Alfredo di Roma Ristorante Closing?

yazmin182

I hope this isn't true because I didn't get a chance to go. I hope I have a chance to go to see who's right, is it good or is it bad?

maelstrom

Disney Dining just doesn't seem to have gotten a memo about it yet.

We went to Alfredo's last June when my cousins came down to visit for the day and wanted to have a semi-nice meal. We opted for Alfredo's because we were at Epcot and I pretty much eat only Italian food. Well, it was pretty much just a louder, more obnoxious, pricier, and not-as-good Olive Garden. And I don't like the Olive Garden. I won't be sad to see it go.

My mom and I were just talking a few days ago about how Italy needs a quick-service restaurant in addition to a table service restaurant. Hopefully this will be part of the new set-up. I'd like it if I could just get a quick bowl of baked ziti or pasta without having to sit down, tip a server, wait, etc. There's an Italian counter service place in Festival Bay that does pretty much what I'd want.

typhoonguy

Disney Dining just doesn't seem to have gotten a memo about it yet.

We went to Alfredo's last June when my cousins came down to visit for the day and wanted to have a semi-nice meal. We opted for Alfredo's because we were at Epcot and I pretty much eat only Italian food. Well, it was pretty much just a louder, more obnoxious, pricier, and not-as-good Olive Garden. And I don't like the Olive Garden. I won't be sad to see it go.

My mom and I were just talking a few days ago about how Italy needs a quick-service restaurant in addition to a table service restaurant. Hopefully this will be part of the new set-up. I'd like it if I could just get a quick bowl of baked ziti or pasta without having to sit down, tip a server, wait, etc. There's an Italian counter service place in Festival Bay that does pretty much what I'd want.

You mean Rosemary Rose hasn't gotten the memo? Since she is the one that you know, is VP of F&B, you figure her office would know first. Wouldn't they?

mousermerf

Account Suspended
If you think Rosemary Rose has anything to do with DRS - or more importantly, DRC, you're sadly mistaken.

Two offices, Tampa and Orlando, which handle incomming calls for dining reservations and the vast majority of dining reservations. The system is based through them, and if a restaurant has issues, calls their tech support group.

DRC may not have been told, it may not be official. But to say it wont happen because DRS doesn't say anything? That's silly.

Have you looked at the "Not-DVC" work going on at the Contemporary lately? DRC also takes all the calls inbound for resort reservations and is the reason we got so many posts saying "Well I called and they said the North Wing wasn't being torn down soon..."

Edit:

Definations...

DRS - Dining Reservation System (cmputer program, also books tours!)
DRC - Disney Reservation Center (a call center)

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
If you think Rosemary Rose has anything to do with DRS - or more importantly, DRC, you're sadly mistaken.

Two offices, Tampa and Orlando, which handle incomming calls for dining reservations and the vast majority of dining reservations. The system is based through them, and if a restaurant has issues, calls their tech support group.

DRC may not have been told, it may not be official. But to say it wont happen because DRS doesn't say anything? That's silly.

Have you looked at the "Not-DVC" work going on at the Contemporary lately? DRC also takes all the calls inbound for resort reservations and is the reason we got so many posts saying "Well I called and they said the North Wing wasn't being torn down soon..."

Edit:

Definations...

Makes total sense to me. I work for a company that has two huge call centers in the central US. You cant do anything quickly. It takes at least a month to two months to get procedural changes implemented.

Tim G

It's going to be totally gutted... :lookaroun

Totally new interior... :)

Complete rehab... :D

It's going to be some sort of a new Italian Fish andGrill restaurant, or something like that... :shrug:

And... of course a new name... :D

Of course all in the line and tradition of the glorified new management... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ristorante "Nemo"
....Grill - Pizzeria - Pisce di Mare

jedimaster1227

It's going to be some sort of a new Italian Fish andGrill restaurant, or something like that... :shrug:
Of course all in the line and tradition of the glorified new management... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Ristorante "Nemo"

I'm glad we still have your humor here Corrus! :wave:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
....and wings....dont forget the wings....:ROFLOL:
ahhh, Italian Wings :slurp:
Just fyi it's complete and total BS. DRS has no notes about it and has booked MULTIPLE reservations 180 days out from today.
Like others said, just because they don't know doesn't mean that it isn't true!

Of course all in the line and tradition of the glorified new management... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Ristorante "Nemo"

Featuring their specialty :
filetofnemo.jpg

DonaldDoleWhip

Ristorante "Nemo"
....Grill - Pizzeria - Pisce di Mare.
That's actually pretty catchy. I would go to Ristorante Nemo any day over Alfredo's.

I am hoping that this rumor is true. I hated Alfredo's, partly because I get better food at the local Zanaro's (and it's a lot cheaper).

typhoonguy

Edit:

Definations...

I never said that Rosemary Rose has anything to do with the DRC, however she IS the VP of F&B AND merchandise now. My DW works under her in the F&B LOB. What she DOES have influence over is the notes placed on the 'notes' screen of DRS. If you knew Rosemary, you'd know she'd be EXTREMELY happy (sarcasm) to know ANYTHING dealing with her F&B locations was being misrepresented. Anyone that has even MET her would know she's a stickler and doesn't mess around. Don't quiz me on company abbreviations. I know them all... and I've worked at DRC, not necessarily on the phones, but I put in my time there, so trust me, I know what it is. You've also failed to mention that there are call centers in Houston and Salt Lake, as well as the work from home "willow" team, and another call center that just closed in St Louis. BTW, the "official spiel" in one source does not acknowledge any DVC property at the Contemporary, but it DOES mention building construction to make way for a new "project". I myself work here in a dept that deals directly with selling "events" at many locations all around Disney, which happen to include Alfredos, and we've booked some high dollar events there for December. And when I say High Dollar, I do mean 100,000k plus.

Marley's Ghost

Remember....

IT IS STIL THE... CASTLE.

For goodness sake as much $ as we have given Disney if they offer you something free (with park admision) you take it.

MickeyTigg

:mad: February 26, 2007
line.gif

[FONT=Georgia, Trebuchet MS, Arial]Alfredo di Roma Ristorante Closing![/FONT]
italy_alfredos.jpg
Walt Disney World has announced that Alfredo di Roma Ristorante, a fixture at the Italy Pavilion in Epcot for over 20 years, is closing permanently at the end of July, 2007. There will be a replacement Italian restaurant opening in the same location, but at this time Disney has not released any further details. Guests who have advanced dining reservations beyond the closing date will be contacted by Disney in order to make alternate arrangements.

The above was posted on Intercot.com

I am really upset, we really like this restaurant. We always try to 2 a couple of "fine dining" restaurants and we would go here all the time.

If I hadn't read this on another site....I wouldn't have believed it.

Even though I have issues with Intercot's timeliness in Disney news...could you have at least typed up the information yourself rather cutting and pasting directly from the site?

MickeyTigg

For the Alfredo lovers out there....someone at MousePlanet is reporting that they have an Imagineer friend that states that Disney has not decided on the closing of the restaurant yet.

JPVonDrake

Its Official...

Exciting new changes are coming to the Italy Pavilion at Epcot that will further enhance the Guest experience.

Our contract with L’Originale Alfredo di Roma Ristorante will reach its conclusion on August 31, 2007. While we have enjoyed working with the Alfredo’s Group since Epcot opened, we are finalizing plans to develop a new Italian restaurant concept.

This builds upon the original vision for World Showcase, which was designed to continually evolve and offer new Guest experiences that showcase cultures, traditions and immersive entertainment from around the world.

We look forward to announcing more details in true Disney fashion once all the particulars are finalized.

Why are you making this change?

We have an opportunity to further enhance the Guest experience and build upon the original vision for World Showcase, which was designed to continually evolve and showcase cultures, traditions and immersive entertainment from around the world.

Why after so many years?

Although it has been a privilege to be the home to Alfredo’s Restaurant for more than 20 years, Epcot is transitioning to a new Italian dining experience where Italy’s rich history and vibrant culture will continue to enrich the Guest experience.

When will Alfredo’s close?

Alfredo’s is currently scheduled to close at the end of August 2007.

When will the new restaurant open?

Although details are still coming together, we expect the restaurant to close temporarily during the transition process.

What is coming in its place?

While we are not ready to announce this new restaurant, we are currently finalizing negotiations with a strategic partner. We look forward to sharing more details once they are finalized.

Will this change impact the Food & Wine Festival?

No. Everything will operate as normal for this year’s International Food & Wine Festival.

What will happen to the existing employees?

All affected employees will be presented with options, which will vary based on their current job function and individual set of circumstances.

What if a Guest already has a reservation booked for the restaurant (that occurs after its last day of operations); what should they do?

As of this time, there are no dining reservations booked that will be impacted by this change.

Has Alfredo’s Restaurant relocated in the local area?

While Alfredo’s has an established restaurant in New York City, we have not received any information about a venue in the Central Florida area.

Will the new Italian dining experience be a part of the Magic Your Way dining plan?

Yes, we expect the new Italian dining experience will participate in the Magic Your Way dining plan.

Will the new Italian dining experience continue to have Cultural Representatives from Italy to lend to a truly genuine Italian experience?

Yes.

Will this change impact any other venues within the Italy Pavilion or World Showcase?

No.

All above information has now been officially released to be shared with Guests.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom