Ahsoka D+ Show (Spoiler Thread)

mysto

I was able to watch 2 seasons of Rebels before Ashoka started. The great thing is I know the characters, I'm not really sure what happened to Ezra but they've made it pretty clear he's in the galaxy at the end of the wormhole with Thrawn. I think the story otherwise is very straightforward so far, let's get Ezra while preventing Thrawn from making the same transit. Not hard to understand.

Regarding surviving a lightsaber. I feel like lightsabers are plasma, there's no reason for it to exit the same hole it entered through, the wielder would just swipe it sideways to remove it. A sword would pull straight out because it won't move side to side at all. If for whatever reason a lightsaber were pulled out straight survivability would be luck.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Are any of the Thrawn books canon?
Yes, the trilogy released in 2017-2019 are canon.

Though just to point another wrinkle in the mix, the author at one point said Thrawn wasn't force sensitive, but that was in a twitter post not the books. So the books leave it open, the author outside the books says something else.

Anyways even if we say he didn't have any apparent abilities before Disney can of course make changes as they see fit to the character, and so can retcon it by saying he was hiding his abilities or some such thing.....

All will be answered in the episodes to come.

FutureCEO

I thought it was Disney's best show (so far) on Disney Plus. I was happy to see David Tennant was in the show then I realized he was a droid and points off for that.

For the record, I have yet to watch a minute of Clone Wars and Rebels or read any of the Star Wars books.

Last edited:

G00fyDad

Thrawn isn't force sensitive or 'spiritual'... so how/why would he be 'calling' to a nightsister?

I bet it's Ezra...
A review I read yesterday said that the Night Sister’s abilities differ from regular force users and has never been able to be classified by the Jedi (or anyone). They also said that there's a good chance that the original users of the Night Sister’s magic came from outside the galaxy. So if that's true then this may be other Night Sisters calling to her and not Thrawn OR Ezra.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I kinda shook my head a bit when they said it's a map. It's not the most creative way to move the story along, but it doesn't ruin it either. The other thing that made me roll my eyes a bit was Sabine getting impaled by the lightsaber. Of course she wasn't going to die. I'm guessing Qui-gon is is like, what the heck, how are all these people surviving being stabbed by a light saber! Lol

Overall I liked these first two episodes. I agree that the casual fan could have a hard time if they didn't watch rebels. I thought when Sabine was sleeping they were going to do a bit of a dream sequence to give a little backstory, but nothing. At this point I hope they don't go into a bunch of backstory because we don't get that many episodes and I really want them to stick the landing on this one.
…shockingly…I agree with you 100%

The map/search thing…gotta be a better way?
But we know LFL has been ordered to never admit their “trilogy” blew…so not surprising we get parts of it recycled.

I am overall satisfied with the first two episodes…of course minor tweaks here and there

One thing I noticed in Mando 3 I’m seeing again is that the volume is coming off with a lack of “depth” in some scenes. That was noticeable on a few shots here and there again.

Minor stuff…let’s see how the story goes and it won’t matter?

Also…Ashoka isn’t fast enough. But you can explain that away with age so it’s not a big deal

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It's going to be an issue for the show. I'm a bit surprised that Disney didn't create their own catch you up video and put it on D+ as a prologue. They could have released it last week with a sneak peak of some sort. That way anyone who doesn't need it, can just skip it. But for those who aren't as familiar with the material, they at least have a starting point. And obviously it needs to be of a higher production value. Not just a YouTube quality recap.
It’s really just filonis internal monologue going nuts on screen…strap in

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I've only watched some of Clone Wars, but I have watched all of Rebels, which is really the more important show to watch for this one (imo).

Rebels is fantastic, well worth viewing, and with only 4 seasons, a pretty easy watch.

I don't think it's an issue for the show by any means. Some may feel a bit lost, but can still enjoy the show for what it is, and it may lead many away from the dark side, and towards watching some really great older Star Wars content.
It’s a huge issue…let’s not kid.

We’ll see how it plays…but this is all based off dozens of cartoon shows. That’s asking a lot of an audience that you want to grow

Prince-1

The show isn't for you. Your coming in third act of the movie. You missed some of the best Star Wars stories.

You may be joking but if Disney wants people to enjoy this show they really should have done a better job introducing the cast and the backstory. It was slightly confusing to me and I watched both of the animated series.

LSLS

It’s a huge issue…let’s not kid.

We’ll see how it plays…but this is all based off dozens of cartoon shows. That’s asking a lot of an audience that you want to grow
I wonder if it is a pbit by design. I'd be fascinated to know how the viewership for the cartoons were leading up to and directly after the debut. Basically, is it possible that people saw the first few episodes and decided they were really interested in going back to learn some of the backstory.

I do think 5 minutes of backstory would have been good. Didn't the cartoons kind of do that before each episode anyways?

DKampy

I also saw someone mention how Qui-Gon was hit right in the centre, through his spine. Sabine was hit to the side.
That’s what I said last night to my wife who was wandering how she could survive… perhaps it did not hit any vital organs… people have survived gun shot wounds… she was probably rushed to the hospital right away

Phroobar

That’s what I said last night to my wife who was wandering how she could survive… perhaps it did not hit any vital organs… people have survived gun shot wounds… she was probably rushed to the hospital right away
Mandalorians are tough. They can take a lot of damage. It was bad writing for little dramatic effect.

What doesn't make sense is how Reva could get a lightsaber to gut TWICE and survive. How does a child Padawan during the Jedi purge somehow escape with a quarter inch hole through her gut and get medical attention when everyone knows she is a Jedi Padawan that has betrayed the Empire.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I also saw someone mention how Qui-Gon was hit right in the centre, through his spine. Sabine was hit to the side.

You guys are going down the well here…

I think they just pulled the same move as always and didn’t really think it through…

A thing that happens a lot in that studio.

At least she wasn’t sucked out of a window 😎

DKampy

Mandalorians are tough. They can take a lot of damage. It was bad writing for little dramatic effect.

What doesn't make sense is how Reva could get a lightsaber to gut TWICE and survive. How does a child Padawan during the Jedi purge somehow escape with a quarter inch hole through her gut and get medical attention when everyone knows she is a Jedi Padawan that has betrayed the Empire.
I agree with little dramatic with being better the next episode…I did not even have time to ponder if she would be alright with back to back episodes

Jedijax719

Black Panther suits. They all took the purple herb. Simple as that!

Btw, the saber seemed to hit her left side. I hope that in space they don't need spleens (if it went through her lower rib cage) for whatever reasons.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom