after fantasyland

rnese

Oh ok, good. I agree, it should stay exclusive to WDW.
There ARE certain attractions, landmarks, etc that SHOULD remain unique. However, there are ways to bring the SAME magic to different parks. There's a castle in Disneyland and a castle in the Magic Kingdom...just different! I used the example of Carsland earlier. Since Cal. has Carsland, why not bring Carsland to DHS, but theme it differently? Possible theme it after Cars 2, and create a Grand Prix through the streets of Tokyo? Just an example. Same idea...different theming. Would that make you want to visit both? Would that keep them unique?

Californian Elitist

There ARE certain attractions, landmarks, etc that SHOULD remain unique. However, there are ways to bring the SAME magic to different parks. There's a castle in Disneyland and a castle in the Magic Kingdom...just different! I used the example of Carsland earlier. Since Cal. has Carsland, why not bring Carsland to DHS, but theme it differently? Possible theme it after Cars 2, and create a Grand Prix through the streets of Tokyo? Just an example. Same idea...different theming. Would that make you want to visit both? Would that keep them unique?

Honestly, I don't want Cars Land in any way of shape or form at DHS or any of the parks in Florida. I wouldn't care if it was themed to Cars 2; it's still Cars Land. When I say unique, I mean something totally different. Every Disneyland-style park has a castle, and the same given rides (Thunder, Pirates, Mansion, Space, etc.), so I wouldn't use that as a comparison. Cars Land is one of few very cool and unique things about DCA. I really don't want to see it elsewhere, just like you don't want to see Spaceship Earth elsewhere. If Westerners want to see Spaceship Earth, they're going to have to fly to Florida. If Easterners want to see Cars Land, get on a plane and go to California.

Mrs.Toad

Can I confess I always had a twinge of guilt regarding Be our Guest. I know I posted the other day on this thread that I mostly would prefer originals and I don't mind dupes if they are limited in number and truly outstanding, or if they were different takes on an attraction, like HM, for instance being different in each park.

A part of me felt bad that the icon of the park, Cinderella's castle, was now having some competition. The decor and menu, (too early to predict the actual taste/quality of the food yet though), and now there are two castles instead of one.

Sorry, I finally had to blurt out my secret confession. LOL! :rolleyes: But I am also happy FL finally got some attention.

I love the Pixar movies, with the exception of Cars 2 :eek:. But I personally cannot stand to see anymore Pixar themed lands/attractions. I understand the franchise appeal of Cars and Nemo but Disney Parks is REALLY overdoing it.

I mean a whole parade devoted to just Pixar characters? I didn't have a problem with the motorcars parade at DHS, which featured some Pixar property, which is fine. A Pixar land in DHS? I was skeptical about it but I thought it was a good way to include Pixar somewhere in the property in a big way. Then Disney really ruined it for me when they introduced Nemo: The Musical and Under the Sea With Nemo and Friends. Am I the only one that is sick of seeing Nemo and Lightning? And OF COURSE with the creation of a new value resort they just had to include Cars and Nemo! God forbid they actually use traditional Disney characters anymore. Art of Animation already had an underwater themed building with The Little Mermaid, they didn't need to include Nemo, it just seems redundant.

As for replacing LMA and Backlot with a Carsland? I absolutely hate the idea. LMA is a really enjoyable stunt show which the park needs. The only other stunt show the park has is a 30 year old show which has gone unchanged since it premiered. Indy is a classic but it can't be the only stunt show the park offers. People like action, explosions, and cars, not Cars.

Well that concludes my rant.

RSoxNo1

I am so against clones, it's not even funny. Keep the parks as unique as possible.
What did Dolly ever do to you?
_40805695_dolly238.jpg

awoogala

You know, I've been convinced. I'm totally AGAINST cloning, now that my new friends Raven24 and AquaDuck have brainwashed me. I say we tear down Small World and The Haunted Mansion in WDW, since they existed in Disneyland first, demolish ToT in California since it was in Florida first, when Toy Story 4 comes out, only show it on the west coast...let's keep it "unique". Heck, how can Mickey be in more than one place! Get rid of HIM altogether in Florida! All the characters for that matter. Florida should only get that silly EPCOT Bear, what's-his-name!
I am for cloning special attractions. (although I have no interest in Carsland, we hated the movies!)
I am not going to California anytime soon. My kids are horribly frightened of flying, so it's a no go. Others I know cannot fly due to health issues. Some of us enjoy more than just WDW, but actually like Florida as a vacation spot.
The whole idea to "skip a few disney vacations" to go to DL doesn't work for me, I know with some kids, there is a finite amount of years that disney is the best thing around, so I don't consider it a good risk to skip a few years that are the best disney years for my kids. Just another perspective. ;-)

awoogala

I love the Pixar movies, with the exception of Cars 2 :eek:. But I personally cannot stand to see anymore Pixar themed lands/attractions. I understand the franchise appeal of Cars and Nemo but Disney Parks is REALLY overdoing it.

I mean a whole parade devoted to just Pixar characters? I didn't have a problem with the motorcars parade at DHS, which featured some Pixar property, which is fine. A Pixar land in DHS? I was skeptical about it but I thought it was a good way to include Pixar somewhere in the property in a big way. Then Disney really ruined it for me when they introduced Nemo: The Musical and Under the Sea With Nemo and Friends. Am I the only one that is sick of seeing Nemo and Lightning? And OF COURSE with the creation of a new value resort they just had to include Cars and Nemo! God forbid they actually use traditional Disney characters anymore. Art of Animation already had an underwater themed building with The Little Mermaid, they didn't need to include Nemo, it just seems redundant.

As for replacing LMA and Backlot with a Carsland? I absolutely hate the idea. LMA is a really enjoyable stunt show which the park needs. The only other stunt show the park has is a 30 year old show which has gone unchanged since it premiered. Indy is a classic but it can't be the only stunt show the park offers. People like action, explosions, and cars, not Cars.

Well that concludes my rant.
the funny thing is, I adore most of their movies! But I don't get the attractions. They mostly seem like cheap throw togethers. Monsters inc should have been a ride, in DHS. Wall-e should be in epcot or tommorrowland!
Cars is a horrible movie, but I get that it is popular with a lot of little boys. Take the old horrible cars on the speed way and theme that.
I like the nemo play, turtle talk is cute, but redoing the whole sea attraction was dumb.
two toy story attractions (both themed like video games) is irritating.
Where is UP?

jdmdisney99

the funny thing is, I adore most of their movies! But I don't get the attractions. They mostly seem like cheap throw togethers. Monsters inc should have been a ride, in DHS. Wall-e should be in epcot or tommorrowland!
Cars is a horrible movie, but I get that it is popular with a lot of little boys. Take the old horrible cars on the speed way and theme that.
I like the nemo play, turtle talk is cute, but redoing the whole sea attraction was dumb.
Where is UP?
Peter Pan-style UP ride anyone? ;)

pumpkin7

After Fantasyland, there will never be anything else. TDO have blown the next 10 year budget on that expansion so you best get the most out of it! Ha.

And I'm glad I'm not the only one to have disliked Cars 2. Cars was a brilliant film, Cars 2 felt like it was made for the sake of it. Kind of like PotC2/3/4 .... o_O

iheartdisney91

i loved Cars when it came out.... but now it's been WAAAYYYYY over done and Disney basically killed it for me.
if i see "cars land" in HWS i will not be happy!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
i loved Cars when it came out.... but now it's been WAAAYYYYY over done and Disney basically killed it for me.
if i see "cars land" in HWS i will not be happy!

Cars/Cars 2 are my two least favorite Pixar movies, but having visited Carsland this past summer I have to say it was very impressive.

RSoxNo1

Where is UP?
Cars isn't a horrible movie, it's just not as good as other Pixar movies. That's a huge difference.

bubbles1812

Cars isn't a horrible movie, it's just not as good as other Pixar movies. That's a huge difference.

Agreed. Cars just is not as good compared to the other Pixar movies. I finally saw it in its entirety recently. It wasn't horrible but just kind of meh... I did however find Cars 2 to be pretty bad. Choppy storyline and way way way too much Mater (I can't stand Larry the Cable Guy's voice but at least in Cars it wasn't so much).

WDW1974

There's this stuff...called money! Most humans don't have enough of it to travel around the world to visit theme parks. I'd love to make it a point to visit DCA, or Tokyo Disney, but it costs LOTS of money to fly there when I can drive to WDW. Also, I never said EVERYTHING should be "cloned", but it sure would be nice to take my kids who are currently 8 and 4 to "Cars Land" while they're young, but it costs my family too much to fly to California. I'm sure the majority of Americans feel the same as I do.

That's a great excuse for many people. Not all, but many. When I see how much money some folks -- 'average folks' I'm told -- spend at WDW, I wonder why they can't go anywhere.

If you can spend 10 days at a WDW moderate or deluxe resort and spend all your food money there, then rest assured you absolutely can fly to LA and spend the same or less (sometime a lot less) to see DLR and other NON Disney sites.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom