Alfredo di Roma Ristorante Closing?

I've been to Maggiano's...I DO love that place. Amazing spinach dip, great bread, great dessert...but didn't love the lasagna. Probably because of the meat though!!

Alfredos... plegh. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

I sense anger and hostility that almost matches mine when I think of bad tippers. Bad experience??

Well, I hate to say it, but my mother-in-law makes pretty good lasagna, even if it does have meat in it. I just have to pick around the meat.

I know, my mom and her sisters make great lasagna...but not with the bolegnese meat/sauces stuff. AND HOW THE HECK DO YOU SPELL THAT???

RedGear

Awww the memories of my cousin Kelly leaving in the middle of dinner and going outside to "fall asleep" on a bench. . . I'll miss you Alfredo. . . :brick:

raven

Alfredos... plegh. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Yes. When we were there in September the waiter asked if we wanted water and we said yes. When the bill came they had charged us $7 for the imported water bottle from Tuscany they used to serve us. :fork:

wdwforus

We had a good meal here, it was some sort of antipasto with traditional meats and cheeses which I love. My brother ended up eating my steak because my boy had fallen asleep and we decided to go back to our room with him nd left the girls with the rest of our party. I think the only complaint we had was it was very noisy there. We are a very loud family and even we didnt like the amount of noise.

iheartdisney91

omg i'll never forget my meal in elfredo's we asked for our meal and then he said oh let me bring you an appitizer, not saying it wasnt complementary. it was lunch meat with multi colored olives:hurl: and it was more expensive then our meal! we were daring one an other to eat the gross olives. hahaha one of them was blueish purple!:lol:

frozenbanana

Patina Group Is In

:fork:I read that Patina Group announced themselves in Italy as the new restaurant to take over Alfredos in EPCOT. It is true according to our waiter. Patina is owned by Compass PLC, which owns Levy Restaurants(Fultons Crab House, Portobello), and Wolfgang Puck. Compass PLC is one of the largest restaurant companies in the world. The Chef is Joachim Splichel, a German, his talent is in French Cuisine. The restaurant will be modeled after Patinas' other restaurant "Naples" in Disneyland California, that restaurant is one of the worst reviewed eateries on property. The new location will be Optimized for the Disney Dining Plan, which usually means hurried service, fast food, noisy locations, but I'm sure it will look pretty. My family and I ate at Alfredo's last night and it was a sad moment when you realize that an Italian Family owned and operated restaurant is being forced out by a British Corporation. We have been coming to Alfredo's since the restaurant opened and it has become a home cooked dinner away from home. Alfredo's didn't always have the best food, but when you serve 2000 plates a day, who could expect perfection, but they tried and would always replace any dish without question. The service has always been spectacular. The waiter told us that "people who have been there for 20 years will be offered jobs at minimum pay", the manager said he "did not know what was going to happen," but he was sure that the new company "would make every effort to offer the employees other positions", that's the same line from the official announcement. I think the managers have to be careful what they say. Disney is supposed to support families, but lately they are proving that money is all they care about. Our son took some of his first steps last night in Alfredo's when we had our family reunion there, I'm sorry but this really is depressing.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
You had better be wrong about Compass. They used to have the contract to provide catering on a base where I served. They were known as Compost Catering because the food tasted poo.

RLMickey

Celebrity Chef

It has been stated a few times around property that we are having a partnership with a Celebrity Chef that will take place of the current Italy pavilion restaurant. No word on who yet, but rumor is they are in talks. :animwink:

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Yes. When we were there in September the waiter asked if we wanted water and we said yes. When the bill came they had charged us $7 for the imported water bottle from Tuscany they used to serve us. :fork:
Another reason to dump them.

Pumbas Nakasak

It has been stated a few times around property that we are having a partnership with a Celebrity Chef that will take place of the current Italy pavilion restaurant. No word on who yet, but rumor is they are in talks. :animwink:

Gordons not a very Itallian name:lookaroun

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
That wouldn't be too bad actually. I could dig that.

I am watching the video of him arguing with Jeremy Clarkson over whether the track was covered in snow or in rain.

Pumbas Nakasak

The recent Top Gears were the best shows yet, I cant imagine how they are going to set the new series in the US and not have Clarckson getting lynched.

Pooh88

We ate there on our honeymoon 14 years ago and liked it a lot. Were there singning waiters then or did we just have a lot of vino? Anyway, went last year and it was average at best for a LOT of money...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom