Adventureland Veranda - Skipper Canteen restaurant

Sage of Time

Agreed. Don't let my statement read any more into it than is there. Disney used to care about culture at EPCOT. They do not any longer. And the park is massively worse off for it. I personally support nothing less than a full return to the mission that guided the park in it's conception, design, and construction. Disney does not seem to agree.
Well said. If Morocco had a spinner added... ugh. Revolt. My favorite area in WDW.

tribbleorlfl

It closed in July of 1994 according to this article, which has most everything you could want to know about the restaurant including the menu it had in its final year:

http://www.omniluxe.net/wyw/advv.htm

It reopened briefly in 1998 while Pecos Bill's was under refurbishment.
What's funny, I've been going to the parks since the early 80's and I cannot recall even knowing there was a restaurant there, let alone actually eating there. Thanks for linking to some historical context.

PhilharMagician

Not a whole lot. Whatever it is will be rather small.

Yeah that is a small area to work with. Without creatively creating some more guest space I would be shocked that they would put in a table service restaurant. Wonder since the deck area on the canal side needs to be replaced that they just expand the building and add on dining space.

Rob562

Yeah that is a small area to work with. Without creatively creating some more guest space I would be shocked that they would put in a table service restaurant. Wonder since the deck area on the canal side needs to be replaced that they just expand the building and add on dining space.

Isn't there a second floor area similar to CHH or PVH?

-Rob

Lee

Adventurer
This is the main room, the bulk of the available space, and a smaller side room.
Not a huge space...
307nct3.jpg

image.jpg

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
It's right next to a Sunglass Hut and not far from a Starbucks, they are clearly turning it into a Chik Fil A or Panda Express
My sons would think that adding a Panda Express is the best thing Disney ever did. And my sons are the target audience for Adventureland, i think. Better not let them see this post.

lebeau

My sons would think that adding a Panda Express is the best thing Disney ever did. And my sons are the target audience for Adventureland, i think. Better not let them see this post.

We have one at Kings Island. If it's good enough for Cedar Fair... ;)

lebeau

That's the 11 year old's order. The 5 year old is content with a "junior" Orange Chicken.

Six Flags Great America near us has one, with prices only doubled from what they charge in the regular Panda Express.

Inside the Festhaus they now serve LaRosa's (local pizza) and Panda Express (chain Chinese). When I was a kid they served German food. What's next? Burritos?

horizons82

I didn't read every page of this thread (yet), so sorry if this has been said...

What I've always thought would be neat would be a Tiki Room themed restaurant with talking/singing birds and such. Kind of like a Rainforest Café but with some of the characters from the attraction and the occasional song, thunderstorm, and all of the various birds, flowers, etc. all doing the occasional number during the dinner.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom