Additional Info on "The Laugh Floor" storyline

dr_teeth90210

Original Poster
The Laugh Floor Comedy Club (Early 2007)

This all-new Tomorrowland experience, scheduled to debut in early 2007, gives Magic Kingdom guests the opportunity to participate in a live, interactive comedy show with some of their favorite characters from Monsters Inc., including Mike Wazowski.

Having discovered that "laughter is 10x more powerful than scream,"The Laugh Floor at Monsters Inc. has been trasnformed into a comedy club for visiting humans- the goal: gather big laughs and plenty of them.

The "monster of ceremonies" for this funny bussiness is Mike Wazowski. It was his idea to try for group laughs by bringing a bunch of humans to collect laughs in bulk, rather then visiting one closet at a time.

Management, as represented by Roz, is not exactly sold on the idea, so the preasure is on Mike to make his scheme work. Various animated monster comedians take the "digital" stage to build the laughs, while a laugh canister and board measure the amount of laughter to make sure Mike achives his goal.

Mike and his fellow comedians provide interactive oppurtunites for guest participation, using classic techniques such as improv and of playful teasing.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
biggbird5182 said:
They don't need anymore things like Turtle Talk! Turtle Talk (excuse my language) sucked!

I agree.

Also... as a side note... The only thing worse than Turtle Talk... is the queue right in the middle of Living Seas... for Turtle Talk. Worst planning for a queue... EVER! :hammer:

Pabgo

DMC-12 said:
I agree.

Also... as a side note... The only thing worse than Turtle Talk... is the queue right in the middle of Living Seas... for Turtle Talk. Worst planning for a queue... EVER! :hammer:

That's what I was JUST thinking! They just kind of threw it right out there! I agree, it is the worst planned queue ever!!! What were they thinking?:hammer:

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
What is going to happen when people eventually stop laughing? I predict monumental brownouts in Monstropolis. How many times will people laugh at the same joke? :lookaroun I think the residents of Monstropolis should pay a visit to the WDWMagic Hurricane Survival thread to pick up some great tips on generators and how to survive without electricity. :lookaroun

MagicDreams50

biggbird5182 said:
They don't need anymore things like Turtle Talk! Turtle Talk (excuse my language) sucked!

I actually enjoy turtle talk.... :lookaroun
But I do agree that this doesn't sound like a good idea... but you never know!

AngryEyes

Well, it does say they'll use improv and playful teasing, leading one to believe it won't be the same jokes over and over. I bet the kids will love it.

Chape19714

Ok...let's not start the whole theming debate, that's in the other thread.

Sounds interesting, Turtle Talk's technology with this might just make it really worthwhile. Besides, TurtTalk is extrememly popular, so another attraction like it will do very well.

ballewclan

I'm not saying it wont be a good show, I just think were reusing too many ideas. Its nice that Disney can reuse, but it would be amazing if they didnt do it so much. I hope the show turns out to be innovative.

MiklCraw4d

tiggerific418 said:
What is going to happen when people eventually stop laughing? I predict monumental brownouts in Monstropolis. How many times will people laugh at the same joke? :lookaroun I think the residents of Monstropolis should pay a visit to the WDWMagic Hurricane Survival thread to pick up some great tips on generators and how to survive without electricity. :lookaroun

Haha I thought something similar... what happens when the ride gets a few years under its belt and the crowd dies down... I can see a dozen kids in the theater alone screaming their lungs out to try to keep Sully's power on.

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
ballewclan said:
I'm not saying it wont be a good show, I just think were reusing too many ideas. Its nice that Disney can reuse, but it would be amazing if they didnt do it so much. I hope the show turns out to be innovative.

ok so basically its the same "ride technology" the interactive show.... How is that any different than omnimovers, or circlevisions, or 3d movies..

autumndawn1006

Even those of you who don't like Turtle Talk have to admit the real time animation technology is amazing. The Monsters Comedy show is a chance for the Imagineers to take the technology a step further. The worst case scenario we have here is maybe the show's story line won't be great or well received, but the technology can be improved for the next shows and rides.

We're not talking about a huge amount of space here. The only possibilities are to keep Timekeeper, replace it with a stage show, replace it with another animatronics show, or try something new. Let's give them a chance to develop the technology. Hopefully in a few years it can be implemented into rides and shows beyond the expectations of the most creative team of imagineers.

-SIR-

This sounds allot like what happened with stitch... a totally original attraction with great imagination being replaced by a movie tie in that while it is still imaginative is not quite what we have gotten from WDI in the past.. plus its not even WDI's original idea... it's pixar's.... im not super thrilled about this at all, however ill give it a chance because I tend to trust WDI... only thing is i fear that the tomorrowland that i knew and loved (and wasnt even yet out of date) is being swept away before our eyes ....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom