after fantasyland

Mrs.Toad

Really, the next MK land that should be considered is Adventureland. It needs a bit more cohesiveness and a boost. Nothing done there since renaming a restaurant to Tortuga and updating Pirates, and a few minor things. I love that it is the land that houses many of the old classics and I don't want them to go, but that space needs to be better utilized and I would love one e-ticket addition and I would be happy.

I would next love another addition to Tomorrowland. Space and Buzz are awesome and very popular but I think one more would do.

I will leave Epcot, DHS, and AK for another time. They need more work than MK does, imo.

rnese

I don't understand all the outrage over "cloning" rides and attractions. Most people who go to WDW NEVER have and NEVER will go to California, Tokyo, Paris, etc. I'm NOT for simply having identicle parks, but I think it's smart to bring popular attractions to other parks.

If you owned a McDonald's franchise with 5 or 6 restaurants, and you offered the Shamrock Shake at one site, and it was very popular there, wouldn't you make it available at ALL of your restaurants? I would.

invader

If you owned a McDonald's franchise with 5 or 6 restaurants, and you offered the Shamrock Shake at one site, and it was very popular there, wouldn't you make it available at ALL of your restaurants? I would.

Oh yes, McDonalds fast food restaurants are a perfect example of how you should run a theme park business....

rnese

Oh yes, McDonalds fast food restaurants are a perfect example of how you should run a theme park business....

The principles of successful business remain true regardless. Perhaps YOU would like to offer an analogy of a successful business model which better resembles the "theme park business"?

doctornick

I don't understand all the outrage over "cloning" rides and attractions. Most people who go to WDW NEVER have and NEVER will go to California, Tokyo, Paris, etc. I'm NOT for simply having identicle parks, but I think it's smart to bring popular attractions to other parks.

I totally agree. I mean, it is good to have some attractions that are unique to certain parks to give parks some individual character but if a ride a popular and successful, it only makes sense to duplicate it at other parks to have more people enjoy it and have it be a draw.

Heck, I don't understand why Disney isn't looking at all the impressive attractions in Tokyo and working hard to figure out how/where to clone them in the US. The vast majority of folks who would visit US parks will never go to any of the ones in Asia and so those rides would be new and exciting for most guests. It seems silly to me to have things like Hunny Hunt and Journey to the Center of the Earth and not look to potentially incorporate them (or some variant) elsewhere.

Mrs.Toad

I could get with a compromise. Unique rides in each park mostly, but some projects are so outstanding that they could/should be cloned and brought to other park locations. What happened with the history of POTC is a prime example. The demand for it in Orlando and it is still a classic and not going anywhere.

I am one example of someone who has no plans to go to DL, but is constantly awaiting my next trip to WDW, so I can't be objective. Limited clones are fine because I may not ever see DL. I just can't pass up WDW with Epcot, DHS, etc...

Mrs.Toad

Oh, and I think it is a great thing to add the same concept to different parks with a twist.

For example, the Haunted Mansions, are different in each park. You do get to see legends/favorites with a take 2, take 3, take 4 perspective.

invader

The principles of successful business remain true regardless. Perhaps YOU would like to offer an analogy of a successful business model which better resembles the "theme park business"?
If two places, specifically theme parks, have the same exact lands / rides what gives me any incentive to go to both? If x has a really cool ride that only it has, wouldn't I be more inclined to go there than if x and y both have it? If they both have it then it's nothing unique.

Glasgow

People don't seem to complain too much about other clones at WDW, like PoTC, IASW, HM, BTMRR, etc.. :)

I, too, don't see the problem with clones when done well. Yes, it would be nice to have unique attractions at all parks but realistically that does not make financial sense. It's still a publicly traded company after all -- many seem to forget that little fact.

Californian Elitist

This.. just imagine if any other Disney parks got an SSE, Safari, GMR, etc.

Exactly. To me, the differences between the parks make them worth visiting. Who wants the same thing all the time? That's exactly why I'm glad California didn't get WestCot. What happened to uniqueness?

I have a question for some. If you knew Westerners who had no plans whatsoever to visit WDW, would you try to change their mind and encourage them to go, or would you tell them to not spend the extra money and forget about it?

Siberianbreaks

Magic kingdom : tomorrowland: get rid of monsters inc laugh floor and move it too DHS, I heard there's a second chamber of stitches great escape but I don't know, but in the second chamber add alien encounter back and just change the preshow up a bit too have you have an option between stitch or alien encounter,
Change up buzz a bit and get rid of the speedway

Adventure land : get rid of Aladdin ride, and add a new attraction

Frontier land : Fix up somethings and retheme Tom Sawyer island

Epcot : retheme imagination to include the dream finder again and fix up imageworks, change the voice on spaceship earth, modernize wonders of life, retheme soarin, get rid mission space, make innovations back into more of a futuristic place not video games, the piggy bank thing, and whatever else there is.

Hollywood studios : retheme rockin roller coaster, redo fantasmic altogether, get rid of the Indiana jones show and build an Indiana jones based ride, get rid of lma and the backlot tour unless their going to fix it, and expand Pixar place with multiple Pixar based attractions instead of just carsland and add more set related stuff

Animal kingdom : get rid of everything in dinoland except dinosaur, and make that whole area beastly kingdom, fix the yeti.

After everything's back to being good at Disney for a 5th land they should just build a gigantic park with a retro theme and bring back all the quality classic attractions and build some new attractions with like steamboat mickey and old Disney shorts and films and make the whole park have a vintage feel,I think people of both past and present generations would enjoy that a lot.

Turtle

Hollywood studios : retheme rockin roller coaster
Animal kingdom : get rid of everything in dinoland except dinosaur, and make that whole area beastly kingdom, fix the yeti.
[/quote]

What do you mean retheme Rock 'n Rollercoaster? It's fine

How do dinosaurs fit with Beastly Kingdom... It should be animals of the past having their own land, and mythical creatures in another land.. Not all in one

rnese

If two places, specifically theme parks, have the same exact lands / rides what gives me any incentive to go to both? If x has a really cool ride that only it has, wouldn't I be more inclined to go there than if x and y both have it? If they both have it then it's nothing unique.
Most people DON'T go to BOTH! Most people don't go to both WDW and Disneyland/DCA. Most people who go to WDW will NEVER go to Disney Tokyo or Disney Paris.

Californian Elitist

Most people DON'T go to BOTH! Most people don't go to both WDW and Disneyland/DCA. Most people who go to WDW will NEVER go to Disney Tokyo or Disney Paris.

Oh well. Whose fault is that? Just because people out there don't make it a point to visit the other resorts doesn't mean everything should be cloned. If you're never going to make the trip, oh well. Guess you won't be experiencing anything unique the resorts have to offer.

rnese

Oh well. Whose fault is that? Just because people out there don't make it a point to visit the other resorts doesn't mean everything should be cloned. If you're never going to make the trip, oh well. Guess you won't be experiencing anything unique the resorts have to offer.
There's this stuff...called money! Most humans don't have enough of it to travel around the world to visit theme parks. I'd love to make it a point to visit DCA, or Tokyo Disney, but it costs LOTS of money to fly there when I can drive to WDW. Also, I never said EVERYTHING should be "cloned", but it sure would be nice to take my kids who are currently 8 and 4 to "Cars Land" while they're young, but it costs my family too much to fly to California. I'm sure the majority of Americans feel the same as I do.

Californian Elitist

There's this stuff...called money! Most humans don't have enough of it to travel around the world to visit theme parks. I'd love to make it a point to visit DCA, or Tokyo Disney, but it costs LOTS of money to fly there when I can drive to WDW. Also, I never said EVERYTHING should be "cloned", but it sure would be nice to take my kids who are currently 8 and 4 to "Cars Land" while they're young, but it costs my family too much to fly to California. I'm sure the majority of Americans feel the same as I do.

Sacrifice a few WDW trips and save for the trip.

Siberianbreaks

How do dinosaurs fit with Beastly Kingdom... It should be animals of the past having their own land, and mythical creatures in another land.. Not all in one[/quote]

How do dinosaurs fit with Beastly Kingdom... It should be animals of the past having their own land, and mythical creatures in another land.. Not all in one[/quote]

As in changing Aerosmith out and with the name beastly kingdom it kind of fits

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom