Alfredo di Roma Ristorante Closing?

nibblesandbits

Exciting new changes are coming to the Italy Pavilion at Epcot that will further enhance the Guest experience.

Our contract with L’Originale Alfredo di Roma Ristorante will reach its conclusion on August 31, 2007. While we have enjoyed working with the Alfredo’s Group since Epcot opened, we are finalizing plans to develop a new Italian restaurant concept.
well there's the confirmation

dxwwf3

Dang, that's disapointing. But I am one of the few who thought this was one of the best spots at WDW. I just hope they don't change much of the inside of the restaurant because the enviornment is fantastic. And if they can keep the lasagna recipe too that would be great :lol:

MickeyTigg

Thank you for the confirmation JP....the potential for this being exciting is high....but I'll admit, I'm disappointed that Alfredo's is leaving.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Well honestly, I am looking forward to seeing what comes next....we ate there last month for first time and all agreed to never go back. Service was slow that day, the food was so so and the waiter zoomed past our table so quick when he did check on us I thought he had my wings on!!! Asked if everything was OK midflight without giving us a chance to reply. :shrug: Noone checked to see that all of our drinks were gone for 20 minutes......did not feel we got our moneys worth. I wondered since we since we decided to stay for lunch that day and priority seating was totally open for the whole afternoon there, but not anywhere else we wanted to go it that was a sign of decline.....:lookaroun

TomDisney

Some material found the other day over in Italy near Alfredo's:

whopper2.jpg

JimboJones123

Wonder if DDP has anything to do with this. I remember there being issues with several Epcot places when the DDP contract came up for 2007. Maybe the non-conformers are being shown the exit? Again, this is one of the MOST POPULAR places at WDW. Who doesn't eat noodles? Maybe they wanted something "in-house" for such a busy place? More $$ in their pockets. Maybe they will be more brave w/the menu too. It's nice alfredo, but it's butter, salt, garlic and cheese. It isn't the BEST alfredo sauce by a long shot.

aeillill

Well, I can't say I'm sad to see this place go, the food IMO was average at best, quite bland for Italian food. Hopefully the new restaurant will add some life to the Italian Pavillion, which I think is the most boring in the entire WS.

KevinPage

Well, not much of a loss if true - mediocre food and poor service. Disney's never really had any good Italian food in the parks, so any replacement probably won't be better, though. I'm just hoping Il Mulino turns out to even approach the excellence of the original in New York (which may be the best restaurant in the world). We'll see - going to check it out next week...

Any idea when the one in Orlando is going to open? Their website only states "Coming Soon".

Tim G

Our contract with L’Originale Alfredo di Roma Ristorante will reach its conclusion on August 31, 2007. While we have enjoyed working with the Alfredo’s Group since Epcot opened, we are finalizing plans to develop a new Italian restaurant concept.
But as far as I know... that's only a small chapter of the memo...

And the only difference this time is, that they're going to do this the " Disney Way" ... and we all know what THAT means... :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom