Alfredo di Roma Ristorante Closing?

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
The recent Top Gears were the best shows yet, I cant imagine how they are going to set the new series in the US and not have Clarckson getting lynched.
what?!?!!? They're setting it in the US???????????????

I remember the episode this past season when they went to the US and it's honestly the most memorable episode they've done. I haven't laughed so hard in a LOOOOOOOOOONG time.

RiversideBunny

I know this is an older thread, but anyone know what's replacing Alfredo's for sure?

From allearsnet.com, restaurant news:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Patina Restaurant Group to open new Epcot restaurant. L'Originale Alfredo di Roma Ristorante in the Italy pavilion closes in September, and California-based Patina Restaurant Group will open a new restaurant in the same spot in fall 2008. (Patina will operate a temporary Italian eatery, Tutto Italia, until the new restaurant debuts. The Epcot restaurant is the newest flagship in Patina's portfolio of nearly 30 restaurants across the U.S. and its first in Florida. [/FONT]

:)

EPCOT.nut

I wish they would just put the restaurant back. I got to eat there for the last time in Feb with my sister. I carried the leftover fettuccine all over EPCOT and the monorail and 2-1/2 hours back home determined to eat it later. And I did.....:slurp:

I will miss that place when I get to go back.

From allearsnet.com, restaurant news:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Patina Restaurant Group to open new Epcot restaurant. L'Originale Alfredo di Roma Ristorante in the Italy pavilion closes in September, and California-based Patina Restaurant Group will open a new restaurant in the same spot in fall 2008. (Patina will operate a temporary Italian eatery, Tutto Italia, until the new restaurant debuts. The Epcot restaurant is the newest flagship in Patina's portfolio of nearly 30 restaurants across the U.S. and its first in Florida. [/FONT]

:)

So no Italian food at Epcot next summer...I'm thoroughly depressed. Anyone hear anything about Patina? Good service, good food?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
So no Italian food at Epcot next summer...I'm thoroughly depressed. Anyone hear anything about Patina? Good service, good food?

I do believe it WILL be Italian.

It would seems kinda odd to have a restaurant in Italy serving hamburgers and french fries! :shrug:

BSikor

They operate the Napoli restaurant at Downtown Disney in California. I ate there last year and really enjoyed it.

I also heard that Disney will be operating some sort of Italian restaurant in the mean time.

KingStefan

From WDW INFO:

The L'Originale Alfredo di Roma Ristorante is scheduled to close on August 31, 2007.

Starting September 1, 2007, this location will become part of the Patina Restaurant Group. Noted for their "Naples" restaurant in Disneyland, the Epcot venue will feature the cuisine of Master Chef Joachim Splichal.

A flagship restaurant is expected to open at this location in the Fall of 2008. During part of this transition, it will reopen as 'Tutto Italia'. It will participate in the Magic Your Way Dining plan.

I've never eaten there. I'm going to WDW next week (yay!). Should I go before it closes? Am I missing something important? Being from the NYC area, I can get really good Italian American food, and even some authentic Italian food at dozens of places. If this Alfredo's is marginally better than the Olive Garden (which I hate), I'll skip it.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I think that is probably because it will open immediately under a new name, 'Tutto Italia'.

From WDW INFO:

I've never eaten there. I'm going to WDW next week (yay!). Should I go before it closes? Am I missing something important? Being from the NYC area, I can get really good Italian American food, and even some authentic Italian food at dozens of places. If this Alfredo's is marginally better than the Olive Garden (which I hate), I'll skip it.
My personal opinion is you can get better Italian at CiCis Pizza.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom