All Epcot, All the Time (aka Has Disney given up on SSE?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I`ll try...

WorldFest was first performed on October 23rd 1982 for the Danny Kaye TV special (the one YouTube wrongly calls the opening celebration). The artists were also used for the showcase pavilion opening ceremonies. In 1984 and 1985 from what I can tell, the festival was performed - basically a lot of dancers and musicians native to each country. In 1985 the Disney Characters first joined in too. I`m guessing now that WorldFest eventually turned into the native performers we have today.

The World Showcase parade used the dolls pictured above, in addtion to performers and dancers. It first performed under cover of night - spotlit - on October 1st 1982. The parade utilised all of World Showcase prom. It continued through Christmas 1982 but was stopped when New World Fantasy began in late May 1983. It featured probably the worst song from EPCOT Center after The Computer Song. Probably.

EPCOT Explorer

I`ll try...

WorldFest was first performed on October 23rd 1982 for the Danny Kaye TV special (the one YouTube wrongly calls the opening celebration). The artists were also used for the showcase pavilion opening ceremonies. In 1984 and 1985 from what I can tell, the festival was performed - basically a lot of dancers and musicians native to each country. In 1985 the Disney Characters first joined in too. I`m guessing now that WorldFest eventually turned into the native performers we have today.

The World Showcase parade used the dolls pictured above, in addtion to performers and dancers. It first performed under cover of night - spotlit - on October 1st 1982. The parade utilised all of World Showcase prom. It continued through Christmas 1982 but was stopped when New World Fantasy began in late May 1983. It featured probably the worst song from EPCOT Center after The Computer Song. Probably.

That was quite a try!:lol::sohappy:

Epic information, Martin.:D Thanks so much. *adds this to the cache of info in his EPCOT Doc in Word:lol:*

HMF

Original Poster
I just thought of something. Was the new descent Disney's idea or Siemens' idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom