the Time (aka Has Disney given up on SSE?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tirian

.....and..........can we expect an update? :wave:

News, we need news :dazzle:

No, not now. GothMickey has it right at the moment. Basically, it'll happen when it happens, and I know that nobody wants to hear that right now. :(

SleepingMonk

Did you see the Cramer/ Stewart interview. That was very BA.

Stewart is a leftist stooge, playing to the only audience that will buy his bull. He has a long history of failed movies and failed TV shows, now he finally found his target market and is playing up to the rubes.

And he CAN'T have it both ways.....saying he's just a comedian making jokes out of one side of his mouth and then playing the serious political activist out of the other side.

He wants to stand up and make a statement but he doesn't want to accept any responsibility for his words or views.

"But I'm just a comedian!"

:hurl:

GothMickey

Marni says he heard end of March/beginning of April. I bet, by Easter break, we STILL don't have a complete Spaceship Earth.

CaptainMichael

Stewart is a leftist stooge, playing to the only audience that will buy his bull. He has a long history of failed movies and failed TV shows, now he finally found his target market and is playing up to the rubes.

And he CAN'T have it both ways.....saying he's just a comedian making jokes out of one side of his mouth and then playing the serious political activist out of the other side.

He wants to stand up and make a statement but he doesn't want to accept any responsibility for his words or views.

Fail.

Daily Show and Colbert Report > than CNN, MSNBC, and Fox News any day of the week

Both sides make up the news, but the difference is that Comedy Central doesn't try to hide it.

EpcotServo

In a world full of deception from both sides, he's the only one out there who's telling the truth. The Daily Show has stepped up more than ANY major news network to point out the mistakes, using their own words and images, that Democrats, Republicans, and most importantly the Media have made and done more than any other Television show in the past ten years to promote discussion and healthy debate over important issues without resorting to insults, rumor, innuendo, and hearsay such as set by the tone of the statements in bold.

Just as Edward R. Murrow did when he and "See It Now" stepped up and dared to question Joe McCarthy, I feel that, more than once, the Daily Show has stepped out of their set boundaries to dare question Networks and Politicians on the consequences that their actions have had to not just one political party or special interest, but to all people on a basic human level. Just as with "See It Now", people will think little of it or smear it with insults and names. But I think, should any sane man look back at these times, I hope they see recorded on tape a show that sometimes, just sometimes, dared to ask the questions the media was too busy sensationalizing to show the cold hard truth behind these words and pictures. In the truly dark days of history, look back and you'll see that most times the Jester was the only one allowed to tell the truth.

"No reason to get excited, the thief he kindly spoke...There are many here among us, who feel that life is but a joke."
-
Bob Dylan, excerpt from the song "All Along the Watchtower"

SleepingMonk

A note to Stewart from Murrow...

"Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar."

EpcotServo

A note to Stewart from Murrow...

"Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar."

Good quote.

I can think of MANY news networks and broadcasters that need to be told that. It's practically the same message that the Daily Show has often tried to point out to people about them...

(And just for the record, that quote does not imply that when it reaches only to the end of the bar that the voice itself therefore can't contain any wisdom. That's the beauty of the quote really, the truth that it's not how much the voice is heard, it's the truth of the words in it.)

SleepingMonk

When Stewart starts calling the Obama administration on any of their gaffs or bad decisions I'll consider him more than another mouthpiece for the left.

Until then he's worse than a court jester. He's the fool who thinks he should be sitting in the king's throne.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom