Ahsoka D+ Show (Spoiler Thread)

Tha Realest

Yeah…not terrible, not exceptional

So I guess we have a full on 8 episode “intro” series, huh?

Well that’s one way to “produce content”…I suppose?
We need to get back to making a series /season stand on its own terms with open options for the future, vs. as a place setting for future installments which may or may not ever come.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but one episode left? With the likely possibility it ends with everyone now stranded with Ezra?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Correct me if I’m wrong, but one episode left? With the likely possibility it ends with everyone now stranded with Ezra?
Yep…telegraphed plain as the sun in a dessert

Again…one reason why streams
Are vulnerable is they don’t do real seasons to tie people up…6,8,10

Just not enough hours.

Need 18,20,22+. Half the year. Just not enough draw and Star Wars fans aren’t gonna transition to Pinocchio. Flawed plan.

I Blame hbo…”movies on tv”…

Sex and the city had mostly 18-20 episode seasons. It’s enduring/rewatchable

Game of thrones went to 10…which was fine…but then shrank due to budgets

Now all these things cost WAY too much for way too little.

Model isn’t good

MagicHappens1971

Original Poster
.Correct me if I’m wrong, but one episode left?
Yes.
With the likely possibility it ends with everyone now stranded with Ezra?
I don’t think this so personally. It kinda seems too predictable, but on the other hand, depending on where this story is going (the Filoni film) it may be necessary.

I just don’t think this seasons are formatted correctly. As many others have mentioned they’re just broken up films.

Indy_UK

I am so grateful for these shows.

Asoka has actually changed my view of Anakin as a character. In the prequels he just comes across as a teenager with anger issues before turning to the dark side. Having him in Askoa really adds more to him. The shows adding references to the Clone wars too just adds a lovely bridge of all these films.

I know that all the shows are ending with a film but I hope there's a series 2 of Asoka so that we get more Thrawn before he's bumped off.

My only issue with this particular episode is Mon Mothma. Are we just to ignore that she hasn't aged at all between Andor and Askoa when in ROTJ that she's of course played by an old lady. Maybe she's doing a Benjamin Button?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I am so grateful for these shows.

Asoka has actually changed my view of Anakin as a character. In the prequels he just comes across as a teenager with anger issues before turning to the dark side. Having him in Askoa really adds more to him. The shows adding references to the Clone wars too just adds a lovely bridge of all these films.

I know that all the shows are ending with a film but I hope there's a series 2 of Asoka so that we get more Thrawn before he's bumped off.

My only issue with this particular episode is Mon Mothma. Are we just to ignore that she hasn't aged at all between Andor and Askoa when in ROTJ that she's of course played by an old lady. Maybe she's doing a Benjamin Button?

The best think about this show is Anakin…
I can’t lie. People forget he was a promising actor…it was just George’s writing and direction was hot garbage…

Definitely the highlight for me

MoonRakerSCM

........ nnaahhhhhhhhhhh I'm checked out on this one srry. I tried. It's not horrifically BAD like Obi Wan or parts of Boba Fett... but it's not good.

They've completely utterly botched Thrawn let alone his introduction to live action.

I am VERY curious to hear people's opinion on him from those who have never read any of the books or watched Rebels.

In Ahsoka they build him up as a MASSIVE threat... like, this dude can destroy the New Republic just by standing there...

Thus far they've shown him unable to find Ezra for 15 years... while Ezra has just been hanging out down the street with a bunch of caravaning crickets and their beat up Winnebagos. Also the first actual engagement we see him partake in, against said Winnebago riding crickets and their jedi friends, he is defeated with little effort.

Im surprised that Morgan didn't take in this whole episode and spaz out going "We made all this effort to bring you home and THIS is what youre capable of?!??"

But oh yes... they try to play off Thrawn being a masterful genius because he cost them "TIME".... so what? Time for what? They were just caravaning around the wasteland with a bunch of Shellbo Baggins crickets and no action was necessary!

Even something that intrigued me from theblast episode with the intorduction of apparent unhinged, feral, dark/undead/zombie whatever troopers... we see them in action aaannnnnnndd they're same ole derpy stromtrooper cannon fodder who can't shoot anything at all.

Lazy, stupid, pointless writing.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
The best think about this show is Anakin…
I can’t lie. People forget he was a promising actor…it was just George’s writing and direction was hot garbage…

Definitely the highlight for me
The movie Jumper would disagree with you on Hayden's (lack of) acting ability at the time, so its not just George's writing/directing..... And I say that as someone who actually liked Jumper.

He has improved since his early acting days.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The movie Jumper would disagree with you on Hayden's (lack of) acting ability at the time, so its not just George's writing/directing..... And I say that as someone who actually liked Jumper.

He has improved since his early acting days.
But was jumper supposed to be good? Or gen Y crap?

Cause things have sucked since every got fast and furious

Tha Realest

A few thoughts, which may or may not be contradictory:

1) Really like the actor and portrayal of Ezra. I like him a lot. Ton of fun. Seems very evocative of the Rebels character we’ve come to know

2) How is Ezra so cheery and happy given all that’s happened over the last decade? He’s seemingly had no human contact all that time. Yet he’s constantly quipping. He should’ve gone insane like Ben Gunn.

erasure fan1

This episode landed about where I thought it would. This whole thing looks to be a set up for another season just as I thought. It wasn't a bad episode, it was just an episode. Unless the end is a complete train wreck though, I'll end up liking the show as a whole. I too think the Anakin scenes are fantastic, the best part of the series for me. They still have a long way to go with figuring out how to produce a streaming series.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
But was jumper supposed to be good? Or gen Y crap?

Cause things have sucked since every got fast and furious
Is any movie other than parody suppose to be bad?

Labeling something "Gen Y" doesn't automatically make it crap. Its the individual piece of content that is crap, not a whole genre of film. Also this is about his acting performance not the individual film. Another example is Takers, a bank heist movie from around the same time, his performance in that is pretty bad too.

Its ok to say his early career was plagued by his bad acting performances, he's not going to take away your Star Wars fan card.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom