Agent Training (AEP) trip report Kingdom Konsultant Travel

This coming week I will be taking most of my agents for an in-depth, customized training session at Walt Disney World. We will be touring hotels, dining facilities and I have a lot of SURPRISES set up along the way that they don't know about!!!

They will be posting in this thread and adding pictures daily.
Those that will be attending from WDWMagic are as follows:
Kingdom Konsultant - Pam
Master Yoda - Richard
DisneyFalcon - Tammy
Xodisneybelleox - Jess
Shoppingnut - Gloria
Polymissy - Missy
GrumpysWife - Jenell
DisneyHeather - Heather k
Wannabebelle - Marie

We may be at a hotel or restaurant that you have always been interested in but still have not tried or perhaps we will be doing some of the many extras that can be booked for our clients that peak your interest.

We start arriving midweek to start our training!!

Pam

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Original Poster
Ok I have never written a trip report before so here goes...

Wed. Jan 18th- Jessica arrives early in the day followed by Pam and Heather K.
Thurs. Jan 19th we waited around the hotel for the next group to arrive- Missy, Danielle, Marie and Gloria, followed by Jenell and Tammy.

Once we had our group together and checked in on the concierge level at the Beach Club we decided to head off into Epcot. Marie and Gloria went to watch Off Kilter and the UK Invasion to the left through the international gateway while the rest of us went to thr right. Missy stopped in France for a Grand Mariner and Grey Goose Orange Slushy. Next was a stop to get our picture taken with Belle and the Beast. While waiting in line Heather decided to run back to France for a Kir Royale I do believe. Correct me if I am wrong.

From there we stopped in Germany to get a pretzel and a drink for Danielle then we continued around World Showcase arriving in Norway to ride Maelstrom. Next was the Grand Fiesta tour in Mexico with Heather deciding that saturday night we would all stop in at La Cava for drinks to celebrate her birthday!!

When we left Mexico we headed back towards the hotel with a drink stop for Jess for a frozen strawberry lemonade. We freshened up at the hotel and headed to the bus stop to catch the bus to the Magic Kingdom while Marie and Gloria drove over to the Contemporary for dinner at Chef Mickey's!! It was great having everyone together getting their pictures taken with the characters!!
The Chef even came out to speak to Heather about her food allergy. Heather has celiac disease so she must have a gluten free diet. She did get a special gluten free birthday cupcake at the end. After dinner we hit the Magic Kingdom for a while. I didn't stay too long but did ride Pirates and the Haunted Mansion with the girls.

Richard arrived late and headed into Epcot for a while. Up early the next morning to start our training. On the motorcoach by 9:15am to start our day at the Richard Petty driving school!!! This was surprise #1 for the agents.

Pam

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Original Poster
Room at the Beach Club concierge level

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 53

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Day one started rater late for me. I left work just before 4:00 PM on Thursday and began the drive from Jacksonville to WDW. I was on pace to make it to Beach Club right at 6:00 PM which would have given me enough time to throw my bags in my room and make it to DHS for the fireworks. Orlando traffic had other plans for me. Traffic came to a dead stop at the rest area just east of downtown Orlando and remained stop and go until the Harley dealership just west of Orlando. I checked into Beach Club and walked out back just in time to see the last of the fireworks over the horizon.

I checked in with the boss (Pam) and my “Disney Wife” (Marie) and decided to finish up the evening solo. I went to the concierge lounge just in time to catch the tail end of dinner. I had no idea what was in the flaky little appetizers I dined on, but what ever they were they were quite good. I then retired to my room to watch Big Bang Theory (Don’t Judge! Leonard asked Penny out on a real date and I needed to know how that turned out!). After that I decided to get some fish and chips in the UK at Epcot and see if I could score a fair seat for Illuminations.

Much to my delight, I found Epcot to be a ghost town. I was able to get a spot at the rail on lower landing on the France side of the bridge at 8:45.

I must say, while Yacht and Beach club are not my cup of tea from a decor standpoint (I am more of a BLT/Contemporary fan), being an 6 minute walk form World Showcase was pretty freaking great.

I debated going to Jellyrolls for a little while but decided to be a good boy and head to bed.

Friday was the first day of training. The objective was for us to see and experience some of the higher end activities, dining, and rooms WDW has to offer. While all of us have read descriptions and seen pictures, nothing beats being there and experiencing these things first hand.

All of the agents met in the lobby at 9:00 for a 9:15 pick up. After a few minutes of “How are you doing?” with the familiar faces and introductions to the new ones we were off to our first stop. The Richard Petty Driving Experience.

We were not quite sure what we would be doing there, but to our surprise we were soon donning helmets and being driven around the track at insane speeds in exotic sports cars that cost more than most homes. I got to take my two laps in a Porsche 997 S. Even though this $100,000 car was considered the low end of the Exotic Driving Experience, the ride was anything but low end. This thing took of like a rocket, stopped on a dime and handled the slalom coarse like it was on rails. Our morning finished up with a trip through the shops where there were 2 of the stock cars in various states of repair.

More to come!

Disney_Belle

Hey all! Jess here! I figured I'd add in a bit of my first day. I arrived the earliest of the agents. I had a 6:50am flight departing out of Providence and scheduled to land at MCO at 10:10 in the morning. My husband was a dear and took the day off so he could drop me off at the airport that morning. Upon leaving the house he said "So you have 2 suitcases right?". Yes. Two suitcases. As he dropped me off at TF Green, I discovered he counted my carryon as a suitcase. Must be a man thing. A small carryon bag does not qualify as a suitcase. There was no way he'd be back in time with my bag (containing toiletries, chargers, makeup and such). Thankfully he works for FedEx and was able to ship it overnight for a reasonable fee. I stocked up on the necessary stuff for one night at the airport (deodorant, toothbrush, toothpaste - the fun stuff).

Weather was good, had a nice tail wind and wi-fi to pass the time and landed at 9:43 am to a sunny, palm tree filled horizon. The weather was perfect. High 60's when I landed, and temps got up to the mid 70's in the afternoon. Unfortunately, the sun didn't hang out for the day. Showers moved in throughout the afternoon, but it was okay. I still made the best of it!

I made my way from the plane to DME and the bus pulled out at about 10:10. First stop Port Orleans Riverside, followed by Boardwalk, Beach Club (that's me!) and then Yacht Club. I was dropped off at Beach Club at about 10:55. I approached the lobby and the doors opened - Oh! What a lovely smell the Beach Club lobby has. Just wonderful. I'm now in search of a candle that smells similar. Check-in was a breeze. I got my room key and headed up to the 5th floor (Yay for Club Level!). I was so excited to see our room! Agent Heather (disneyheather) and myself were going to be roommates for the few days we were there. Heather was flying in later in the evening with Pam. We were put in room #5636. Our room was bigger - it had 2 queens and a sleeper sofa. It was gorgeous. Just gorgeous. Oh, and it was a Garden View. If you looked to the left, you could see the top of SSE peeking over the building, and straight ahead, you could see the top of the Eiffel Tower. And to the right was a wonderful view of the Boardwalk. It was just great.

DSCN6560.jpg

DSCN6563.jpg

I dropped my carryon bag in the room and headed to the concierge lounge for a snack - some kettle chips and red pepper dip, with a side of a chocolate chip cookie. So nutritious right? I grabbed a drink and headed back to the room while I waited for my AEP training packet to arrive. The packet included the itinerary (which revealed one surprise Pam had kept from us, but left a couple others a mystery still!), a 5 day ticket w/ Park Hopper and Water Park Fun & More options, as well as some FastPasses (2 per park). I sat on the balcony, played with my iPad taking full advantage of the free wi-fi. Shortly after, my packet arrived and it was time to head to MK to meet up with my good friend Shalon (wvugeoggrad).

This was the first time I had been to MK by myself in a very long time. At least 6 years. Normally I have my husband with me, but this was an agents only training so he stayed behind. As much as I missed him, I must admit - it was so nice to be able to be at MK and do what I want at my pace. I think I walked the park 3 times. At least. Just to take in the atmosphere and look at the details. I didn't feel rushed to do certain attractions or be in a certain spot at a certain time. The feeling brought me back to my solo trip in 2005 and what an amazing trip it was. The first thing I did upon walking into the park (after taking photos for a few couples who needed a photographer) was walk to the top of the train station and just stare out. I hadn't done this in some time. It was such a wonderful feeling. So peaceful. Even with all of the people around me, I felt like it was my "me" time. I didn't realize how much I loved that feeling until that very second. My husband and I have so many wonderful memories at WDW, and even though I feel slightly guilty for thinking it - having that time for myself was much needed.

I just love it...
DSCN6591.jpg

I walked down Main Street and through the shops. The crowds were low. It was refreshing after the unexpectedly high crowds we encountered on our trip this past October. I always walk to the Partners Statue. Always. And there was no one around. I took the time to snap some shots of the statue while I could without anyone getting in my way, or myself getting in the way of others.

DSCN6618.jpg

I took a left into Liberty Square. I met a wonderful Cast Member (and totally forgot to look at his name tag) who worked at Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe. He gave me a personal tour of Liberty Square and pointed out the details of the store and Liberty Square telling me stories of the details and such. It was sweet. Next up I headed toward Adventureland. I checked the wait time for the Jungle Cruise. 10 minutes. I had missed this on our trip in October. I was sitting with our friends' sleeping toddler so they could enjoy the ride. The wait wasn't even 10 minutes. Maybe 5. If that. Our Skipper was good. I think the group we had just didn't "get" some of the humor. After JC I headed to PotC. That was also a walk on. There was myself, and maybe 5 other people on the boat. The boats in front of us were empty. And so were the 3 behind us. Blackbeard was missing in the beginning of the ride. His voice lingered around, but no visuals. This was that way for the 4 days I was there. I came out of PotC and the rain was starting. Just a light drizzle, no big deal. I headed for the Enchanted Tiki Room. The doors were opening when I walked in line so I got right in. I love it. And I sure don't miss the new management. By the time the show was over the skies had opened up. The crowds of people were making their way toward Main Street to leave. Me? I went and got myself a Dole Whip. Another thing I missed on our last trip. Any bit of covered space was taken by those who didn't feel like braving the rain. I scoped out a pretty dry spot under a tree branch by the smoking section next to Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse. There were no smokers, so I was good to go. I had my Dole Whip and realized that my hair would soon be a mess. My brushes were still in transit in my suitcase being shipped, so I bought a baseball cap at Bwana Bobs. After that, I made my way down Main Street in search of a sweatshirt. The temps were dropping and I knew I'd be cold in no time. Before I knew it, I was exiting the Emporium, no sweatshirt in hand. Nothing I really, really liked. I walked back up Main Street toward Tomorrowland. Crowds werereally thinning out. Most people on Main Street were making their way toward the exit.

DSCN6668.jpg

As I approached the Partners Statue, I noticed a little addition since I had stopped to take pictures earlier in the afternoon. He seemed to be content where he was. (I love the guy I captured in the back staring at the castle with his ears on.)

DSCN6674.jpg

I also snapped this one...

DSCN6680.jpg

I headed over to Tomorrowland. Took a ride on TTA. This confirmed that I needed a sweatshirt. WAY cold. But, before I continued my sweatshirt search, I walked on to Buzz for a Space Ranger Spin. I got my highest score to date - 946,600. Of course, there was no one to battle with. I took a picture to send to my husband for proof that I did that well.

I made my way up through Fantasyland to head to Sir Mickey's. I always find something there. Nope. Not this time lol. The rain was not letting up and I had to get dry fast. My dinner time was fast approaching. I went back to the Emporium and found something I liked. Finally. Dry and warm! Shalon texted me to let me know she was on her way. I sat on a bench in front of Town Square Theater while I waited for her. She made her way in about 10 minutes later and we headed toward LTT, while doing some shopping along the way. We were seated immediately for our 6:30pm reservation. It was so empty!

DSCN6708.jpg

We had a delicious dinner and headed out behind LTT to see if Tiana and Prince Naveen were out. I'm character crazy and hadn't met them yet. There was 1 person in front of us. We walked up, got our pictures taken and were on our way. I adore Tiana's dress. So, so beautiful!

Stopped for a few photos of Cinderella Castle looking so gorgeous at night.

DSCN6714.jpg

We walked out on the Main Street and the Magic, the Memories and You was beginning. We watched the show and planned to exit before Wishes started so we could beat the crowds. I really could watch MM&Y over and over and still get goosebumps every time. There wasn't much of a crowd on Main Street, so we were able to get a clear view.

DSCN6723.jpg

I didn't want to watch Wishes (even though it's my favorite) because I knew it would make me miss DH. We were engaged during Wishes, so every time we see it, I choke up. And I didn't want to be sappy without him lol! So on our way out of MK we stopped to see Mickey. We were the very last ones to see Mickey for the night so we got a little extra time with him and Minnie. Love them!

We hopped the monorail to the parking lot. Wishes was playing and our monorail driver slowed down the speed so we could watch while we were on the monorail. It was sweet. I couldn't hear the music which helped me from missing my husband lol. After we got to her car, Shalon was so super sweet and drove me back to the Beach Club. Thanks Shalon!

I went back up to the room to get changed in to some dryer clothes and get myself together. I grabbed the ipad and headed to the lobby. I waited for about 45 minutes and finally Pam and Heather arrived. I was so happy to see them! I hadn't seen Pam since Earmarked Conference in 2009 and Heather I got to see briefly in October. It was so nice to see them and the excitement level was super high at this point!

So that's my first day! I'll update more soon! Stay tuned!

Pooh'sBuddy

Must be a man thing.

Thankfully he works for FedEx and was able to ship it overnight for a reasonable fee. I stocked up on the necessary stuff for one night at the airport (deodorant, toothbrush, toothpaste - the fun stuff).

I also snapped this one...

DSCN6680.jpg

^^^^^ Love this picture.^^^^^^

Yes, yes it must be. Glad y'all resolved it.

erstwo

I am loving this TR! All the different perspectives all in one place. :sohappy:

Pam - That is awesome for your first TR!

Master Yoda - The fact that you left home and arrived to both a "boss" and a "Disney wife" after facing traffic is hilarious! :lol: (But that traffic probably wasn't funny when you were sitting in it :lookaroun)

Jess - Liberty Tree Tavern :eek: I know it's a slow time of year, but MAN! That is EMPTY! Do you think they will consider bringing back the characters?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Next stop on day one was the Contemporary.

We started out with a brief tour of the Wave. The Wave is quickly becoming a nice little hidden gem. They have been moving to becoming all organic, hormone free, free range, etc and they have a very nice selection of South African wines that are very hard to find anywhere else. Not to mention the place simply looks cool.

From there we were off to check out some of the suites in the garden wing and break and elevator. First stop was a simply incredible suite on the ground level. The color pallet is a little dark and a little too brown for my taste but the clean lines and the less is more concept was right up my alley.

The next mission was to break an elevator. If anyone has been in the elevators in the garden wing you know that they are not very big. Well.....we managed to cram all 11 of us in a single elevator. This displeased the tiny elevator and not only did it not move, but it refused to open the door. Thankfully after a few button pushes, some creaks, a few groans the elevator released its unsuspecting prey. We elected to take the stars up the three flights after that.

The visit to the Contemporary finished off with another suite in the garden wing and a visit to the concierge lounge and suite in the tower.

Next stop was one of my favorite resorts, Port Orleans Riverside. While there, we were shown the newly renovated rooms in Alligator Bayou. I must say I really like what they have done with the place. The Princess and the Frog elements are sutle and not over the top. I also really like the new Murphy style (there is a proper name that is escaping me at the moment) beds that have replaced the trundles.

Next stop was a partially cleared out room for a presentation about the Art of Animation resort. Much of the information we were given was already know by most of us that frequent the forums but I was able to get one nice tidbit of elusive info confirmed. We could tell that the new suite buildings were going to have an interior corridor but I was able to confirm that the interior hall would be closed of and air conditioned just like a deluxe resort.

I am not sure if I am allowed to discuss the next thing we saw so I will leave you hanging in suspense until I confirm it with the boss lady.:drevil:

After a quick lunch at the food court we headed to the treehouse villas. As luck would have it, one was unoccupied and we would be able to take a tour. I have yet to go into a treehouse since they were rebuilt and let me tell you, these thing are all types of cool. They have tons of room, vaulted ceilings, gigantic baths and showers and a rustic, yet somehow modern look to them. It is easy to see why they are so popular.

sweetpee_1993

Richard! The new Murphy beds in the refurb'd Alligator Bayou rooms! Are they like a regular length bed? Looking at pics I just can't tell. I'm curious if my youngest would fit and for how long. My oldest probably not because he's as big if not bigger than me now. My youngest is still thin as a rail but he's sprouting up taller by the day.

Totally loving the report(s)! Keep em coming. Pics, too!

:wave:

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Original Poster
After ending Thursday night watching the fireworks with the agents I went back to the hotel to get some sleep. The next morning we were all up early and ready to go. We headed to the lobby to meet Tommy at 9:15am to head off to their first surprise which was the Richard Petty driving school that I had set up for them to experience. I have been dying to do this and figured...why not!! When we arrived we found out that we would not be in the stock cars but in the new Exotic cars!! I was sooooo excited!!
I volenteered to go first but my yellow Lamborghini was having an issue so I was placed in the Audi instead. They used 3 of the cars in stock for us. The yellow Lambo, the Audi and the Porsche. It was phenominal going over 125 mph on the road course track!! i didn't want to stop and I wanted to try all of the cars...heck I wanted to drive them all!! We did the drive along to get a sample of this little extra that we can book for our clients.

The next stop was a visit to the Contemporary with a quick walk through the Wave then on to see one of the hospitality suites in the garden wing which resulted in 11 of us in an elevator that refused to co-operate as was posted below. The hospitality suite was VERY spacious, very quiet and an excellent place for a gathering/meeting. After that we headed into the tower to tour a room there and then it was up to the concierge level to check out the lounge and a 1 bedroom suite.

After we finished there we headed off to Port Orleans riverside for a look at the new rooms and a presentation on the Art of Animation which can be found on youtube for any of you that have not seen it. When we finished there we headed to lunch at the food court. The treehouse villas were the next stop for us which I loved to see since this was one property that I have not visited or stayed in before. I love the rustic charm!!

When we left there we went back to our rooms to freshen up for the second part of our day. We then headed off to the Grand Floridian for a tour of their concierge in the main lodge and in sugar loaf with tours of numerous suites along the way. 1 and 2 bedroom suites, each one beautifully appointed. When the touring of the suites was finally finished we were taken on a special tour of Victoria and Alberts. We checked out the dining room and the kitchen with a stop at the Chef's table.

Then it was off to Citricos for a fabulous meal with the agents!! I will post pics for all to see!!

After dinner the agents had another special treat in store for them. A Wishes fireworks cruise with desserts and bubbly to end their night right!!

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Original Poster
My second ride (Audi), the Porche

Attachments

• 196.jpg
    196.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 33
  • 197.jpg
    197.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 41
  • 203.jpg
    203.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 35

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom