Ahsoka D+ Show (Spoiler Thread)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The map is not a map made specifically to find Thrawn.

It is a map made by a species from that far away galaxy that visited the SW galaxy by way of a hyperdriveway which they discovered by following the Hyperspace Whales.

Thrawn got a ride on that hyperdrive hiway to that far away galaxy thanks to Ezra and the Space Whales. Ezra made the sacrifice to maroon himself along with Thrawn there.

Morgan is force sensitive and felt Thrawn calling to her. She deduced he was in that far away galaxy. Her race of Force Witches knew of that species and their visit to the SW galaxy. Even Baylan heard stories of it while a child at the Jedi academy. She knew where there were ancient ruins of that species and their astroguidance devices.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member

LSLS

I am constantly amazed at how good the music is for all the Star Wars and Marvel D+ shows. I sit through the credits just to listen to the final score of each episode. This show is no exception.
Honestly, I thought it was just me noticing that (and actually leaving the credits on just listening to the music).

Anyways, loving this series so far. I feel like the Star Wars shows have a history of starting a bit slow and then just going to the wall. If this is starting slow, I can't wait for the rest of the season.

Prince-1

I wasn’t really thrilled with the entire map thing. If someone relevant had a map to Thrawn wouldn’t they just go there and get him? Why would a map be created and put into a temple seemingly as though it was there for eons? I feel like it would have played better as an encoded message from Thrawn or something like that.

Also they used “find a map and follow it” in both Ep 7 and 9. So kinda done with that a bit.

(I liked it overall just not that part of the plot.)

Yeah the map thing is somewhat cliched and played out. When Ahsoka was in the map room I was almost expecting to see Indiana Jones walk in with the Staff of Ra.

vikescaper

I am constantly amazed at how good the music is for all the Star Wars and Marvel D+ shows. I sit through the credits just to listen to the final score of each episode. This show is no exception.
Of the shows, I thought season three of The Mandalorian had the weakest music. If Ludwig Gorannson is unable to do season 4, I think they should have Kevin Kiner do it.

Phroobar

Great job so far on Ashoka. It is nice to be back with the crew of the Ghost again. I do hope they include Zeb somehow in the search. The ending of Rebels had Sabine and Ashoka looking for Ezra. I guess they had a falling out. I hope the journey to Thrawn isn't very long.

doctornick

Great job so far on Ashoka. It is nice to be back with the crew of the Ghost again. I do hope they include Zeb somehow in the search. The ending of Rebels had Sabine and Ashoka looking for Ezra. I guess they had a falling out. I hope the journey to Thrawn isn't very long.

Zeb appeared (briefly) in the last season of The Mandalorian and doesn't seem to be working with the former Ghost crew any more so I'm skeptical we'd see him again. IIRC it looked like he was entirely CGI (as opposed to practical) and would probably be expensive to include for extended scenes and action sequences.

The last scene of Rebels were Sabine and Ahsoka went to look for Ezra was literally reproduced in live action as the last scene of Episode 2 of Ahsoka. The indication is that this very TV show showing us what happens with that scene and after it.

Phroobar

Zeb appeared (briefly) in the last season of The Mandalorian and doesn't seem to be working with the former Ghost crew any more so I'm skeptical we'd see him again. IIRC it looked like he was entirely CGI (as opposed to practical) and would probably be expensive to include for extended scenes and action sequences.

The last scene of Rebels were Sabine and Ahsoka went to look for Ezra was literally reproduced in live action as the last scene of Episode 2 of Ahsoka. The indication is that this very TV show showing us what happens with that scene and after it.
David Tennent's droid is CG. The backgrounds are all CG. Even though Zeb works for the New Republic doesn't mean he couldn't fly an fighter in for something.

erasure fan1

I kinda shook my head a bit when they said it's a map. It's not the most creative way to move the story along, but it doesn't ruin it either. The other thing that made me roll my eyes a bit was Sabine getting impaled by the lightsaber. Of course she wasn't going to die. I'm guessing Qui-gon is is like, what the heck, how are all these people surviving being stabbed by a light saber! Lol

Overall I liked these first two episodes. I agree that the casual fan could have a hard time if they didn't watch rebels. I thought when Sabine was sleeping they were going to do a bit of a dream sequence to give a little backstory, but nothing. At this point I hope they don't go into a bunch of backstory because we don't get that many episodes and I really want them to stick the landing on this one.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Ezra and Hyperspace Whales took Thrawn to unknown regions from which no one has ever heard from either of them.

So... how were they suppose to find them? They needed some sort of thing to show where they may have gone... some sort of... map.

Anyhoos, this was perfectly in sync with Rebels in which there was a lot of investigating ancient Jedi, Sith, and Force Sensitive sites and ruins to pick up the pieces of the fall of the Jedi.

Phroobar

I kinda shook my head a bit when they said it's a map. It's not the most creative way to move the story along, but it doesn't ruin it either. The other thing that made me roll my eyes a bit was Sabine getting impaled by the lightsaber. Of course she wasn't going to die. I'm guessing Qui-gon is is like, what the heck, how are all these people surviving being stabbed by a light saber! Lol
I rolled my eyes too over the impaled lightsaber thing. Disney has got to stop doing that. I guess if the character is important they can survive impaling while Qui-gon, Jedi padawans and Separatists in ROTS get killed by Anakin's stabbing.

I'm willing to overlook the whole girl boss save the guy thing because these characters where developed and had learning story arcs in the Clone Wars and Rebels. It is believable because we saw them grow and mature. Heck Sabine took the dark saber from Maul and lead the Mandos for a while. They really are my favorite non-movie characters.

Just add Mara Jade to the mix somehow.

Robbiem

I’m enjoying it so far. I hope that we get to the far away galaxy soon, I wouldn’t want it to be like Force Awakwns with Luke and only have Ezra and Thrawn at the end to,lead into another series

Its interesting to see who pops up in live action from Rebels, I didn’t expect clancy brown to be in the show. Did anyone else think the droid on corellia could be AP5? I’m wondering if we’ll get a flashback with Kanen or maybe Hondo will make an appearance somewhere in the series. Personally I’d love to Azmorigan played by Ken Jeong or Jason Momoa as Quinlan Cos (who we know survived order 66) but I think thats a wish too far!

Always fun as well to spot the gonk droid, he is the alfred hitchcock of star wars with his cameos 😀✌️

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom