Alfredo di Roma Ristorante Closing?

dreamscometrue

We've always had outstanding service and great food and we include Alfredo's every visit.

I would question the reliability of this rumour anyway. My cousin worked at Epcot last year, and she said that Alfredo's remains very popular. I'll believe it when I see it closed.

Figments Friend

Wow...did'nt see this coming at all!

Well i much as i enjoyed the food ( exspecially the signature dish..:slurp: ) will have to agree with those that have already posted about not recieving the greatest of service.

Last September during the Free Dining Plan craziness....i went to Alfredos' for the first time and enjoyed the food a lot. The service however was as someone noted above ..."standoffish". Maybe the waiter was just angry at me as i was having a hard time pronouncing the salad i wanted, and ended up saying something that i suppose could have been interupted as something rude. It was just not as pleasent a experience as it COULD have been and i left feeling that i had been a nuisence somewhat. Same goes for Nine Dragons then too.....my first visit ever, been wanting to for years, and it was dissapointing.

Ah well....let's all just hope that whatever takes Alfredo's place will be another nice upscale dining expereince, and NOT some quick-serve joint or worse, yet another character meal ( which i can TOTALLY see happening too....Pinocchio's Feast anyone?)

CBOMB

Alfredo's use to be our favorite spot to dine at Epcot. However after three very mediocre meals it was time to move on. Here's hoping the replacement will be better. All of this really depends on whether or not the other web site has good information or not.

DonaldDoleWhip

If this turns out to be true, I will be so happy! Alfredo's is one of my least favorite restaurants in Epcot, along with San Angel Inn and Nine Dragons.

fizzle75

WOW! I'm shocked and EXTREMELY disappointed!!!! Alfredos is always a staple of our Epcot visits. We've ALWAYS gotten great service and the food is always excellent. THIS IS AWFUL!

And I dunno why most of these posts have been in favor of this. The cuisine is FAR above Olive Garden. And the service has ALWAYS been spot on. Whatever.

Very sad.

Amen on all counts! I was beginning to feel like the "odd man out" here. I'm glad at least a few of us(apparently)share the Alfredo love.

fizzle75

We've always had outstanding service and great food and we include Alfredo's every visit.

I would question the reliability of this rumour anyway. My cousin worked at Epcot last year, and she said that Alfredo's remains very popular. I'll believe it when I see it closed.

According to the OP the information came from Intercot which in my experience seems to be a reliable source. I'm sure there are many on these boards who know more about Intercot's reliability than me. Whaddaya think folks, can this info be trusted?

disneytati

There's one Alfredo di Roma restaurant here in Rio de Janeiro, and I ate there once. Well, I thought it was just too expensive for what they offered... but well.. that's a shame they're closing the Disney one. I wish I had tried it.

Tigggrl

I had always eaten elsewhere anyway, I figured I could get Italian food cheaper....not like theres not a million other Italian reataurants out there! I LOVE the Olive Garden, but I would rather eat at Le Cellier....:shrug:

Tigggrl

I find it hard to believe that they would close a restaurant that is actually making money. There is a reallly great fortune cookie place at DCA, and it was only open on Saturdays between 1-5, till they closed it altogether....*sigh*

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
There's one Alfredo di Roma restaurant here in Rio de Janeiro, and I ate there once. Well, I thought it was just too expensive for what they offered... but well.. that's a shame they're closing the Disney one. I wish I had tried it.

It used to be pretty good, but the food and service has gone downhill.

Let's just hope that they bring in something worthy of the Italian pavilion!

It's always packed and it's a big place. Must be the food?

What place in World Showcase isn't normally packed? :lol:

majortom1981

hmm

No offense to anybody who liked that restauraunt but when we went last august i thought the food was not very good based on the italian restaraunts here on long island,

If a better one comes in ill be happy

slappy magoo

I've never heard of Aldredo's as a chain, only know it from Epcot (and I've never eaten there based on so many tepid-to-poor reviews I've read). But if it IS a chain, I wonder if Alfredo's was leasing the space, and WDW was charging too much for the space? Or another restaurant came along with a better offer? Or Alfredo's in general is having trouble?

Tigggrl

I just ordered from Graziano's, and the deliver to my house....I dont even have to go out or get out of my pajamas....LOL!:p

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Il Munio Trattoria just opened at the Swan, so a very high end italian place just opened very close near by. Considering Alfredos tepid-at-best reviews, perhaps Disney is rethinking things. I'm sorry, the food there is simply just "bleh."

MacRtst

We went there last year. It was the last time we would ever eat there. Service was really not up to par at all. VERY snotty. And food was nothing I couldn't get at home. I personally can't wait to see what they stick in there. So we can try it once again.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
We went there last year. It was the last time we would ever eat there. Service was really not up to par at all. VERY snotty. And food was nothing I couldn't get at home. I personally can't wait to see what they stick in there. So we can try it once again.

Can anyone say another Pizza Planet?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom