Ahsoka D+ Show (Spoiler Thread)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It's a bit strange for sure since it's Daves characters and he's the one in charge.
Which is what’s so strange? He’s taken such care of the A’s..Asohka and now Anakin…that the others feel more “corporate influenced?
I dunno.
It could be. I'll watch it, I'll like it, but the jury is still out if the average joe is watching or if they will stick with it. I hope they are/will. I'm just not getting that water-cooler vibe from the show. Maybe people are waiting to binge it?
Indications have been it isn’t resonating so much? But maybe the finished product will turn the corner?

I mean…a Star Wars show should probably never lose the viewing war with Suits…
But then again…it’s a world gone mad (too hot)

erasure fan1

Though I don't understand why Sabine let Ahsoka leave during the woods. Why not work together to defeat Shin Hati first (they could have done that quickly) then moved on together to get the map?
It's funny because as soon as the droid was like, you should stick together. You always worked better together. I was then like ok, I guess they're going to split apart. Lol, talk about telegraphing what was going to happen.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You see that complaint a lot in movies. Especially when it's an adaptation of a book. The TV series format has always been praised for being able to add depth that a film just can't because of time.
….mmm huh

The early tom clancy movie adapts were known for that. Red October was a short book…so Jack was wooden but worked.
Couldn’t do it with Harrison paycheck and stripped down screenplays for the others.

Many examples good and bad. What Tony Gilroy (R1 rewrites…if we recall?) did with ludlow’s Jason Bourne character in the first 3 movies was amazing.

Last edited:

JAB

With all the theories out there, I don't think anyone had "Nightsister zombie" on their "Marrok is really..." bingo cards. 😏

Also... "Hello, Snips." 🥺 Although, the ominous use of Vader's theme at the end has me worried that Anakin may not be as benevolent as he seems.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It's funny because as soon as the droid was like, you should stick together. You always worked better together. I was then like ok, I guess they're going to split apart. Lol, talk about telegraphing what was going to happen.
They continue to treat everyone like they’re on a 3rd grade reading level.

That should have been learned 25 years ago.

The OT - even Jedi - didn’t treat people that way.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
With all the theories out there, I don't think anyone had "Nightsister zombie" on their "Marrok is really..." bingo cards. 😏
Unless we get a great twist - unlikely - they went “snoked” with that one.
Dave should know better

Also... "Hello, Snips." 🥺 Although, the ominous use of Vader's theme at the end has me worried that Anakin may not be as benevolent as he seems.
Yeah…I think he could be more of a palpatine type apparition…
Excited to see how they let it play. But if you watch the end of the clones wars - 100% Dave - it may provide hints?

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I did feel this episode was pretty good and at least moved things along. The conflict for Sabine was was done and understandable.

Though I don't understand why Sabine let Ahsoka leave during the woods. Why not work together to defeat Shin Hati first (they could have done that quickly) then moved on together to get the map?
The problem was episode 3 was nothing. Useless. So it wasted 30 minutes and episode 4 felt rushed.

They keep doing this. I don’t know how many 6 episode series it’s gonna take to learn not to do filler?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
wow…a whole 8 episodes?

…that changes EVERYTHING 😎
If its only 1 episode out of 8 that is filler, well that is a plus in my book.

I would agree overall more episodes would be better to provide better backstory and better pacing. But such is streaming shows, Stranger Things for example has an average of 8 episodes per season including some filler episodes. So its not just the Marvel/SW D+ shows that have seasons with limited episodes that include filler episodes.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
If its only 1 episode out of 8 that is filler, well that is a plus in my book.

I would agree overall more episodes would be better to provide better backstory and better pacing. But such is streaming shows, Stranger Things for example has an average of 8 episodes per season including some filler episodes. So its not just the Marvel/SW D+ shows that have seasons with limited episodes that include filler episodes.
I want the series to be good…and I’m worried they’re gonna not complete the story arc…whatever it is?

And I’m not insulting the blessed, infallible Disney for the brief seasons…

They all do it.
They all also tend to suck and are making the same mistakes. It’s a Hollywood thing…

Losing $300 mil on Indiana Jones and $80 mil on the little mermaid??

THATS a Disney thing 😎

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Oh no doubt. Just look at book of Boba Fett. I appreciate that they tried to humanize him and flesh him out. But he was a bad A bounty hunter shrouded in mystery that looked awesome. That's what everyone fell in love with.
That ended up being pretty much garbage.

I could also have done without the “leia…brought to you by playskool” too 😂

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom