All Epcot, All the Time (aka Has Disney given up on SSE?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hummer1676

Not necessarily, but I see your point. The fact still remains that, even if Seimens wanted the ride plussed (and was willing to pay more money to have it done), here's no good reason Disney couldn't take the ride down for a month and get it oer with rather than make it a third-shift hassle every night for several months. Whether or not the new effects are disneys plan or Seimen's deman, it's still stupid that they're doing this
work only in the third shift.

That would actually be pretty cool. However, are there financial concerns tied to this? for instance, would WDI actually have to pay epcot for sponsorship? (Don't different branches of the company pay each other all the time for various reasons? does it even out because Epcot would have already paid WDI for the new attraction design?)

That was just random thought, but the idea itself is pretty cool. However, it would have people asking, "well why didn't they ever build it if it's so imaginative?"

You are correct. It all comes down to differnet business units, as they are considered seperate until corporate binds them together. As for sponsorship, i doubt they would have to pay for sponsorship, they could fix the ride up and use it as the blue sky cellar like at DCA.

This also makes me think of another pavillion, the energy pavillion. Why haven't any companies like GE been offered this pavillion. They promote their new eco-friendly energy business and its about time they update it with the new technology out there.

WDWFigment

This also makes me think of another pavillion, the energy pavillion. Why haven't any companies like GE been offered this pavillion. They promote their new eco-friendly energy business and its about time they update it with the new technology out there.

Ha, if it were offered to GE, we might be having the same discussion as in the Test Track thread. GE is having major difficulties right now thanks to its over-leveraged financial arm.

tirian

Ha, if it were offered to GE, we might be having the same discussion as in the Test Track thread. GE is having major difficulties right now thanks to its over-leveraged financial arm.

GE owns Universal. They're never going to sponsor anything in Disney again.

WDWFigment

You'd really think that, even if I didn't have knowledge of the business world, that minimally, being a 30 Rock fan would've made that my instant reaction. I guess I wasn't all together this morning. :shrug:

tirian

Dear Disney:

Now that the Nestle and Siemens partnerships have effectively nullified Epcot's original plan of showcasing American industries, please look to BP for the UOE pavilion.

jt04

Dear Disney:

Now that the Nestle and Siemens partnerships have effectively nullified Epcot's original plan of showcasing American industries, please look to BP for the UOE pavilion.

You can add my name to the bottom of the petition.:)

Hummer1676

I did not know that. I knew NBC owned Universal, but was unaware that GE was somehow affiliated. Just read up on it.

I still think that they are loosing the true focus of the pavillions. Things need to be updated, but with out funding it becomes stagnent. We can only pray it will get better soon.

mcjaco

I was just thinking about BP being a good partnership for UofE. Looks like someone beat me to it.

I'm really hoping that even in these difficult times, they still try to reach out to companies to help with sponsorships.

That being said, with Obama's "America First" attitude, is it good to go looking for international companies?

tirian

That being said, with Obama's "America First" attitude, is it good to go looking for international companies?

*cough*government first?*cough*

I don't think it matters much at Epcot; Siemens and Nestle already cancelled the original "American Industry" plan.

HMF

Original Poster
Dear Disney:

You are kidding' right?

SirNim

You are kidding' right?
You're kidding.

:lol:

No, bp would be a good fit, and speculation dating back all the way to when ExxonMobil was still the sponsor always included bp stepping up and taking the reins...

jt04

You're kidding.

:lol:

No, bp would be a good fit, and speculation dating back all the way to when ExxonMobil was still the sponsor always included bp stepping up and taking the reins...

I love the idea. bp is at least trying to be innovative and forward looking and is a true energy company. Something american industry seems to have lost for the most part I am sad to say. Of course, there are notable exceptions like Shell Oil. Shell wants to develop shale energy resources but government won't let them so when the lack of energy independence leads to a depression and/or $5.00 a gallon gas everyone will know why. :brick:

tirian

Why would we want a Non-American companay sponsoring a pavillion dedicated to International Brotherhood?:brick:

Why does it matter who sponsors the Energy pavilion, as long as it's not Russia, Iran, or North Korea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom