Additional Info on "The Laugh Floor" storyline

dxwwf3

wannab@dis said:
There are really not that many "kiddie only" rides.

Ok a better term would be "kiddie focused"

Magic Carpets of Aladdin, Change at the Diamond Horseshoe, Pooh's Playful Spot, Mickey's Toontown Fair (just about everything), SGE, Loss of Galaxy Place theater show. Just to name a few.

wannab@dis said:
I'm having difficulty figuring out how most of the attractions at MK are not geared towards everyone.

Most are and it's probably not as bad as it may seem to me, but it just gets frustrating when it seems every new change announced for the MK doesn't seem to have much appeal to adults. Oh well :wave:

wannab@dis

dxwwf3 said:
Ok a better term would be "kiddie focused"

Magic Carpets of Aladdin, Change at the Diamond Horseshoe, Pooh's Playful Spot, Mickey's Toontown Fair (just about everything), SGE, Loss of Galaxy Place theater show. Just to name a few.

Most are and it's probably not as bad as it may seem to me, but it just gets frustrating when it seems every new change announced for the MK doesn't seem to have much appeal to adults. Oh well :wave:
Maybe "childless" adults would be a better term?

As I said, I honestly feel that MK is spot on with the family attractions. It appears that "The Laughing Floor" may be another one geared at everyone.

JRawkSteady

imagineer boy said:
It was a HUGE mistake to replace AE. So what if some kids got scared? Their parents ignored the signs. That's their fault. The thing about AE that I really liked, was that it gave a break from the whole kiddie feel of the park. As much as I still do like the MK, I can't help but feel a little "kiddied out" and it makes me wanna go home and watch a violent R rated movie. AE carried out that function for teens, and the Indiana Jones Adventure in DL carries out that function as well.

AE was a great attraction! I agree with you... SGE is definitely not geared towards any specific group.. kids are scared because it's dark, and adults are bored because nothing actually happens! I wish I could build my own AE in my backyard.. that would be a lot of fun! ;)

DDuckFan130

I look forward to see what is done with this attraction. I looked forward to SGE, but I knew it wouldn't be a favorite. AE was never a favorite either, and frankly got boring after a while. Also, towards the end of its run, I never really saw much of a line for it. Could be wrong though. SGE is cute and I enjoyed it, but much like AE, lost its appeal after a few times.

Timekeeper never interested me, and I never saw it more than once. I hope this new attraction will be good, but call me crazy when I say I can't really know until I actually see it :hammer:

Oh, and as far as fitting with the theme, why doesn't anyone (unless I missed it) mention Splash not fitting in with the theme of Frontierland...or Tom Sawyer's Island? :veryconfu

Just a few thoughts.

CaptainMichael

DDuckFan130 said:
IOh, and as far as fitting with the theme, why doesn't anyone (unless I missed it) mention Splash not fitting in with the theme of Frontierland...or Tom Sawyer's Island? :veryconfu
I did:wave:

Someone said that even though it is character based, it fits the theme of its land perfectly...I said no.

Pongo

DDuckFan130 said:
Oh, and as far as fitting with the theme, why doesn't anyone (unless I missed it) mention Splash not fitting in with the theme of Frontierland...or Tom Sawyer's Island? :veryconfu

I think that as long as the characters talk with a twang, people don't have a problem with it being "frontier".

:lookaroun

PurpleDragon

horizons1983 said:
Thats funny, I was just thinking that. Didn't Walt Disney originally plan Fantasyland as the land for rides based on his movies? Why is Fantasyland moving all over the property!?! Somebody stop the madness! :dazzle:

Mike Tenuto

As someone stated before each land was built to promote one or more of Walts movies, shows, books, etc...

-Fantasyland was used to promote his animated films
-Fronteirland was used to promote live action movies like Davey Crocket.
-Adventureland was used to promote even more of Walts shows and movies, such as his Wildlife TV program and Swiss family robinson.
-Tomorrowland was supposed to represet future projects he hoped to produce if I'm not mistaken.

So really every attraction in MK is losely based on one or more of Disney's movies, shows, childrens record albums, books, etc...

DDuckFan130

STR8FAN2005 said:
I did:wave:

Someone said that even though it is character based, it fits the theme of its land perfectly...I said no.
Ah ok...I didn't read through all the posts :lookaroun

I think that as long as the characters talk with a twang, people don't have a problem with it being "frontier".

So let's just stick every Latin American country in the Mexico pavilion...because we all speak Spanish and must all use sombreros and maracas :lookaroun

Ok, end thread drift :lol:

imagineer boy

DDuckFan130 said:

Well, splash mountain is a little bit of a stretch, but it does fit the theme. Technically, many theme parks that have some sort of wild west theme have some sort of log ride and the same is said for frontierland. Plus, the whole themeing of Splash has a feel of rusticness like the rest of Frontierland. Besides, didn't Song of the South take place during the 1800s? Well, technically, that's when the rest of Frontierland is set. Monsters Inc takes place in the present ( judging by the looks of Boo's room ) while Tomorrowland is set in the distant future ( even though its romantisized ).

And as for Tom Sawyer's island, how could it not fit the theme of Frontierland? It fits it perfectly. Like I said before, Tom Sawyer takes place in the same time period, and it has a rustic wildnerness feel about it.

wannab@dis

imagineer boy said:
Well, splash mountain is a little bit of a stretch
Maybe Monsters Inc will be "a little bit of a stretch". :wave:

By the way... there's nothing "frontier" about Splash Mtn. It was set in the south on a plantation far from the frontier. ;)

DDuckFan130

imagineer boy said:
Well, splash mountain is a little bit of a stretch, but it does fit the theme. Technically, many theme parks that have some sort of wild west theme have some sort of log ride and the same is said for frontierland. Plus, the whole themeing of Splash has a feel of rusticness like the rest of Frontierland. Besides, didn't Song of the South take place during the 1800s? Well, technically, that's when the rest of Frontierland is set. Monsters Inc takes place in the present ( judging by the looks of Boo's room ) while Tomorrowland is set in the distant future ( even though its romantisized ).

And as for Tom Sawyer's island, how could it not fit the theme of Frontierland? It fits it perfectly. Like I said before, Tom Sawyer takes place in the same time period, and it has a rustic wildnerness feel about it.
Not buying it :lol:

Song of the South is based on a series of stories told by an African-American slave from the south. Tom Sawyer is a Mark Twain story that takes place in the south. Frontierland is the Wild West.

*shrugs*

PurpleDragon

wannab@dis said:

By the way... there's nothing "frontier" about Splash Mtn. It was set in the south on a plantation far from the frontier. ;)

Yea since technically it will be featuring "A new form of power" (i.e. Laughter) which is something that may be used in the future. :animwink:

dxwwf3

wannab@dis said:

It doesn't matter anymore really, IMO. The New Tomorrowland is dead so now the land doesn't have a unified theme anymore. The thing that set apart the NT was that it was really the first time a MK land was COMPLETELY unified. Even CoP and Dreamflight fit because of the "Tomorrowland Metro Retro Society" tag. But now I don't think Monsters Inc will have any trouble fitting into Fantasyland East......er Tomorrowland :animwink:

As long as the attraction turns out good and people enjoy it, it doesn't matter anymore at all.

nibblesandbits

JRawkSteady said:
I actually wasn't a huge fan of 2K Leagues. I just think that instead of two playgrounds (one which also consists of a meet & greet), they could build another attraction with all that space. Why do we need more than 3 playgrounds in The Magic Kingdom? There's already one in Mickey's Toontown Fair. I
And they still can build an attraction. But wouldn't you rather see them build a great attraction that they have spent lots of time on or would you rather seem the put in some "crappy" attraction...much like many of you think that TLF will be like?

imagineer boy

DDuckFan130 said:
Not buying it :lol:

Song of the South is based on a series of stories told by an African-American slave from the south. Tom Sawyer is a Mark Twain story that takes place in the south. Frontierland is the Wild West.

*shrugs*

Just because it doesn't particuarly fit the name, doesn't mean it doesn't fit. As said on the Disneyland show opening thing, Frontierland was "Tall tales and true of the legendary past." If it makes it into the time period, then that plays a MAJOR factor in the placement of the ride

BTW, Tom Sawyer doens't take place in the South. It takes place in Hannibal Missiouri which is a town along the Mississippi.:wave:

Pongo

imagineer boy said:
And as for The Laugh Floor, how could it not fit the theme of Tomorrowland? It fits it perfectly. Like I said before, Monsters, Inc. takes place in an alternate universe and it has a futurististic sci-fi feel about it.

See what a little change can bring about?

;)

imagineer boy

Pongo said:
See what a little change can bring about?

;)

Still, it doesn't take place in the future. Like I said, time period is a major factor.

Besides, aside from the traveling doors, the Monsters Inc world very much is similar to our present scociety ( just "monsterified" ).

CaptainMichael

imagineer boy said:
Still, it doesn't take place in the future. Like I said, time period is a major factor.

Besides, aside from the traveling doors, the Monsters Inc world very much is similar to our present scociety ( just "monsterified" ).
How do you know what time period the "attraction" takes place in???

I've never known Monsters to die...whose to say that this isn't the future?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom