Ahsoka D+ Show (Spoiler Thread)

Phroobar

Yeah; Filoni's an encyclopedic Star Wars nerd who loves the lore.

Unlike Rian Johnson who seemed to be proud of his disdain for the existing mythology.
I have a lot of disdain for Glass Onion. This sums up the movie and the Last Jedi.
iu

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Unlike Rian Johnson who seemed to be proud of his disdain for the existing mythology.

…and all those responsible have been unceremoniously fired…pulled the parachute and escaped elsewhere…or are persona non grata…

Almost all…there’s still the dark lord of the sith and his not so young apprentice

JAB

I'm not talking about nitpicking whether or not the things he included are "accurate" from a lore standpoint. What I meant was that the whole point of TLJ was to dismantle the foundation of the existing mythology, to say that family lineage doesn't matter, there is no "chosen one," and that anybody can be a hero. That would be a perfectly valid theme if it was a standalone movie, but when it's the 8th movie in a series spanning 40 years where the previous 7 movies revolved around the galactic importance of a single family line, it shows either a lack of understanding or a deliberate disregard for what came before.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm not talking about nitpicking whether or not the things he included are "accurate" from a lore standpoint. What I meant was that the whole point of TLJ was to dismantle the foundation of the existing mythology, to say that family lineage doesn't matter, there is no "chosen one," and that anybody can be a hero. That would be a perfectly valid theme if it was a standalone movie, but when it's the 8th movie in a series spanning 40 years where the previous 7 movies revolved around the galactic importance of a single family line, it shows either a lack of understanding or a deliberate disregard for what came before.

…oh thems fighting words 🥊😂

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
His hatred of Star Wars is RIGHT THERE:

"Let the past die. Kill it, if you must."

When someone tells you their intention, sometimes you should believe them.

MagicHappens1971

Original Poster
What I can understand is why they don’t fire Kennedy & promote Filoni.

Also curious if anyone in the “know” knows why Filoni is considered an “executive creative director” instead of a chief creative officer like his counterparts at WDAS, Pixar & Marvel? Is it not the same role? Sure it’s just semantics but curious all the same

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
What I can understand is why they don’t fire Kennedy & promote Filoni.

Also curious if anyone in the “know” knows why Filoni is considered an “executive creative director” instead of a chief creative officer like his counterparts at WDAS, Pixar & Marvel? Is it not the same role? Sure it’s just semantics but curious all the same
Well if I had to guess (someone get Pengs and Irish their BP meds…I’m about to make sense…):

1. Filoni is a Lucas guy. Iger “bought” Lucas…therefore he devoured all his accomplishments and made them his own…like dementors…
So I don’t know if that works? Yet
2. I’ve softened on my KK stance. Her directives appear to be from the cardigan above…
And she serves with more Hollywood producing/talent/agent/legal wrangling after her years with Stevie Wonder…so that is something favreau and filoni can’t provide.
3. Kennedy is a lightning rod for Star Wars fan rage…and big shot Bobby likes that. They screwed up…everyone knows they bedded the dog…but as long as she’s there she’s a “buffer” between the mouse king and all the gen X rage…which is of course where damn near all the money comes from.
4. I don’t think favreau wants to be “tied down” to LFL. Even though he spends most of his time there now. It was the same apparently with abrams about 5 Years ago if rumored to be true? Well at least that worked out well for us…
And filoni is probably not a “studio head” kinda guy…
Just like lasseter was never gonna run TWDC. Glass ceiling.

Last edited:

MagicHappens1971

Original Poster
3. Kennedy is a lightning rod for Star Wars fan rage…and big shot Bobby likes that. They screwed up…everyone knows they bedded the dog…but as long as she’s there she’s a “buffer” between the mouse king and all the gen X rage…which is of course where damn near all the money comes from.
This is something I didn’t really think about….KK is getting the blame for everything that’s “wrong” with Star Wars, even if it’s not her fault. I never blamed her or used her as a “lighting rod” as you described, however I’m also a “new wave, Star Wars fan” (I just made up this phrase).

I consider myself a big fan but wasn’t a fan up until the past few years, so I don’t have the like pre-built up hatred that people who grew up on the movies do

MagicHappens1971

Original Poster
I have a lot of disdain for Glass Onion. This sums up the movie and the Last Jedi.
iu
I really liked Glass Onion, Knives Out was definetly better but that could be said for every sequel.

I think the film was so ridiculous that I just loved it for how nonsensical it was, and all the actors did deliver a great performance.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This is something I didn’t really think about….KK is getting the blame for everything that’s “wrong” with Star Wars, even if it’s not her fault. I never blamed her or used her as a “lighting rod” as you described, however I’m also a “new wave, Star Wars fan” (I just made up this phrase).

I consider myself a big fan but wasn’t a fan up until the past few years, so I don’t have the like pre-built up hatred that people who grew up on the movies do
Well there’s zero doubt that it’s been run with an “agenda” in mind…

But I stopped believing she really has anything to do with it…the more bones fall out of bobs closet.

He’s even more of a manipulative puppeteer b@st@rd than even I have been warning of for 15 years on these types of sites.

But KK is a major studio head…who has run production for two of the three biggest names in Hollywood (arguably) in the last 50 years…and is 70 years old. She’s not an idiot.
She won’t be fired. Her contract will be allowed to end and she will retire. I’m sure there are assurances. From Bobby and whoever will - mercifully - replace him. Hopefully that is tomorrow (I say that every night)

MagicHappens1971

Original Poster
But KK is a major studio head…who has run production for two of the three biggest names in Hollywood (arguably) in the last 50 years…and is 70 years old. She’s not an idiot.
She won’t be fired. Her contract will be allowed to end and she will retire. I’m sure there are assurances. From Bobby and whoever will - mercifully - replace him. Hopefully that tomorrow (I say that every night)
I don’t think she’s an idiot either, which is why it’s lead me to believe that 85% of the issues with the sequel trilogy came from Iger. She literally worked for George Lucas for the majority of her career, she would know what the “fans want”. This conversation could go on forever though. I think she’ll “retire” in the next 1-3 years….

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don’t think she’s an idiot either, which is why it’s lead me to believe that 85% of the issues with the sequel trilogy came from Iger. She literally worked for George Lucas for the majority of her career, she would know what the “fans want”. This conversation could go on forever though. I think she’ll “retire” in the next 1-3 years….
No she worked for Spielberg…who put her incharge of a lot in his companies and set her and her husband up as their own production company…

So she didn’t work for George much…
…but oh…it just so happened that George and Steve are inseparable best friends that would take a bullet for each other.

It’s in iger’s book and as quoted from disneys lead council: George picked kennedy as a precursor of the sale to maintain creative control…

…and they done double crossed him before the ink was dry.

Not that he wasn’t being manipulative…but it makes his famous “white slavers” comment make complete sense.

Ok…back to Ahsoka…

For another time

Phroobar

They sure took their time getting to Thrawn. The problem with most tv shows is they are too drawn out. A movie length could have accomplished the same thing.

Disstevefan1

I keep watching each week because its "free" on D+. I am not a hard core star wars fan, so this is fine, its something to watch. I found it strange, when Sabine Wren finally finds Ezra Bridger it was less than two casual work associates coming to the office on Monday morning, they eventually hug but in every episode it was, Ezra, Ezra, Ezra and when she finally found him; risking her life, disobeying orders in the process its not even like, "so how was your weekend?"

I expected much more of a reaction from Sabine Wren when she found him! No one knew he was even alive, most thought not, so I expected her to be super happy and run to him, hug him etc.

I have seen more joyous celebrations in MLB after a base hit RBI.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom