Adventureland Veranda - Skipper Canteen restaurant

Communicore

It seems that unless they have a guest in every seat that they will not open another one up. I have been there when they have CM's queueing people up outside of the CS restaurants because you cannot even get in the doors and there were usable restaurants closed. It has never made sense to me. Many times I have left MK hungry because I either did not want to wait in line for 45 minutes to get a tuna sandwich and then have to wait 10 minute to be seated with people I did not know.

It was also open briefly for the week prior to Christmas in 2011. I had a bowl of Jambalaya there and it was pretty good.
I can vouch for that being open too. I think I emailed WYW about it.

Sage of Time

Ooooh. Looks like my prediction came true when it was announced that LTT was going down for a refurb.

VERY exciting. Between Sam's opening up and a AdvClub venue waiting in the wings, Disney is certainly doing right by Adventureland-esque establishments.

Sage of Time

Yeah....like Sunglasses Hut? Don't get me wrong, I'm super hopeful something nice goes in there, but the most recent example of WDW doing something within the confines of Adventureland is the horribly bland Sunglasses Hut store. Not very much theme in that locale.
Considering that the Sunglass Hut is just as bland as the shop that it replaced... I'd say it's a non change. Nothing new. Sadly. It could have been something REALLY great.

Sage of Time

Adventureland is still decent, it's just that carpet ride that ruins it. Give that ride the BAH/Horizons treatment, and Aventureland is instantly fixed. Oh yeah, if they don't want to BAH/Horizons it, move it to Morocco where it belongs.
Agreed with everything until you said that the spinner belongs in Morocco. It'd be just as ill fitting there as it is in Adventureland. EPCOT is about culture... not the place for a carnival ride.

Brian Swan

I would be pleased with ANY TS addition to MK. Given its location, a JC tie-in seems to be the only logical theming choice. I really like the "Adventurer's Club" concept for decor, but the AC was what it was as a result of the "impromtu" performances, cast member interactions, and let's face it - the drinks. I think they could make a very nice TS out of it, but it wouldn't be the AC. Another possibility is to move in the direction of Jungle Book and go for an Indian jungle theme, with Indian cuisine. But I wouldn't want to see Balloo Burgers, Kaa Crisps, and Sher-Khan Shakes...

doctornick

Adventureland is still decent, it's just that carpet ride that ruins it. Give that ride the BAH/Horizons treatment, and Aventureland is instantly fixed. Oh yeah, if they don't want to BAH/Horizons it, move it to Morocco where it belongs.

Morocco would be a terrible location, but they should/could find some space in DHS where it could belong. They need to reconfigure Animation Courtyard to fit something like that.

meyeet

Morocco would be a terrible location, but they should/could find some space in DHS where it could belong. They need to reconfigure Animation Courtyard to fit something like that.
I'm sure DHS will be getting a spinner withe the rumored Toy Story/Monsters Inc/Star Wars land additions. The question is which one? I'm guessing Star Wars with X-Wings and/or Tie Fighters! :rolleyes:

Magenta Panther

I'd love a Pirates-themed restaurant if it were heavily themed and if it had "characters" - by which I mean, pirates, wenches, that kind of thing. Adventurer's Club would be cool too (I think - I never had the pleasure of experiencing AC - in fact, I'd never even heard of it until just after it closed. :p)

ABQ

I'd love a Pirates-themed restaurant if it were heavily themed and if it had "characters" - by which I mean, pirates, wenches, that kind of thing. Adventurer's Club would be cool too (I think - I never had the pleasure of experiencing AC - in fact, I'd never even heard of it until just after it closed. :p)
Isn't Tortuga Tavern supposed to fulfill the pirate themed restaurant need? I never eat there though, so I don't know.

Magenta Panther

Isn't Tortuga Tavern supposed to fulfill the pirate themed restaurant need? I never eat there though, so I don't know.

I don't know either, because every time I've been to WDW, Tortuga Tavern has been closed. :p

But I have seen inside it, and meh....not the most scintillating piratical experience. Just a quick-service place. I was thinking along the lines of a Black Pearl/haunted ship motif. Wouldn't it be cool if TDO would build something like this:

chi583342SMALL.jpg

...but with a Black Pearl overlay? That would be SOOOO ubercool, and extremely popular, no doubt!

doctornick

It would be, if it were open most of the time.

I would like to see Tortuga Tavern and Diamond Horseshoe open regularly rather than seasonally -- not only can they help with dining, but they would enhance the placemaking of the area around them.

Tomorrowland Noodle would be good as well, but that is a location that would be perfect for quality re-theme. Maybe something like the Astronomers Club.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Thank you. Brilliant thinking that is not done by management.
You should work for TDO.
So many basic things that they have done wrong to pinch pennies.
If the parks are crowding, and for many years they have been packed, gives "guests" what they want and deserve-
Open those classic restaurants now!

But, But, But what if the customers don't come - my career will be over. Remember this is the same management which is afraid to order enough snack food at Sandy Cove at the GF, So usually snack food supply is depleted by 6PM because some manager is afraid of being dinged if he orders 'too much'.

Good luck in getting MORE restaurants opened in that atmosphere, My gut tells me WDW would FILL all the restaurants they opened.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Just because Disney's foolishly and myopically given up on EPCOT's theme doesn't mean that fans have to bolster their actions by asking for terrible additions to the parks.
Agreed. Don't let my statement read any more into it than is there. Disney used to care about culture at EPCOT. They do not any longer. And the park is massively worse off for it. I personally support nothing less than a full return to the mission that guided the park in it's conception, design, and construction. Disney does not seem to agree.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom