Actual quote from Guest...

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
this thread really is turning myself off from wanting to go to disney again escply some of the comments from CM's. way to ruin disney for me and the family.but none of you all ever made a lame comment or mistake "EVER" in your life right?

Maybe you shouldn't be reading this thread. :shrug:

bassman

ive heard a few classic during my vists to wdw.

i heard one woman this last year talkin to her husband at MK,they were stood right in front of the main street station and she insisted that they had just used the walt disney world railroad to get here "because it was the one where the tunnel when through that hotel,remember?". that one made me laugh.:brick:

ive heard people asking where Harry Potter is.:cry::brick:

i heard one woman in HM saying in discust "that ride was filthy,they should clean it out".i wasnt sure if she was joking or not.:lookaroun

not really hearing things but one of my funnyest moments was whilst i was in the ToT pre show room and there was this group of guys n girls about 20 yrs old or so.
now the bell hop was awesome,he stayed in character all the time and he jokingly said to one of the girls "you might want to hold on,this is when you drop"
well with that she screamed like a bandshee and grabbed hold of one of her male friends arms.everyone in the room was in histerics and the bell hop STILL stayed in character.has anything like this ever happened to anyone else?

echoscot

I have two pretty good ones...

If I have posted these before I apologize just scan past and keep reading...

While working in Entertainment at the Studios a British guest came up to me (nothing against British, but the proper accent and all made it even funnier) looks straight at me and asks:

"Excuse me, Goofy...uhmmm Goofy....Why does your collar say Pluto?"

I just looked back at him, and thank goodness he couldn't see my face.

The next working as a coordinator with the Green Army Men for a rope drop ceremony on Super Soap Weekend ( and boy you learn to get out of the way FAST on those morning cause there's a lot of ambitious soap fans and housewives who will just mow you down to get to their stars)

A couple approaches me with a map (they had done some pre-planning, but I could see the trouble coming)

Woman: gestures to map "Where is this Earthquake thing?"

Me: "That's at Universal Studios, this is the Disney-MGM Studios."

Woman: gestures to map again "Okay, then where is this King Kong thing?"

Me: the model of good patience "That is also at Universal Studios, not here, this is the Disney-MGM Studios"

Woman: one more try "All right, well how do we get to those things?"

Me: "Well, you need to go back to your car and head east on I-4 about 5-10 miles and you will see signs for it."

Woman:exasperated now "You mean none of this stuff is here?"

Me: trying not to laugh "No ma'am, that is a map of Universal Studios, they are a competitor, this is the Disney-MGM Studios, part of the Walt Disney World Complex. They are two different things. I have a map of this park right here if you would like it."

Woman: turns to husband, folds map and starts smacking him with it "I tole ya we bought the wrong [darn] tickets"

Me: turns away unable to keep from smiling at this pleasant exchange

Anyway, there are a lot of others that I have heard as a CM, but those are two of my favorites.:D

TheKeeler7

Coming back on the boatride from fort wilderness passing the Contemporary Resort, teen son asks dad, "Dad, is that the airport" We laughed.

This reminds me of a time when we boarded the boat at FW. two young boys were next to us. As we pulled out in to Bay lake the younger exclaimed "Wow were in the ocean" The older one was quick to correct him and as we passed the Comtemp and entered seven sea's lagoon stated "Now this is the ocean"

We had a good laugh from it.

TheKeeler7

-I was standing in the single rider line on EE and a mother and her daughter were at the front of the line. When the CM walks over and says I need a single rider the mother said, "Oh I wanted to ride with my daughter. We don't want to get separated.":brick:

I just got back today from the world. One Tuesday as we were in line for Test Track a family of 3 came up the single rider line. The father went thru then the CM asked the son how old he was. When he stated his age the CM politely informed the mother that he was too young to ride alone. The mother argued that they were together, at which time the CM informed them they had to go to the end of the stand-by line because they were not single riders. having waited in line 45 minutes, this brought a smile to my face.:)

kstella

While working in Entertainment at the Studios a British guest came up to me (nothing against British, but the proper accent and all made it even funnier) looks straight at me and asks:

The next working as a coordinator with the Green Army Men for a rope drop ceremony on Super Soap Weekend ( and boy you learn to get out of the way FAST on those morning cause there's a lot of ambitious soap fans and housewives who will just mow you down to get to their stars)

A couple approaches me with a map (they had done some pre-planning, but I could see the trouble coming)

Me: the model of good patience "That is also at Universal Studios, not here, this is the Disney-MGM Studios"

Me: "Well, you need to go back to your car and head east on I-4 about 5-10 miles and you will see signs for it."

Me: trying not to laugh "No ma'am, that is a map of Universal Studios, they are a competitor, this is the Disney-MGM Studios, part of the Walt Disney World Complex. They are two different things. I have a map of this park right here if you would like it."

Woman: turns to husband, folds map and starts smacking him with it "I tole ya we bought the wrong [darn] tickets"

Anyway, there are a lot of others that I have heard as a CM, but those are two of my favorites.:D

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

How culturally unaware can you be!!!:veryconfu

cococola44

Those brittish people! Me too!
LOL

I had one say "give goofy a cudle" i rolled my eyes. :shrug:

EPCOT.nut

Yeah, but Baby Boomers and older people come from a time when there was "Disneyland" and it had a castle and came on TV every Sunday night. It is a matter of convenience to them to link the WDW Magic Kingdom to the name "Disney World." :wave:

YES when I say I am going to Disney, I mean Magic Kingdom. That was "Going to Disney" when I was a kid. So they built 3 other parks. If I am not going to Magic Kingdom then I am going to EPCOT, AK or MGM - otherwise I am going to DISNEY! :lol:

Deal with it! :ROFLOL:

EDIT - POST 1,000! Yep it was a rant, too! YAY!

joanna71985

That is too funny!

Piscataway! =)

Yay!!

kcw

why shouldn't i read it? so now I'll be going to bahama's instead people aren't as rude there. thanks

no one has been rude...:veryconfu Usually if something offends someone they choose not to listen, watch, or read... that's all the poster meant!

cococola44

why shouldn't i read it? so now I'll be going to bahama's instead people aren't as rude there. thanks

You are complaining about this thread...

Like people can't share inside jokes and statements?

honestly...WDW cast memebers are some of the best and nicest people around. People who truly love what they do. If you choose to not share the memories of wdw then that is your decision and your loss. :wave:

Have a magical day!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom