Ahsoka D+ Show (Spoiler Thread)

Phroobar

…thanks, Nerd 🤓
iu

Jedijax719

I hope there's a connection between this show and the next SW movie (the "Rey" movie). Going into the lore of the Witches of Dathomir would be cool.

erasure fan1

You DO know they're making one right?
Personally I'm not convinced. Like I've pointed out, they've cancelled way more than they've released. Rey seems like a big stretch to move star wars forward. At least not in the next 10yrs or so. When it's actually begun filming, I'll believe it. The origin of he jedi probably makes the most sense of any of the "announced" films.

Jedijax719

You do know they’ve “Made” about 20 movies at this point, right?

Those movies have been everything short of disowned.

…but on the bright side: she’ll work cheap
Come on, keep up. This ( as well as the Filoni movie and the Jedi origin movie) has been common knowledge for the past several months. If not for the strike, this movie will have begun filming sometime next year.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Personally I'm not convinced. Like I've pointed out, they've cancelled way more than they've released. Rey seems like a big stretch to move star wars forward. At least not in the next 10yrs or so. When it's actually begun filming, I'll believe it. The origin of he jedi probably makes the most sense of any of the "announced" films.

I’ll go you one better:
They will not risk a flop and tangible proof the entire goal of “diversifying the fanbase” didn’t catch hold.

Tell me there are more “Rey” fans out there than there were Princess Leia fans 40 years ago?

And good luck 👍🏻

Jedijax719

I’ll go you one better:
They will not risk a flop and tangible proof the entire goal of “diversifying the fanbase” didn’t catch hold.

Tell me there are more “Rey” fans out there than there were Princess Leia fans 40 years ago?

And good luck 👍🏻
Well Leia is gone unfortunately.

But it depends on the direction they take (or decided to take). I admit that, despite my liking Rey as a character, calling it a "Rey movie" won't go over well. It's not because of Rey or Daisy, but because of what happened and the direction they took with the ST.

Now, if they can somehow tie it all together with the different stories, then there's a good chance they can create something fresh and well received. I never thought that this was a good idea to begin the new movies. The "Dawn of the Jedi" and/or the Filoniverse movie(s) needed to be the focal point and priority. The former because a lot of people have been wanting it and they made reference to the beginning of the Jedi order in the last movies. The latter because it's the "thing" with SW right now (Mando, Grogu, Ahsoka, Sabine, Ezra, Thrawn, etc.). Then, if they wanted to keep some loose threads and have those threads tied up with an extension of Rey/Finn/Poe's story, go at it.

erasure fan1

despite my liking Rey as a character, calling it a "Rey movie" won't go over well. It's not because of Rey or Daisy, but because of what happened and the direction they took with the ST.
That's why I think it's unlikely to happen anytime soon. Maybe in 15yrs or so when all the kids who were 8 and up are in their mid 20s. Even then I would say it would need to be Rey at the age of Obi-wan in episode 4.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
That's why I think it's unlikely to happen anytime soon. Maybe in 15yrs or so when all the kids who were 8 and up are in their mid 20s. Even then I would say it would need to be Rey at the age of Obi-wan in episode 4.
There is maybe a case for this…Hayden Christensen has been risen like the Phoenix.

So MAYBE then.

Now? After “hot, steaming failure”? So soon?
You mean the “Untitled Rey Movie (TBD)” production they’ve already scrapped once (after a script was submitted) and the new director’s principal experience is as a documentarian with a focus on gender studies?

This film ain’t happening.
Of course it isn’t.

erasure fan1

There is maybe a case for this…Hayden Christensen has been risen like the Phoenix.

So MAYBE then.

Now? After “hot, steaming failure”? So soon?
Exactly. You would think Hayden was the most popular part of the prequels with the reaction he gets now. People generally liked Ridley as Rey in force awakens. So given time, and the right creatives, you could bring her back. It's just a matter of distance.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Exactly. You would think Hayden was the most popular part of the prequels with the reaction he gets now. People generally liked Ridley as Rey in force awakens. So given time, and the right creatives, you could bring her back. It's just a matter of distance.
It’s just that there were no stories…it was a cynical crap on the originals…and ended up be overall a train wrecking into a dumpster on fire on a sinking ship…

But other than that…how was the play, Mrs. Lincoln?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom