Adventureland Veranda - Skipper Canteen restaurant

Sped2424

Disney Food Blog is a rumor reporting that Aloha Isle will close and dole whips would move to sunshine terrace. Then the adventureland verandah and aloha isle space would become a new Tiana themed restaurant...
Not buying that rumor at all. Tons of insiders have hinted that something is going in that spot but not once was tiana ever mentioned. Not to mention Adventureland is not New Orleans Square.

Jon81uk

Put it in at Port Orleans in its defunct wasted space which needs to be a full service again.

And even if it isn't a full on character meal, just making it Tiana themed would draw more people to POFQ for dinner. If they make it a character meal with Tiana and Dr Faciliar then it could be a big draw (but please none of the other princesses, make it something unique!).

matt9112

I Was just about to comment this. Some adventure theme, maybe a super cheesy jungle cruise joke filled restaurant would be awesome. No characters though, please!!

Or they could just razze that dinosaur of a ride and we can ask for more than cheesy jokes....pretty soon anybody that finds that style of comedy funny will be buried....i kid i kid...but no really....

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Disney Food Blog is a rumor reporting that Aloha Isle will close and dole whips would move to sunshine terrace. Then the adventureland verandah and aloha isle space would become a new Tiana themed restaurant...

I just read the article and it doesn't actually say that the Verandah is becoming the Tiana restaurant, just Aloha Isle.

wannabeBelle

And even if it isn't a full on character meal, just making it Tiana themed would draw more people to POFQ for dinner. If they make it a character meal with Tiana and Dr Faciliar then it could be a big draw (but please none of the other princesses, make it something unique!).
This would be awesome!!!! They could even do a character thing for breakfast at Boatwright's in PO Riverside. I'd love to see sit down breakfast options brought back to the Moderates. Marie

Sage of Time

DFB reports everything so I don't know how reliable they are...

but ugh, Tiana? In AdvL? Nooooooo.

Cody5294

Someone on Twitter said the restaurant was going to be themed to a ride in Adventureland. So my money would be Jungle Cruise based on the proximity

dstrawn9889

seems legit...
5cd9bdd28650fc93bc22bee882c69621.jpg

GrumpyFan

Not to mention Adventureland is not New Orleans Square.

May be a bit blasphemous to speak of and very Blue Sky, but what if the treehouse were removed and that whole area re-developed/themed into New Orleans Square with the river running right in front of it? Tiana's Palace could be built there as well as maybe a (dark) boat ride re-telling the story of Princess and the Frog, space permitting of course.

Last edited:

Sage of Time

May be a bit blasphemous to speak of and very Blue Sky, but what if the treehouse were removed and that whole area re-developed/themed into New Orleans Square with the river running right in front of it? Tiana's Palace could be built there as well as maybe a (dark) boat ride re-telling the story of Princess and the Frog, space permitting of course.
perish the thought.

Sped2424

Well I think it would not work at all, how does jungle cruise and pirates fit in then? It would make everything else well no longer cohesive.

MarkTwain

I really doubt the restaurant will be themed to Tiana. But 100% to play devil's advocate, Tokyo Disneyland's Adventureland has a small New Orleans-themed section, without billing it as its own land.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom