All Epcot, All the Time (aka Has Disney given up on SSE?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hack2112

IMAX indeed. Not 3-D or anything, but who could watch anything 3-D for 3 hours.
:lol:
Having an IMAX theater extremely close to where I live and where my mother works, I see non-3D IMAX all the time.

Watchmen just keeps getting better and better!

Mr.EPCOT

OK, something new is on the way to Epcot's Innoventions from Raytheon. Nothing to major but it does seem EPCOT Center-ish to me. :sohappy:

Yes, very worthy, indeed.

That's almost worthy of a whole new thread.

I agree. All these "small" additions are really starting to add up.

It's too bad for the cynics that they can't see it.

Playing devil's advocate here, this isn't really an addition, this is merely a replacement. And it's in a pavilion that has lost A LOT of Guest space to backstage areas. Plus Innoventions has really lost it's focus as a science and technology pavilion (just look at how they skirt around it in the description of Innoventions towards the end of that article). Kim Possible is in there now, Where's the Fire? has absolutely nothing to do with science and technology, and Velcro could be way way way better, and doesn't compare in my mind to the Ultimate Home Theater exhibit that was there previously. At least it opened up the doors back into the Breezeway. :D

I also think it's a shame that the Raytheon venue (which will be where the Fantastic Plastics Works was, according to my ex-co-worker friends there) won't be focusing on the company's technology, of which I'm sure would be greatly impressive. On the other hand, seeing as this is apparently math-oriented, it will be nice to actually see a little bit of science in the science and technology pavilion.

Figment632

I think it would be cool to have an Imax theater in Epcot. You could show different futuristic videos to kind of bring back a little of the educational side of Epcot.

Figment632

I think you could get rid of the WOL building and put in an Imax type of theater that would not have it's own theme but share the other FW pavilions theme. Say they could show 6 shows a day one dedicated to space, one about the seas, energy, the land, cars, and imagination I guess. Each day each of these films would be shown and to update it Disney could just fond a new film to fit the topic. They don't even have to make them they could just find films that are appropriate or make them themselves. I think it could work nicely!

EPCOT Explorer

I think you could get rid of the WOL building and put in an Imax type of theater that would not have it's own theme but share the other FW pavilions theme. Say they could show 6 shows a day one dedicated to space, one about the seas, energy, the land, cars, and imagination I guess. Each day each of these films would be shown and to update it Disney could just fond a new film to fit the topic. They don't even have to make them they could just find films that are appropriate or make them themselves. I think it could work nicely!

That concept would work nicely in Innoventions...;)

Figment632

That concept would work nicely in Innoventions...;)

I guess but I think it would have to be a big theater to work right especially if it ever got popular. Things in inoventions get along wait times like storm stuck because they are so small with a small capacity. I was thinking of a theater at least the size of HOP or the show in America.

Jasonflz

I think that if they are going to tear down the WoL building they should put a whole new pavilion in there. I do like the Imax idea but it would work better in Innoventions. They might have to put it partially underground because of size issues though. I wonder what will happen to UOE now that there is alot of talk about change for Epcot.

Figment632

Yea you guys are right I'd rather have a new pavillion where WOL is but they would have to add on to inovations to solve the size issue.

Yes, I think we are all very eager to hear what's in store for WoL...
I'm getting very excited right now....!:p

Anyone have something I can hold on to so I don't fall over?:lookaroun
:ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

Figment632

I love WOL as much as the next person but if it were still open 99% of people would be complaining on how outdated it is and it needs a refurb. But they do need to do something with the space, if there is one thing I can't stand it's wasted space!!!

GothMickey

Are there any plans on the table for Universe of Energy? UoE was one of my favorites until Ellen took over. Even then it wasn't bad, but, you can see just how stale the attraction has gotten. I still visit the pavilion, but, it isn't what it used to be, no where close. I just hope that what ever they do with it, they return it to its former glory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom