All Epcot, All the Time (aka Has Disney given up on SSE?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HMF

Original Poster
I still enjoy the attraction, and I think the Jeopardy idea still works. If the Theater 2 show could be updated, it would really help the show in the interim. Ideally, I'd like to see the entire UoE concept reimagineered, with a total restructuring of the ride system. The Preshow-Theater-Diorama-Theater-Theater system has run its course, I think. The armchair imagineer in me hasn't decided what sort of attraction would work bestin this pavilion, but it's got to be something completely new and not an update to the existing ride system. The ride system is very innovative, and I appreciate it's design, but it's just getting to be too limiting to the design. A clean slate would be the best thing to work from.

I would send the dinosaurs to DinoLand for expansion there, because those AAs are too huge and awesome to just dismantle or repurpose. And I would make sure those solar panels on the building actually worked. Beyond that I'm not sure what would be best to do inside. though it would be nice to see two attractions inside that pavilion instead of just one...
I don't think re-doing the entire thing from scratch is a good idea.

Missing20K

I would love to see the Pav revamped with a going Green theme.

Count me in. As I think I've made abundantly clear in other posts. :ROFLOL:

Wish they would do it with that new "contemporary" building.

They were on the right track when it opened with the solar panels at a time they were still mostly cost-prohibitive to use. During a time when climate change, sustainability, and "green", weren't even buzz words yet, Disney had a building with solar panels. They were ahead of their time when it came to not only "edutaining" people about solar panels, but actively using them on the very building that housed the attraction.

With recent technological advances zero-net energy buildings are on the horizon. It would be fascinating if Disney could focus on the drive for complete energy independence (the kind where no energy is wasted, not the kind where we stop importing oil) in all aspects of life. Show how energy is not only produced, but how it is used. I think a major shortcoming of the attraction is how they gloss over energy usage. They don't get into conservation much (correct me if I'm wrong, my memory is fuzzy) or ideas about new ways to capture "wasted" or "lost" energy.

I hope they refurb it so that it inspires the world to think about energy in a different way. Shoot for the stars, Disney. Make people stretch their minds and imagination. Give children a branch, they will reach. Just please don't dumb it down for the lowest common denominator. Then we are stuck with rides for Cletus. It has always been standard MO for Disney to expect more from their guests. Or at least it used to be. Sorry, that turned into a rant. It was unintended.

Hummer1676

Has anyone seen the long term plans for the park. There has to be some plan to take the park to the next stage! There was talk a while back about adding a new country. What will happen with Wonders? I wish pfizer or another pharmecutical company would take it over, most of them have money; people will always need medicine.

After all this is more of an adult park. There is so much wasted space in the park i am surprised they aren't offering free space in innoventions for technology companies to highlight their products. Shoot allow them to sell some products.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
:Thread drift:

What are they doing to it anyway? Is this the scren replacementwe heard about in a permit filed a while back (when they replaced the screen at HISTA, too)? Or are they replacing the films themselves? (Wouldn't that be wonderful, updated films with a 21st century Ellen & Co.)
Screens maybe (they arn`t that old), carpet and ride control system. If it was new films it`d be all over these forums, not to mention marketing claiming the park has a new attraction. The sooner the better, but not yet (see my previous posts on why Ellen is a waste of space in this pavilion - literally)

optjay

Maybe with HP already a sponser in Epcot, Apple should sponsor at Animal Kingdom? I am thinking Tree of Life becoming the " APPLE Tree of life"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom