Aerosmith Contract Ending Soon? What's Next For Rock 'n' Roller Coaster?

DisneyCane

Forget the pre-show.....Queen wouldn't work with the whole theme of speeding to see a concert (unless you were trying to go fast enough to travel back in time to see them).

The other thing is that Aerosmith is still somewhat relevant. They still tour (as a complete living group) and still put out some new music (supposedly an album coming this year). Sure they're not super popular with the under 25 set but most people of any age have at least heard of them.

Queen peaked in the mid 80's and then Freddy died. I'd say there's a very high percentage of people (especially under 30) that if you asked what group sings "We Will Rock You" they wouldn't know. Ask who sings "Walk This Way" and most people will know. That's what makes Aerosmith good for this attraction.

MickeyDent

kiss.PNG

I LOVE THIS IDEA MOST!!!!!

I can hear is now. Once your seated on the ride, you hear "You wanted the best, you GOT the best. The hottest band in the world.....KISS!!"" then take off to Detroit Rock City, followed by SHout it Out Loud, Love Gun and finish off with Rock n Roll All Nite!!!!

I could die a happy man after that.....:)

bgraham34

I can hear is now. Once your seated on the ride, you hear "You wanted the best, you GOT the best. The hottest band in the world.....KISS!!"" then take off to Detroit Rock City, followed by SHout it Out Loud, Love Gun and finish off with Rock n Roll All Nite!!!!

I have to agree that would be pretty cool. I am not a big kiss fan but I would actually really want to hear that.

Krack2

I think it makes the most sense. They are recognizable, they play rock music, even younger teens that weren't alive in their heyday know Gene Simmons through his reality show. You could have castmembers in the makeup taking photos with guests as they get off the ride.

And what's most important to Disney? They are probably the most merchandised band in the world. If there is a trinket being manufactured somewhere, Simmons has already slapped a KISS logo on it and marked up the price. It's a perfect match.

There are plenty of bands that would work though - the key is to get an older band that appeals across a bunch of generations:

The Who, the Rolling Stones, Van Halen and Led Zeppelin are probably the most obvious choices. Queen would have been great had Freddie Mercury still been alive. After KISS, I think the smartest choice would be AC/DC.

Kamikaze

4 different songs on a 38 second ride?

_Scar

4 different songs on a 38 second ride?

fail. 58 seconds....

Kiss is sorta.... out there.

Long live Aerosmith! Steven Tyler seems like a nice guy and a true rocker and Gene Simmons seems like.... Sideshow Bob. :shrug: I know teens know who Aerosmith is, but maybe not so much Kiss...

If, god forbid, something did happen to a band member, I think they might just retheme the whole roller coaster to something else. It would be very foolish for Disney to try and get another group to take Aerosmith's spot.

If in 10 more years nothing fatal has happened, I'd love to see U2 in there.

Long live Aerosmith! Steven Tyler seems like a nice guy and a true rocker and Gene Simmons seems like.... Sideshow Bob. :shrug: I know teens know who Aerosmith is, but maybe not so much Kiss...

If, god forbid, something did happen to a band member, I think they might just retheme the whole roller coaster to something else. It would be very foolish for Disney to try and get another group to take Aerosmith's spot.

I agree, they should keep Aerosmith. I can't see anyone else replacing them.

Imagineer Mitch

okay so is aerosmith staying or not? it would be absolutely stupid for disney to get rid of them considering the numberous number of people riding that ride a day, some just to listen to the music. this thread is off topic now and all i want to know is if they will be back on rock n rollercoaster

EPCOTPluto

No kidding! That's scary! Wow, doesn't even look like him...
I am actually surprised anyone could recognize him.

I think those "disguise" glasses work perfectly. I know I won't be able to if I saw him with them. :lookaroun

But on topic, I haven't heard much about this now.

I would say it's safe to know that it won't be replaced by the Jonas Brothers anytime soon.

Thankfully. :lookaroun:lol:

hrcollectibles

I agree, they should keep Aerosmith. I can't see anyone else replacing them.

I think the reason people think that no other band could replace them is because we are used to them being part of the attraction. If this had been Rock N Roller Coaster featuring Red Hot Chili Peppers then people would say no one could or should replace them

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom