Adventureland Veranda - Skipper Canteen restaurant

So...several people have said it will be Jungle Cruise-ish and have expressed hope it will be like Adventure Club. Can someone tell me what was Adventure Club? Specifically, what made it so good that many are hoping it or something similar returns? Was it a restaurant or a bar? My Disney trips have all been pretty recent so I am a little lost.

bhg469

So...several people have said it will be Jungle Cruise-ish and have expressed hope it will be like Adventure Club. Can someone tell me what was Adventure Club? Specifically, what made it so good that many are hoping it or something similar returns? Was it a restaurant or a bar? My Disney trips have all been pretty recent so I am a little lost.
It was a bar with live actors that were very good in the craft of improv comedy. the building itself was a draw with a lot of decorative detail and Animatronics. It had a very devout following here. I'm not one of them But it sounded fun.

Rob562

Even though I'd love to see a return of the Adventurers Club in some fashion, after reading the Jungle Cruise theme rumors my guess is that this new restaurant will be more of a cross between Primetime Cafe and Whispering Canyon Cafe, but with a Jungle Cruise skipper tie-in.

-Rob

prfctlyximprct

But does Tiana fit in adventureland?

I feel like this can go either way. She did have quite an adventure down the bayou, and while I'd prefer a dark ride of this scene, this seems like a fun option. She does open a restaurant at the end of the movie, so it's insane that it's taken Disney this long to turn it into a real life eatery. I think POFQ would be a perfect place for a Tiana-themed restaurant but Adventureland seems an OK second choice.

I do wish they had more for little boys and all the tomboy little girls of the world, who want to eat with a pirate, or Woody and the Toy Story gang, or even all the Star Wars characters. But if we are getting another princess restaurant, I'd much prefer Tiana (who has no love in the parks) than the lovely two sisters stuck in an eternal winter.

aladdin2007

Would much rather the jungle cruise theme idea, another character princess dining thing thats impossible to get into is not what the park needs. And you can bet if its Tiana themed its going to include characters and be as expensive as the others. MK is in dire need of another regular non character meal sit down. I dont really think its a good fit theme wise, but theme placement with Disney these days seems to be skewed now and then. Put it in at Port Orleans in its defunct wasted space which needs to be a full service again.

Last edited:

Sped2424

Isn't there a rumor about Fultons in DTD being a New Orleans restaurant soon?
1065374_1341166689919_full.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom