All Epcot, All the Time (aka Has Disney given up on SSE?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Chaos

When Stewart starts calling the Obama administration on any of their gaffs or bad decisions I'll consider him more than another mouthpiece for the left.

Until then he's worse than a court jester. He's the fool who thinks he should be sitting in the king's throne.

Rush?? Rush Limbaugh?? Come on Rush.. get off the Oxycodon and start talking EPCOT...

EPCOT Explorer

OK...Can we lay off the politics? I don't want my favorite thread closed...;):wave:

*oh, the irony...I want people to stop the politics talk*:lol::lookaroun

SleepingMonk

OK...Can we lay off the politics? I don't want my favorite thread closed...;):wave:

Agreed!

epcotballconstruction.jpg

EpcotServo

When Stewart starts calling the Obama administration on any of their gaffs or bad decisions I'll consider him more than another mouthpiece for the left.

Until then he's worse than a court jester. He's the fool who thinks he should be sitting in the king's throne.

Like many of the pieces he did about people thinking he's a God-like Figure after the inauguration?

Or how about how he recently pointed out how the President approved that Bill with all the pork and joked that he "Obviously just signed it RELUCTANTLY..." and showed a picture of his signature with a little frowney face in the O?
:lol:

And if he wanted to be in a position of power, why does he keep hosting the thing year after year? Other hosts of The Daily Show ended their contracts and moved on to the Entertainment or News industry. But that's not the job he wants (And obviously not the Job you think he wants.) He's a comedian on a Basic Cable news show. That's who he's always been.

You'd never see it or admit it, but the only reason you're talking about him isn't because he's power hungry. After all, the show's been in the same slot, the same thirty minutes for years now. What happened? People started listening, and guess what? People like me started to see that he was telling the truth.

And nowadays, the truth is the real joke.

Now I'm leaving the thread, I hope to talk about EPCOT matters tomorrow.

jt04

And nowadays, the truth is the real joke.

If the truth is the joke how can we take anything you say seriously. :brick:

It's like a catch 22 and a paradox and a conundrum and an enigma. :lookaroun

Hi Alice, welcome to wonderland. I'll take you to meet the mad hatter now.:p

By the way, don't tell him he looks like Johnny Depp, he hates that.:zipit:

:D

Missing20K

I'll start with a single political comment and then move on to Epcot.

I'll readily admit to voting for Obama in the election, and my main concern, or issue, with the administration I voted for, is that they have not put any of their budget or legislation proposals online for citizen review, as promised during the campaign.

Now, on to Epcot.

Martin, if you are reading, I watched your Horizons tribute last night for the first time (I know it should have been viewed ages ago, give me a break) and just had to say, WOW, it was fantastic. As close as possible to actually experiencing the ride. Do you have any plans to do something similar for other attractions?

As far as current Epcot, has there been any more information about UoE's supposed refurb?

I also have a question about Innoventions. When I was there last January, the both sides seemed, well, cramped, for lack of a better word. Is the layout of Innoventions such that it just feels this way, or is there space inside those buildings that is not being currently used? I remember Communicore, and the early Innoventions, being really airy and open. I would hope they could return to this type of layout, as opposed to what I feel is a tight, cramped, and uncomfortable space. Is nostalgia fogging my memory?

EPCOT Explorer

I'll start with a single political comment and then move on to Epcot.

I'll readily admit to voting for Obama in the election, and my main concern, or issue, with the administration I voted for, is that they have not put any of their budget or legislation proposals online for citizen review, as promised during the campaign.

Now, on to Epcot.

Martin, if you are reading, I watched your Horizons tribute last night for the first time (I know it should have been viewed ages ago, give me a break) and just had to say, WOW, it was fantastic. As close as possible to actually experiencing the ride. Do you have any plans to do something similar for other attractions?

As far as current Epcot, has there been any more information about UoE's supposed refurb?

I also have a question about Innoventions. When I was there last January, the both sides seemed, well, cramped, for lack of a better word. Is the layout of Innoventions such that it just feels this way, or is there space inside those buildings that is not being currently used? I remember Communicore, and the early Innoventions, being really airy and open. I would hope they could return to this type of layout, as opposed to what I feel is a tight, cramped, and uncomfortable space. Is nostalgia fogging my memory?
I'm no Martin but...

Yeah, CCore used to me very airy and open. All the nice windows and open spaces were covered up and filled in. I suppose they could re-do Innov to revert back to CCore, but they would have to demolish the concrete walls and places they filled in in the transition.

Martin actually goes into great detail in his CCore Tribute, released a few weeks ago.

No idea about UoE. I heard track issues were being addressed.

Missing20K

I'm no Martin but...

Yeah, CCore used to me very airy and open. All the nice windows and open spaces were covered up and filled in. I suppose they could re-do Innov to revert back to CCore, but they would have to demolish the concrete walls and places they filled in in the transition.

Martin actually goes into great detail in his CCore Tribute, released a few weeks ago.

No idea about UoE. I heard track issues were being addressed.

Is this on mousebits too?

So all they are doing, that we know of so far, anyway, is just fixing the track? Seems the UoE could use a little more TLC than that. Any word on sponsorship?

For that matter, is there any information on new sponsorships in any aspect of park operations or attractions? I can't recall the last time a corporation stepped up and became a sponsor of an attraction, show, maps, etc. Was it McDonald's and Dinosaur? All we hear about now is sponsors rumored to end their partnership.

EPCOT Explorer

Is this on mousebits too?

So all they are doing, that we know of so far, anyway, is just fixing the track? Seems the UoE could use a little more TLC than that. Any word on sponsorship?

For that matter, is there any information on new sponsorships in any aspect of park operations or attractions? I can't recall the last time a corporation stepped up and became a sponsor of an attraction, show, maps, etc. Was it McDonald's and Dinosaur? All we hear about now is sponsors rumored to end their partnership.

Yep...On MB. It's in two parts though.:)

Yeah, I agree that UoE needs help. I would love to see that Pav with a new sponsor (BP!?) and really "Go Green". They could really make a relevant Pav outta it. Unfortunately, that's all conjecture.

Disneyson 1

So what was wrong with the UoE track to begin with? I understand that it's a complex imbedded system of wires, but why would that need matenince?

Disneyson 1

That might be a good idea. Or maybe they're switching it over to a quicker, more fast-paced ride, like Pooh's Hunny Hunt! Imagine: You zoom across the floor, right under the giant neck of the leaf-chewing dino. It sneezes on you! You randomly spin around!! GENIUS!!!

HMF

Original Poster

*oh, the irony...I want people to stop the politics talk*:lol::lookaroun
Iw ill never bring up Jeremy Irons' Judi Dench and BBC in the same sentence again.:wave: Thanks for calling this thread your favorite it means a lot to me.

EPCOT Explorer

That might be a good idea. Or maybe they're switching it over to a quicker, more fast-paced ride, like Pooh's Hunny Hunt! Imagine: You zoom across the floor, right under the giant neck of the leaf-chewing dino. It sneezes on you! You randomly spin around!! GENIUS!!!
:lookaroun That actually sounds good.:lol:
Iw ill never bring up Jeremy Irons' Judi Dench and BBC in the same sentence again.:wave: Thanks for calling this thread your favorite it means a lot to me.

:lol::wave: Anytime.:D *hugz the thread*

EPCOT Explorer

ROE News coming in from Krank tonight...

He said the show WITH the Inferno Barge was spot on perfect save for the two bursts of gold and multicolored bursts at the beginning of Adventure. He said that Celebration was very perfect and so was WGO. Good news!:D

SirGoofy

ROE News coming in from Krank tonight...

He said the show WITH the Inferno Barge was spot on perfect save for the two bursts of gold and multicolored bursts at the beginning of Adventure. He said that Celebration was very perfect and so was WGO. Good news!:D

Glad to hear the barge is back. It isn't RoE without it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom