after fantasyland

RSoxNo1

I actually think that Cars is a very good to great film. Lots of heart, fun characters and incredible scenery that speaks to anyone who has ever been on a road trip out west or longs for the days of Route 66 and a slower pace.

Cars 2, I still haven't seen.
Personally, the only Pixar movies that I like more than the Cars movies are the Toy Story movies, Up, Finding Nemo and maybe Brave. I'd rather watch Cars over Monster's Inc, A Bugs Life, Wall-E, and Ratatouille. It's been a while since I've seen The Incredibles so I should watch it again before comparing it.

lazyboy97o

I actually think that Cars is a very good to great film. Lots of heart, fun characters and incredible scenery that speaks to anyone who has ever been on a road trip out west or longs for the days of Route 66 and a slower pace.

Cars was made because there was something to say about a dying piece of Americana.

Cars 2 was made because there was merchandise to be sold.

the.dreamfinder

I would say that Cars 2 is a really good saturday morning cartoon, but I would have rather seen another film occupy that precious production slot. Speaking of production slots, is Pixar really going to try doing two films a year?

towerofterror8

Original Poster
Aside from carsland. What could be next for epcot. Future world isn't in great shape and countries are sort of meh after seeing them so many times. Are there any possibilities of a new country?

Turtle

Personally, the only Pixar movies that I like more than the Cars movies are the Toy Story movies, Up, Finding Nemo and maybe Brave. I'd rather watch Cars over Monster's Inc, A Bugs Life, Wall-E, and Ratatouille. It's been a while since I've seen The Incredibles so I should watch it again before comparing it.
i know its your opinion.. but Monsters Inc?!?!? D:

Turtle

I would say that Cars 2 is a really good saturday morning cartoon, but I would have rather seen another film occupy that precious production slot. Speaking of production slots, is Pixar really going to try doing two films a year?
they've been trying but they don't want to rush any films. Monsters University was slated for a November 9, 2012 release originally

towerofterror8

Original Poster
cars was a disgrace to pixar i still think they should do something based on ratatouie, wall-e, or the incredibles, movies that have never had anything themed to them

Goofnut1980

They need more besides that though. The whole park needs sprucing up. Also, would it take 5 years to redo the park like it did for DCA??

Prock3

Lets face it there will eventually be a clone of at least part of Carsland in wdw. Wether it's a carbon copy, or it's just a copy in its theme is yet to be decided. I could see TDO not wanting to build RSR because its so similar to test track and instead wanting to do something different, but having the development costs payed for already and knowing how to improve a little bit on the operations aspect of RSR is probably to good of a deal to pass up.

Now lets get to one of the main reasons we'll see Carsland in Orlando, tourists!!! Not only domestic ones but international ones as well. WDW is the number one tourist destination on earth, being a CM it's eye opening at how many international travelers go through there. TDO has really been playing up to the international crowd lately, avatar isn't that popular here but internationally it's huge, and having Carsland would certainly help draw them in.

It would also draw in more domestic tourists, if a new to disney family looks at a Disney vacation between WDW and DL they will probably pick WDW because it looks like there is more bang for your buck. It has double the theme parks, 2 water parks, larger entertainment district, golf courses, resort specific activities, oh and it's neighboring theme parks are pretty good. (Let's face it TDO loves having potter down the street, the amount of business it brought them probably payed for some of NFL) Oh and after that new disney family goes to WDW and experiences everything it has to offer, there will be plenty of DVC rooms disney is waiting sell them.

Raven you hit the biggest nail on the head as to why disney will build Carsland in WDW when you said, if you want to see Carsland just skip WDW for a few years to save up for a trip to DL. That's the last thing disney wants its guests to do and they will go to great lengths to keep that from happening.

ctxak98

As far as Disney making new attractions based on PIXAR movies...I think anything but Cars should be used. Cars is my least favorite movie in that bunch. I fell asleep the first time I saw it..I have said it before and will say it again....THE INCREDIBLES! needs an attractions. SO MUCH POTENTIAL!...its almost disgusting that they havent done anything for that movie yet!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom