after fantasyland

danlb_2000

Premium Member
That reply had nothing to do with that post but ok...

...They are classics. You are really comparing Cars to those things? :rolleyes: Think i made my point with the last post.

Cars may not be a classic like those, but I understand why Disney is interested in exploiting it. Even though they are not the most well received Pixar movies they are the most profitable.

P.S. I am not fan of Cars, although I loved Carsland, I would much rather see a Star Wars land.

Pixiedustmaker

Cars may not be a classic like those, but I understand why Disney is interested in exploiting it. Even though they are not the most well received Pixar movies they are the most profitable.

P.S. I am not fan of Cars, although I loved Carsland, I would much rather see a Star Wars land.

And you will, in all likelihood, get your wish.

Disney is going gangbusters on Star Wars. Three sequels, plus at least two spin-off films . . . six Star Wars films have been made, Disney will probably double that number in the ten years following 2015. Yes, there will be merchandizing, (billions of dollars), and of course the money from the films themselves, but they are planting the seeds for a massive fan base.

And one thing fans like to do is go to conventions. It makes financial sense to build a Star Wars land (in a fifth gate) at WDW as they could bundle exclusive access to Star Wars land during a Star Wars celebration week/weeks at the resort. That is what makes money, filling hotel rooms and getting guests in the habit of migrating to WDW every couple years, and having special offerings where they could charge more, such as holding conventions on the property and bundling theme park admissions and convention admission.

They'll probably put in a fifth gate near the TTC, and they could call it a "Disney Adventure" park, with an emphasis on interactive experiences, and put NextGen twist on Carsland, Star Wars, some Pixar property . . . maybe even put in a 20K Under the Sea ride.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
And you will, in all likelihood, get your wish.

Disney is going gangbusters on Star Wars. Three sequels, plus at least two spin-off films . . . six Star Wars films have been made, Disney will probably double that number in the ten years following 2015. Yes, there will be merchandizing, (billions of dollars), and of course the money from the films themselves, but they are planting the seeds for a massive fan base.

And one thing fans like to do is go to conventions. It makes financial sense to build a Star Wars land (in a fifth gate) at WDW as they could bundle exclusive access to Star Wars land during a Star Wars celebration week/weeks at the resort. That is what makes money, filling hotel rooms and getting guests in the habit of migrating to WDW every couple years, and having special offerings where they could charge more, such as holding conventions on the property and bundling theme park admissions and convention admission.

They'll probably put in a fifth gate near the TTC, and they could call it a "Disney Adventure" park, with an emphasis on interactive experiences, and put NextGen twist on Carsland, Star Wars, some Pixar property . . . maybe even put in a 20K Under the Sea ride.

Preaching to the choir on Star Wars :) Since Star Wars Celebration has been in Orlando the last few years it will be interesting to see if the next one moves on property.

I don't agree with the fifth gate. There is enough room in each of the four current parks to expand some more without incurring the large overhead of operating a fifth gate. Eventually it may be necessary but I don't see it happening any time soon.

Wikkler

Bam. Lands of Disney Adventure Park will be an Arctic Land, the Mysterious Island from DisneySea, Superhero Island once Disney gets Marvel rights, Star Wars Land, and Carsland.

Lol, I wish.

Taylor

Same as me but the assumption being made that it was dated is false Cars is still making loads of money and frankly I don't see it stopping

radiohost

Two cents....

Avatar Land gets scrapped and Star Wars themed land is built beside "Star Tours" and takes up that side of the property replacing the Indiana Jones stunt show and maybe Lights Motors Action...

danlb_2000

Premium Member
How many times has this been confirmed? Avatar is moving right along. They're spending tens of thousands of dollars every single day. Argue about whether you want it or not but it IS coming.

Some people will remain skeptical until it has actually started construction.

NoChesterHester

How many times has this been confirmed? Avatar is moving right along. They're spending tens of thousands of dollars every single day. Argue about whether you want it or not but it IS coming.

Obviously, it must be said again. People only hear what they want to.

My forehead hurts from beating it on the table.

doctornick

Obviously, it must be said again. People only hear what they want to.

My forehead hurts from beating it on the table.

Here's the thing... I can understand people's skepticism considering it was announced a while away, there were rumors of disagreements and the project potentially being ended and because there is yet to be construction of Avatar specifically (obviously, the FOTLK moving is step 1 in the process). That said, there's a leap from skepticism to downright denial of it possibly happening and I think it generally stems from wishcasting that it wouldn't from people who don't like the idea of Avatar.

At this point, I think it's safe to say that Avatar to DAK is progressing, but like any project could be derailed. And I think the 2013 start of construction will be met with them actually building in the last month or two of this year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom