After wishes magic goes away fast

boufa

Original Poster
This is a complete Disney failure. After wishes you and your kids get caught in a long, hot, tired, cattle drive. I am being touched in places I don't wsnt to discuss. My kid has been hit in the head with several backpacks, my group has been seperated, and right now I have list all desire to ever come back.

What the heck. You want to sit in the car and say "wow, what a great day!" But instead we are going to be thrilled about surviving.... AND THIS WAS A SLOW DAY!!!

Its not the first time, this is a nightly experience.

How is this magic? How does Disney put themselves into this clearly bad cs scenerio.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The magic only goes away fast if you decided to leave right after the fireworks. Next time hang out at the hub until the kiss goodnight and you will find the trip to your car much more pleasurable.

disneyrcks

What is your suggestion for a better exit situation? I have to say I am not a patient person and I hate waiting but I am not sure there is a feasible way to improve this. Then again....I am not a very creative person. I would love to read/hear your thoughts!

PirateFrank

I've felt the same as you after wishes...and I've gotten pushed and shoved trying to get out of the place...and I've done the pushing and shoving....

Then, one time, we sat down and waited til everyone left...people watched...

And walked out saying a happy goodbye to all the cast members....and it was magical....

Don't let other people ruin the magic for you...

CP_alum08

Aside from the thousands of other people moving that direction, there is nothing telling you you have to leave right then. Linger for a while. Sit on a bench with an ice cream. Wander through some of the smaller shops.

We see what you described every time we're at MK and we just don't get it. After about 30 minutes the park is quiet and peaceful and a wonderful place to soak up that last remaining bit of magic.

BigTxEars

This is a complete Disney failure. After wishes you and your kids get caught in a long, hot, tired, cattle drive. I am being touched in places I don't wsnt to discuss. My kid has been hit in the head with several backpacks, my group has been seperated, and right now I have list all desire to ever come back.

What the heck. You want to sit in the car and say "wow, what a great day!" But instead we are going to be thrilled about surviving.... AND THIS WAS A SLOW DAY!!!

Its not the first time, this is a nightly experience.

How is this magic? How does Disney put themselves into this clearly bad cs scenerio.

How would you resolve it? Just curious what you would suggest they do differently?

Lots of people and a big event = crowds. I can not think how they could resolve it. Not trying to be difficult but it seems like the nature of the beast to me. I would not blame Disney for something they can not "fix".

CP_alum08

How would you resolve it? Just curious what you would suggest they do differently?

Lots of people and a big event = crowds. I can not think how they could resolve it. Not trying to be difficult but it seems like the nature of the beast to me. I would not blame Disney for something they can not "fix".

You're right. This happens at every big event too like concerts or sporting events. There are just too many people going to the same place to have it move quickly. And even if they did have a great plan, all it takes is 1 or 2 stupid people to clog everything up again.

MUTZIE77

I would suggest hanging around and waiting for the kiss goodnight as well. I saw it for the first time in march and it is a VERY magical way to end an evening at MK accompanied by a peaceful walk to transportation.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
You're not forced to leave the park after Wishes. Stick around awhile. It'll be much more enjoyable.

And out of curiosity, how would you suggest they fix this?

Pioneer Hall

Well there isn't much Disney can do considering you can't limit the amount of people who can watch fireworks. As others have said, wait for a little while after the show is over and you won't be in the cattle herd out of the park. That's really the only thing you can do to avoid being part of the masses trying to leave. There is no other solution to crowding for a fireworks show, and I think that Disney does it pretty well where no one is trampling one another or getting hurt.

CP_alum08

Do any of you know if there is a specific time the Kiss Goodnight happens? We have stayed after closing multiple times and have only seen it once. Does it happen every night?

boufa

Original Poster
Do any of you have kids. 930 is pushing it, sitting around an hour is not an effective solution.

How would I solve it... The park was not designed for a mass exit. Keep the park open for an hour or so. Then you spred the crowds out. Maybe not blitz you on the way in with all the transportation closure times. It makes people think that if they don't rush they might be stuck. Per the announcment on the tram in the morning we only have 10 more minutes to catch the parking lot tram.... And we are in the middle of the crowd.

So if we waited, we would have kids that passed out and had to walk a long way down the parking lot. It has taken an hour and we are still at least 2 trams away from getting to our car.

Solutions, as mentioned leave some rides open after wishes, more trams (more monorails is not possible or practical). Staying and watching the castle twinkle, while cool, is not an effective solution.

I am still hoping to leave the fam in the resort and hop over to epcot to shoot some pictures, but I might bot get out of here.

On the bright side, until now, it has been a great day.

Rob562

Do any of you have kids. 930 is pushing it, sitting around an hour is not an effective solution.

How would I solve it... The park was not designed for a mass exit. Keep the park open for an hour or so. Then you spred the crowds out. Maybe not blitz you on the way in with all the transportation closure times. It makes people think that if they don't rush they might be stuck. Per the announcment on the tram in the morning we only have 10 more minutes to catch the parking lot tram.... And we are in the middle of the crowd.

So if we waited, we would have kids that passed out and had to walk a long way down the parking lot. It has taken an hour and we are still at least 2 trams away from getting to our car.

Solutions, as mentioned leave some rides open after wishes, more trams (more monorails is not possible or practical). Staying and watching the castle twinkle, while cool, is not an effective solution.

I am still hoping to leave the fam in the resort and hop over to epcot to shoot some pictures, but I might bot get out of here.

On the bright side, until now, it has been a great day.

Trust me, the slowly-shuffling-mass-crowd-exit also happens on nights when the park is open hours after Wishes with a second running of the parade and all rides open to tempt people back into the park. Yes, it might be *slightly* less than the Wishes-at-closing-time crowd, but it's still crazy.

-Rob

maxairmike

The way I see it, there are two practical, logical choices: have a closing show to cap everyone's day off (and consequently get people to stay in the park longer, spending more $$$), or forgo a closing show in the evening. As you say, this is the slow season, when they close earlier. There are many nights during the off-season where it has just turned completely dark by the time they start their closing entertainment. During the busy season, the park will actually stay open about an hour or two beyond their "closing" entertainment, and you know what, they still have the exact same issue every single night. The park being open beyond the show does not seem to change the fact that a ridiculous amount of people are going to leave the park immediately following the conclusion of the entertainment.

As others have said, this is just the inherent nature of having a large crowd of people in one place at the conclusion of an event. It has always been that way and likely always will. You think after Wishes is bad, try NYE at EPCOT. By 6pm I was walking sideways all the way from Germany to Mexico, getting closer than anyone should be to complete strangers. It is just the nature of crowds. Others have already mentioned suitable ways around the crowd. Don't mean to sound snappy, but it really is simply go with the crowd, or wait it out (or beat the crowd, and miss the closing entertainment). You could always watch Wishes from...the Poly, the GF, or even the TTC. The last option gets you a really good jump on the exiting masses.

Tinkerbell 8

I can see you're point about the kids being exhaused after a long day, but like others have said, there's not much Disney can do to control everyone leaving at once. They can't force people to stay if they want to leave. One solution to you're problem would be to stand/sit back by the entrance and watch Wishes, it's still a great view and you'll be the first few people out of the park. Second option, take a break in the afternoon and let your kids have a break or a nap, my DH is 24 and still enjoys a nap in the afternoon, especially in Disney, this way they won't be falling right to sleep as soon as the fireworks are over (won't really work if your kids are really really young but its an option for kids a little older). A large exit is something that you just have to expect when there are thousands and thousands of people in one area.

happymom52003

If we know we want to leave asap after Wishes, then we watch it from Town Square, or at least the front part of Main Street. Problem solved. We beat the herd of people doing it this way every time. Sure, there will still be a bit of a crowd, but it is nowhere near as bad as if you are trying to leave from the castle hub area.

boufa

Original Poster
Well, we made it. Nearly 90 minutes. I agree that it is a fact of life with a fireworks show. Disney however did create theproblem and they are responsible for it. Maybe they accept it. No where else in their business is that kind of cattle heard allowed. Imagine if that was how you got out of the tiki room?

Lesson learned. We will see what we will do tomorrow. Might even be the same thing. :hammer:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom