Ahsoka D+ Show (Spoiler Thread)

Jedijax719

Excellent episode! (finally saw it in entirety). Lots of cliffhangers and, with the next episode being in some theaters too, it should hopefully be great. Let's hope they don't play hook, line, and sinker and give us a dud.

MoonRakerSCM

When I saw Anakin, my first reaction was he looks like a burn victim survivor... I didn't realize what I had thought until a day later.

I find it humorous that Disney did not de-age Hayden for a scene he 'should' have been de-aged for (Obi-Wan flashback) yet did for a scene he would have been just fine in without it (this one).

Jedijax719

When I saw Anakin, my first reaction was he looks like a burn victim survivor... I didn't realize what I had thought until a day later.

I find it humorous that Disney did not de-age Hayden for a scene he 'should' have been de-aged for (Obi-Wan flashback) yet did for a scene he would have been just fine in without it (this one).
Yes, the de-aging looked really bad. If it were on the theater, people would be going ON and ON and ON. Luke looked a million times better in both Mando and Book of Boba. People tend to give more of a pass on TV de-aging than on theatrical, but Hayden looked extremely unnatural. Leaving his as is for Obi-Wan garnered pretty much no complaints so they should have just put some make up on him. Maybe CGI the hair, but not the face in this case.

G00fyDad

My first thought was "Are they trying to make him look like the Clone Wars cartoon Anakin?".

It was pretty bad and I don;t expect it to be better. Probably the same VFX artists that worked on the Grand Inquisitor.

erasure fan1

It was pretty bad and I don;t expect it to be better. Probably the same VFX artists that worked on the Grand Inquisitor.
That's been an issue for Disney for a while now. Just about everything they do has at least one or two, wow, that looks terrible moments. If the end product is good, the complaints go away pretty quick. But if it's like book of boba, that Vespa scooter chase scene will live on forever. And not in a good way. Lol

KeithVH

1694547752569.png

Just sayin' . . .

Wendy Pleakley

I was worried about the de-aging at the end of episode 4 but it was really well done here.

I guess they couldn't afford to also de-age Temuera Morrison so we got the dead clone trooper wrapped in bandages.

Ooh, let's re-open the debate about Star Wars ships not using fuel. That was a fun one.

Solid episode that overstayed its' welcome a bit. The last 10 minutes could have been tightened up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom