Adventureland Veranda - Skipper Canteen restaurant

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
It was such thematic nonsense and a needless dumbing down.

Now, we get
Looks so much better, to me. A lot like Coronado without the (IMHO) odd pool placement and gross food.
Phew! CBR has once again made it back onto my list of resorts I will check prices on, decide they are too expensive, and look offsite. It had fallen off that list, so welcome back CBR!

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Dumb question back on topic. I tried to scan / search through this thread to see if it had been answered and failed to find it. Which means I'll post this question and someone will quote another post immediately pointing out how poorly I did my search in the first place.

Anywho.

I see the expiration date on the permit in the OP is set for 12/25/2015. Is it safe to assume that this thing is going to be open for business during the busy holiday season of this year, or will there be further permits going on that might extend the date into the future?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Dumb question back on topic. I tried to scan / search through this thread to see if it had been answered and failed to find it. Which means I'll post this question and someone will quote another post immediately pointing out how poorly I did my search in the first place.

Anywho.

I see the expiration date on the permit in the OP is set for 12/25/2015. Is it safe to assume that this thing is going to be open for business during the busy holiday season of this year, or will there be further permits going on that might extend the date into the future?

Project should be complete by December.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I would hope they would be able to complete a renovation of an existing (though in need of work) restaurant into a functioning restaurant within 10 months. They build Olive Gardens faster than that.
They also don't build Olive Gardens in the middle of the most popular theme park in the world.

Of course, I do agree that 10 months should be plenty of time here, depending on how much the layout changes inside.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Question - would this place have operating hours? I mean times when it was actually open. If so, beyond awesome.
You mean like half of the QS at MK (I exaggerate, but only slightly) that's never open (or open for very limited hours)? Even during near peak times (mid Aug?)

Lessee...

Diamond Horseshoe
Cheshire Cafe
Friar's Nook
Golden Oak
Tomorrowland Terrace

All examples...

Last edited:

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Phew! CBR has once again made it back onto my list of resorts I will check prices on, decide they are too expensive, and look offsite. It had fallen off that list, so welcome back CBR!
CBR never left that list. Call me nostalgic, but it's where I first took the kiddo, and I didn't mind the decor.

I don't want everything to look blase...and that, while neat and modern, looks...blase.

I am glad to see them getting rid of the comforters, though...what do you do with that bed "shawl"? Kick it off as you sleep?

It looks nice in pictures, and we had them at Contemporary last trip...and I'm not sure what purpose they serve aside from first impressions...then they get relegated to the floor or folded in a corner while you really use the bed.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Caribbean-Beach-Nemo-Room-0006.jpg

Was it gaudy? Yep.

Did it have odd theme? Yep.

Was it "Disney"?

To me, yes.

We were always very comfortable there. Frankly, I liked it MUCH better than my room at POFQ, which was run down and disgusting. Then again, I believe CBR had just moved to these designs recently in 2010...so...maybe that was it.

POFQ, while a similar "style", just felt run down and cheap. Along the lines of Pop. At least as far as the room goes (the resort is still amazing outside of the room experience I had).

POFQ-Room-FQrefurb-22xx-2011-3686_large.jpg

Little Green Men

You mean like half of the QS at MK (I exaggerate, but only slightly) that's never open (or open for very limited hours)? Even during near peak times (mid Aug?)

Lessee...

Diamond Horseshoe
Cheshire Cafe
Friar's Nook
Golden Oak
Tomorrowland Terrace

All examples...
Cheshire Cafe is seasonal?

Little Green Men

Ok. 1 out of 5.

Call it open.

I've run into Friar's Nook when it's open as well, but it closes early.

Not trying to discredit you, I'm just trying to add my knowledge which is that Cheshire Cafe probably doesn't belong on the list. :) You're correct though, MK does use quite a few restaurants only during busy times when they should be opened year round.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Not trying to discredit you, I'm just trying to add my knowledge which is that Cheshire Cafe probably doesn't belong on the list. :) You're correct though, MK does use quite a few restaurants only during busy times when they should be opened year round.
Oh, I didn't take it like that.

I've always been disappointed that Tomorrowland Terrace is closed when I visit in mid to late August (right as the "peak" dies) as it was my favorite MK restaurant growing up. Not for the view, but the food...back when I used to get dropped off at age 12 or so with an annual pass.

Little Green Men

Oh, I didn't take it like that.

I've always been disappointed that Tomorrowland Terrace is closed when I visit in mid to late August (right as the "peak" dies) as it was my favorite MK restaurant growing up. Not for the view, but the food...back when I used to get dropped off at age 12 or so with an annual pass.
Sorry you just miss it. I ate there a few years ago. It serves pretty similar foods to the Columbia Harbour House. I know they had a lobster roll and chicken nuggets.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Sorry you just miss it. I ate there a few years ago. It serves pretty similar foods to the Columbia Harbour House. I know they had a lobster roll and chicken nuggets.
That is NOT the menu they post online.

And it is NOT the restaurant that is open...even though the site says it is.

And is an example of how they manipulate the stuff I said earlier...in another thread.

Tomorrowland Terrace should hardly be considered a food option, and yet, the site says it's open all the time. When in fact, it is not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom