After wishes magic goes away fast

WDWLOYAL1971

If we know we want to leave asap after Wishes, then we watch it from Town Square, or at least the front part of Main Street. Problem solved. We beat the herd of people doing it this way every time. Sure, there will still be a bit of a crowd, but it is nowhere near as bad as if you are trying to leave from the castle hub area.

I absolutely agree. We do the same and it makes a huge difference.

ddrongowski

Here is my advice, and many here have already mentioned it. Why rush out of the park after the fireworks? Go get a popcorn and drink, and find a bench and enjoy the sit, or walk around the other areas of the park. Then when it clears up, head on to the front of the park, but not too fast. If you have little ones, either carry them or use that stroller thing. As far as the parking lot goes, I have never ever not had a tram to ride to the car.

Mickey_777

Besides hanging out and checking out a shop or grabbing a coffee or ice cream, there not much you can do about it. It is what it is.

I don't watch the fireworks. I hit the rides and attractions since the lines go down from everybody wanting to catch the fireworks or parades.

BrittanyRose428

I don't get what the big deal is. :shrug: Huge crowds are never fun, but you're going to the world's most popular tourist destination... I wouldn't even have second thoughts about it lol.

Polyman

Best and most stress-free solution is to leave before Wishes begins. It's such a lame show, it's not worth watching anyway. Just my opinion. :snore:

SMZ MD

If they cut the fireworks and effect by 90%, eliminated the narration and music, and skipped Tinkerbell flying from the Castle the crowds wouldn't be as bad. This would make it much easier for you to leave after the show.

In fact, just leave the parks and see the fireworks in the distance as you are driving away. You can't even see the crowds from there.:hammer:

Mr_Incredible

You're not forced to leave the park after Wishes. Stick around awhile. It'll be much more enjoyable.

And out of curiosity, how would you suggest they fix this?

How would you resolve it? Just curious what you would suggest they do differently?

Lots of people and a big event = crowds. I can not think how they could resolve it. Not trying to be difficult but it seems like the nature of the beast to me. I would not blame Disney for something they can not "fix".

What is your suggestion for a better exit situation? I have to say I am not a patient person and I hate waiting but I am not sure there is a feasible way to improve this. Then again....I am not a very creative person. I would love to read/hear your thoughts!

Jet-packs.

Communicore

I would suggest hanging around and waiting for the kiss goodnight as well. I saw it for the first time in march and it is a VERY magical way to end an evening at MK accompanied by a peaceful walk to transportation.

The kiss goodnight while having a Dole Whip and sitting on those benches by Partners is a great way to end the day.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Do any of you have kids. 930 is pushing it, sitting around an hour is not an effective solution.

How would I solve it... The park was not designed for a mass exit. Keep the park open for an hour or so. Then you spred the crowds out. Maybe not blitz you on the way in with all the transportation closure times. It makes people think that if they don't rush they might be stuck. Per the announcment on the tram in the morning we only have 10 more minutes to catch the parking lot tram.... And we are in the middle of the crowd.

So if we waited, we would have kids that passed out and had to walk a long way down the parking lot. It has taken an hour and we are still at least 2 trams away from getting to our car.

Solutions, as mentioned leave some rides open after wishes, more trams (more monorails is not possible or practical). Staying and watching the castle twinkle, while cool, is not an effective solution.

I am still hoping to leave the fam in the resort and hop over to epcot to shoot some pictures, but I might bot get out of here.

On the bright side, until now, it has been a great day.

It seems that you have decided that sticking around for some time to let the crowds clear is not a good idea for you, and the solution you propose is for Disney to make changes (transportation runs later, park stays open longer) so that more of the others in the crowd decide to stick around to accomoddate better your desire to get out quick. Neat.

That being said, I can attest to the fact that even on days when Wishes runs at 9 and the park is open until 11 or 12, there is a large exodus after Wishes. To some extent, fighting down Main Street is harder then, because some people are actually going the other way to it back into the park.

And I'll offer one suggestion, which I have used with my family to get out quickly without being jostled. Watch Wishes from the Adventureland side of the hub, or on the bridge towards Adventureland. When it's over, duck into the row of shops on the west side of Main Street behind Casey's. Continue to Town Square without ever going outside. If you don't dawdle to look at stuff in the shops, you'll get to Town Square pretty quick and without getting elbowed. Once in Town Square, the crowds open up (because TS is so wide compared to Main Street) until you get to the line for the monorail, ferry, or bus.

draybook

In all fairness it all depends on the kids. Our kids are up and ready and when we get back to the resort they go swimming. We stay at the parks from pre-opening to closing. We also take advantage of watching for the Kiss Goodnight. Not only so we don't have to worry about the cattle rush, but because it makes for awesome pictures of the park when it's empty.

CP_alum08

Another option (which I'm surprised no one has mentioned) is leaving MK 30 minutes before the show and heading to the TTC. You can get an awesome view of the fireworks from the ferry dock. While you do miss some of the ambiance of Main St., you get a new appreciation for just how HUGE the show actually is. When the show is over, turn around, walk 100 yards to the tram which should have little to no wait, and you are to your car and out of the parking lot before the first monorail of cattle even gets to the TTC.

njdan

This is a complete Disney failure. After wishes you and your kids get caught in a long, hot, tired, cattle drive. I am being touched in places I don't wsnt to discuss. My kid has been hit in the head with several backpacks, my group has been seperated, and right now I have list all desire to ever come back.

What the heck. You want to sit in the car and say "wow, what a great day!" But instead we are going to be thrilled about surviving.... AND THIS WAS A SLOW DAY!!!

Its not the first time, this is a nightly experience.

How is this magic? How does Disney put themselves into this clearly bad cs scenerio.

Ok my take on this(family of 4 - 2 boys 13 & 11 now, been to DW more times than I can count). We dont like crowds either ( worst is Fantasmic exit) but if you like to see fireworks(Wishes, Illuminatios, Fantasmic) you have to know that there will be a great exit rush. I cant believe about touching on purpose, mistakes stink but on purpose creepy. However you cant blame Disney for the creepy people in the world.

britdaw

I definitely understand your frustration. I get irritated really quickly if I'm in a line somewhere and people are pushing, especially if they're pushing my kids. But at a place like Disney World, you kind of have to go in expecting that, don't you? I mean there are thousands of people all trying to leave to get to their hotel rooms/cars/whatever. You kinda have to just grin and bare it, because there's not a whole lot you can do.
However, I do think that hanging back to let the crowds calm down is probably the best way to deal with it. :)

slappy magoo

I think the only thing that would make the OP happy would be if they did the big closing fireworks spectacular earlier than before park closing. Depending on the time of year, I don't know how feasible that would be. if MK closes at 9, but Wishes started at 7:30 or 8, it might make the exodus more tolerable.

But of course, WDW knows just how many people leave after the fireworks, and that there would be a mass exodus after the fireworks no matter how much later the park were to remain often after the fireworks. And people who are leaving...are people who are NOT SHOPPING!

mechanic

its part of the experience. if you find it that disagreeable its best to avoid crowded events. we always head towards adventureland. for a dole whip and then people watch a while. not being critical here but if it is too hard on the kids then leave before fireworks.. ..or do some more rides. our favorite memory is riding dumbo while the fireworks were going on. priceless.as they say.

nngrendel

I think the only thing that would make the OP happy would be if they did the big closing fireworks spectacular earlier than before park closing. Depending on the time of year, I don't know how feasible that would be. if MK closes at 9, but Wishes started at 7:30 or 8, it might make the exodus more tolerable.

Here is one thing missed about having the fireworks earlier. According to the OP this was posted yesterday as they were leaving. (Correct me if I am wrong but that's how I read it.)

According to the calendar the schedule for yesterday had the Electrical Parade at 8 and Wishes at 9. So...... If sunset happens around 7:30pm at this time of year when are you supposed to enjoy these events?

To me the Electrical Parade and Wishes look way better when its completely dark. I say completely dark because at 7:30 sunset time its not "completely dark".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom