Alfredo di Roma Ristorante Closing?

Tim G

Originally I wanted to write " The Pixar Way" ...

The way where the money is... meaning the way they hold this puppet CEO in their hands... :lookaroun

Skippy2000

Exciting new changes are coming to the Italy Pavilion at Epcot that will further enhance the Guest experience.

Our contract with L’Originale Alfredo di Roma Ristorante will reach its conclusion on August 31, 2007. While we have enjoyed working with the Alfredo’s Group since Epcot opened, we are finalizing plans to develop a new Italian restaurant concept.

This builds upon the original vision for World Showcase, which was designed to continually evolve and offer new Guest experiences that showcase cultures, traditions and immersive entertainment from around the world.

We look forward to announcing more details in true Disney fashion once all the particulars are finalized.

Why are you making this change?

We have an opportunity to further enhance the Guest experience and build upon the original vision for World Showcase, which was designed to continually evolve and showcase cultures, traditions and immersive entertainment from around the world.

Why after so many years?

Although it has been a privilege to be the home to Alfredo’s Restaurant for more than 20 years, Epcot is transitioning to a new Italian dining experience where Italy’s rich history and vibrant culture will continue to enrich the Guest experience.

When will Alfredo’s close?

Alfredo’s is currently scheduled to close at the end of August 2007.

When will the new restaurant open?

Although details are still coming together, we expect the restaurant to close temporarily during the transition process.

What is coming in its place?

While we are not ready to announce this new restaurant, we are currently finalizing negotiations with a strategic partner. We look forward to sharing more details once they are finalized.

Will this change impact the Food & Wine Festival?

No. Everything will operate as normal for this year’s International Food & Wine Festival.

What will happen to the existing employees?

All affected employees will be presented with options, which will vary based on their current job function and individual set of circumstances.

What if a Guest already has a reservation booked for the restaurant (that occurs after its last day of operations); what should they do?

As of this time, there are no dining reservations booked that will be impacted by this change.

Has Alfredo’s Restaurant relocated in the local area?

While Alfredo’s has an established restaurant in New York City, we have not received any information about a venue in the Central Florida area.

Will the new Italian dining experience be a part of the Magic Your Way dining plan?

Yes, we expect the new Italian dining experience will participate in the Magic Your Way dining plan.

Will the new Italian dining experience continue to have Cultural Representatives from Italy to lend to a truly genuine Italian experience?

Yes.

Will this change impact any other venues within the Italy Pavilion or World Showcase?

No.

All above information has now been officially released to be shared with Guests.

Alfredo's may or may not be closing, but I'm not buyin' this as "the" announcement. Honestly now, does this read like any official Disney announcement you've ever read? Seems to me like someone having a good time playing at write-your-own-Disney-press-release. Examples:
-- "Announcing more details in true Disney fashion..." WDW does a lot of things in Disney fashion, but "announcing details" in Disney fashion? Someone's trying too hard to sound corporate.

--"Has Alfredo’s Restaurant relocated in the local area?" -- Even as a "planted" question, this makes no sense. Obviously, with Alfredo's still open, it hasn't relocated yet. And "local area" doesn't sound like a phrase a Disney corporate type would use - too generic. Finally, as hard as corporate types strain to come up with Q and A's in a release like this, do you really think (with all the effort to keep guests on-site) that they would plant a question whose purpose was to tempt people to consider dining off-site?

--"What will happen to the existing employees?" Really now: WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU SAW A DISNEY RELEASE REFERRING TO CAST MEMBERS AS "EMPLOYEES?"

-- "When will the new restaurant open?
Although details are still coming together, we expect the restaurant to close temporarily during the transition process." . . .Think about this Q and A: The "question" is when the "new restaurant" will open. The "answer" states "we expect the restaurant to close..." Sound Disney to you?

As I said, Alfredo's may or not be closing. But someone is funnin' with us regarding this "announcement." Just my 2 cents here.

JPVonDrake

Alfredo's may or may not be closing, but I'm not buyin' this as "the" announcement. Honestly now, does this read like any official Disney announcement you've ever read? Seems to me like someone having a good time playing at write-your-own-Disney-press-release. Examples:
-- "Announcing more details in true Disney fashion..." WDW does a lot of things in Disney fashion, but "announcing details" in Disney fashion? Someone's trying too hard to sound corporate.

--"Has Alfredo’s Restaurant relocated in the local area?" -- Even as a "planted" question, this makes no sense. Obviously, with Alfredo's still open, it hasn't relocated yet. And "local area" doesn't sound like a phrase a Disney corporate type would use - too generic. Finally, as hard as corporate types strain to come up with Q and A's in a release like this, do you really think (with all the effort to keep guests on-site) that they would plant a question whose purpose was to tempt people to consider dining off-site?

--"What will happen to the existing employees?" Really now: WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU SAW A DISNEY RELEASE REFERRING TO CAST MEMBERS AS "EMPLOYEES?"

-- "When will the new restaurant open?
Although details are still coming together, we expect the restaurant to close temporarily during the transition process." . . .Think about this Q and A: The "question" is when the "new restaurant" will open. The "answer" states "we expect the restaurant to close..." Sound Disney to you?

As I said, Alfredo's may or not be closing. But someone is funnin' with us regarding this "announcement." Just my 2 cents here.

typhoonguy said:
JP
Did you get this from DCCS/an email/netmeeting? I'm suprised my DW STILL hasn't seen this anywhere.

InsideOtherPark said:
I'm guessing its from "The Hub"

InsideOtherPark is correct. My post is a direct copy from One Source - Advisories posted 5pm, 03/01/07. It does not read like any official Disney announcement you may have read as it is not a press release. It does read like any other DRC / Operations / Cast Advisory.

maelstrom

The general public doesn't necessarily know that Disney refers to its employees as Cast Members. That document was written like a FAQ for the general public.

wedway71

My life long best friend is the VP -Food and Bev. Epcot and they said the replacement will be no other than.......

PIZZA HUT.....

ok jk:hammer:

majortom1981

Hmm

I hope its a better restaurant then what was there. i ate there in august and didnt think it was to good. Maybe if you come from a place that doesnt have a true italian restaraunt then maybe but I feel disney could do better.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
This builds upon the original vision for World Showcase, which was designed to continually evolve and offer new Guest experiences that showcase cultures, traditions and immersive entertainment from around the world..
Finally! Rhine River and Meet the World are being built!

What? It`s just another restaurant? Oh.....

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Finally! Rhine River and Meet the World are being built!

What? It`s just another restaurant? Oh.....
I hope it isnt the Rhine, thats a working river, Mosel is far nicer. Though Rhine in flames is a good excuse for a weekend celebrating the offerings of the vine.

txhank

I cant believe it

What is WDW thinking? How can they get rid of such a excellent restuarant. My wife and I have been going to WDW for the last 7 yrs and have everytime stopped at Alfredos for lunch..the food not only was terrific but well served.The waiters were knowledgeable and freindly.. I cant believe that this is happening..This is the most terrible of news to come out of WDW. We are planning a trip in Oct..Im wondering if the new restaurant will be open by then? If not then what? I still cant believe this is happening...

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
What is WDW thinking? How can they get rid of such a excellent restuarant. My wife and I have been going to WDW for the last 7 yrs and have everytime stopped at Alfredos for lunch..the food not only was terrific but well served.The waiters were knowledgeable and freindly.. I cant believe that this is happening..This is the most terrible of news to come out of WDW. We are planning a trip in Oct..Im wondering if the new restaurant will be open by then? If not then what? I still cant believe this is happening...

Calm down and take a breath. Stuff happens.

We just got back today (sob, boo, hiss :mad:), and while we had a great time, I was incredibly sad to learn about the closing of Alfredo's. I hadn't read this thread before I left, so it was a complete surprise to me. Every time we have gone there, the service has been superb, the food delicious, and the atmosphere amazing. Our waiter (who was incredibly hot, btw), was the one to inform us that the restaurant is closing; he wanted to tell us so we weren't disappointed when we came again next year. We asked why, he simply said the contract was up and Disney chose not to renew it.

I'm sure there are as many people out there who like the restaurant as dislike it, but I'm sad to see it go. It was beautiful, and it made Epcot that much more fun - if you've had better lasagna, I'd like to know where so I can go get some myself!

~Signed, Freezing Friggin' Cold in WI...Disney Detox stinks~

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom