Ahsoka D+ Show (Spoiler Thread)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I was worried about the de-aging at the end of episode 4 but it was really well done here.

I guess they couldn't afford to also de-age Temuera Morrison so we got the dead clone trooper wrapped in bandages.

Ooh, let's re-open the debate about Star Wars ships not using fuel. That was a fun one.

Solid episode that overstayed its' welcome a bit. The last 10 minutes could have been tightened up.
I thought I was a tough critic?

Last 10 minutes where a bit fluffy…but at least they dressed it up a little? I’ll take it…

None of the other established franchises have wasted a lot of time on “fuel”…they got it right…more references to it are wrong.

But we all know that. They just wrote an absolutely sh?!$tty movie when they couldn’t afford it and all but sunk their studio. KK and her misguided man boy. Let’s just accept it and move on. They failed…let’s not try to revisit it like it’s not garbage, please?
I am Ahsoka the White, and I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.

View attachment 742685
I noticed that right away 😂

And least they didn’t have any sucked out of a window or teleporting holograms 🙄

erasure fan1

The clone wars scenes were fantastic. The visuals were great, the dialogue was good and it had a lot of emotion. I'd say overall this was my favorite episode so far. I'll agree that the last 10ish minutes dragged a bit but overall it was solid.
Where the freak is Thrawn? Time is running out!
This is my only head scratcher of the series so far. It's definitely a problem for a lot of D+ shows. I'm guessing by the way this episode ended, if we see Thrawn next episode, it will be limited. And that gives us only two episodes to really dig into the character. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if Thrawn ends up being more of a season 2 storyline and the main confrontation is with Baylon. And as of now, I wouldn't mind that as Thrawn deserves a much larger focus than what they'll be able to give him with the time remaining.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I think filoni is doing a really good job of fleshing out some of things they couldn’t do in the prequels

…doesn’t feel rushed…which is important

One exchange in this episode I thought was really well done. But overall I think filoni is doing a good retcon of the abuse of the force that was allowed prior

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
Absolutely stunning visually. I wish it was on a theater in Houston, because I bet it looked amazing.

Also, I think this is the first time they showed Ahsoka's face where it meets her tendrils without the leather strip, and I thought it looked very well done. She and Hera both always have some type of barrier, which has always made it look more costumey than natural. This looked great.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
At this point I wouldn't be surprised if Thrawn ends up being more of a season 2 storyline and the main confrontation is with Baylon. And as of now, I wouldn't mind that as Thrawn deserves a much larger focus than what they'll be able to give him with the time remaining.
I’m worried about this…there’s a decent chance they cancel it. They can’t make it cost effectively and the strike goes on…

The real problem is Baylon died…so that could be a plot landmine/disaster

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The clone wars scenes were fantastic. The visuals were great, the dialogue was good and it had a lot of emotion. I'd say overall this was my favorite episode so far. I'll agree that the last 10ish minutes dragged a bit but overall it was solid.

This is my only head scratcher of the series so far. It's definitely a problem for a lot of D+ shows. I'm guessing by the way this episode ended, if we see Thrawn next episode, it will be limited. And that gives us only two episodes to really dig into the character. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if Thrawn ends up being more of a season 2 storyline and the main confrontation is with Baylon. And as of now, I wouldn't mind that as Thrawn deserves a much larger focus than what they'll be able to give him with the time remaining.
Imagine the next series entitled: Thrawn

!!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth day, at dawn look to the east.
That is one of the best “charges” in recent movie history.

Star Wars would benefit from a good charge or two. Charges stick with you…they’re iconic. LOTR had two fantastic ones…

1694610486425.gif

Or this…which was thought to be a direct ripoff of ANH at the time:

That being said…the purgills have been pretty freaking cool

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom