Ahsoka D+ Show (Spoiler Thread)

JAB

I keep watching each week because its "free" on D+. I am not a hard core star wars fan, so this is fine, its something to watch. I found it strange, when Sabine Wren finally finds Ezra Bridger it was less than two casual work associates coming to the office on Monday morning, they eventually hug but in every episode it was, Ezra, Ezra, Ezra and when she finally found him; risking her life, disobeying orders in the process its not even like, "so how was your weekend?"

I expected much more of a reaction from Sabine Wren when she found him! No one knew he was even alive, most thought not, so I expected her to be super happy and run to him, hug him etc.

I have seen more joyous celebrations in MLB after a base hit RBI.
Have you never been so overloaded with emotion that you just freeze up?

For 10 years she's believed that there was no way to find / get to Ezra, and even when Ahsoka found a potential lead to his location, it was still a long shot, so I think she's stunned / in shock that she actually succeeded in finding him. On top of that, she has some clear trepidation and guilt about the fact that the reason she found him was that she hitched a ride with people who want to bring Thrawn back when she could have chosen to stop them.

Jedijax719

I keep watching each week because its "free" on D+. I am not a hard core star wars fan, so this is fine, its something to watch. I found it strange, when Sabine Wren finally finds Ezra Bridger it was less than two casual work associates coming to the office on Monday morning, they eventually hug but in every episode it was, Ezra, Ezra, Ezra and when she finally found him; risking her life, disobeying orders in the process its not even like, "so how was your weekend?"

I expected much more of a reaction from Sabine Wren when she found him! No one knew he was even alive, most thought not, so I expected her to be super happy and run to him, hug him etc.

I have to agree with this one. Instead of finding someone she feared was lost or killed, it was like finding someone who didn't return a phone call for a day or not having seen a friend for a few months because they got a new job.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

I totally get you…

I think Dave was trying to intentionally “underwhelm” that moment because they didn’t want to overtly make is so they were gonna make Jedi babies in the future…

…but they are…so…there’s that

Disstevefan1

Have you never been so overloaded with emotion that you just freeze up?

For 10 years she's believed that there was no way to find / get to Ezra, and even when Ahsoka found a potential lead to his location, it was still a long shot, so I think she's stunned / in shock that she actually succeeded in finding him. On top of that, she has some clear trepidation and guilt about the fact that the reason she found him was that she hitched a ride with people who want to bring Thrawn back when she could have chosen to stop them.
No. I don't buy it. But that's just me. Related to this, there have been several slow emotional-less scenes that would make (the original Mr Spock) seem emotional.

I will still watch, but, to me, there should have been more excitement and happiness.

Disstevefan1

I have to agree with this one. Instead of finding someone she feared was lost or killed, it was like finding someone who didn't return a phone call for a day or not having seen a friend for a few months because they got a new job.
THIS.gif

JAB

On a side note, when they finally did hug, did anyone else think of the crab nomads cheering in the background as all the Ezrabine 'shippers clinging on to hope (despite Filoni clearly shutting it down with the "You're like a sister to me." line early on)? 😏

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
On a side note, when they finally did hug, did anyone else think of the crab nomads cheering in the background as all the Ezrabine 'shippers clinging on to hope (despite Filoni clearly shutting it down with the "You're like a sister to me." line early on)? 😏
This is Star Wars. We're going to find out that they are actually brother and sister!!

Tha Realest

If only he had as much dialogue as the turtle Ewoks

Phroobar

This is Star Wars. We're going to find out that they are actually brother and sister!!
Well in Rebels they always had a kind of brother/sister relationship with Hera being the mom. Since it was a kids show, there wasn't much romance. It still should have been a better meeting but then again everyone is so stiff compared the the cartoon. I blame bad direction.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Well in Rebels they always had a kind of brother/sister relationship with Hera being the mom. Since it was a kids show, there wasn't much romance. It still should have been a better meeting but then again everyone is so stiff compared the the cartoon. I blame bad direction.
I'd still want to know where Obi-Wan was nine months before their births.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom