Actual quote from Guest...

RiversideBunny

This site of course attracts zealous WDW fans or at least those who are doing some homework before visiting.

What percentage of the WDW visitors I wonder, on any given day, go there with no prior knowledge about WDW, not even from a guide book.
They just show up and start the experience from scratch.

:)

Craig & Lisa

This site of course attracts zealous WDW fans or at least those who are doing some homework before visiting.

What percentage of the WDW visitors I wonder, on any given day, go there with no prior knowledge about WDW, not even from a guide book.

Uh........ we did when we first went in 1997 :rolleyes:, but learned about the Unofficial guide after that.:animwink:

bradg84

You get used to it after a while.

I'm a bit more annoyed by park-specific things. I've heard Test Track called Fast Track, Race Track, Fast Pass, Quick Track, Race Car and "That Car Ride." I've heard Fast Pass called Fast Track, EZ Pass, Quick Pass, Quick Track, Test Pass, Fast Ticket, the "Ticket Thingy," and other things that shouldn't be repeated in polite company (mostly by Cast Members). I heard the monorail called The Tram and The Train more often than "monorail."

Don't worry, I'm not one of those people that freaks out when things aren't called by their proper name (though it's sure confusing when a Guest asks whether they need a "Quick Track for Fast Pass"). I do cringe just a bit, though.

You're better than I am. I never was rude to the guests, but it definitely irritated me and something that other cast members and I complained about backstage.

Even back in the real world, as my college program is long over, I still usually call parks and rides by their full names and refer to the world as Walt Disney World.

sillyspook13

Sometimes guests say dumb things that have nothing to do with lack of planning.

One night in World Showcase a man pointed to a distant storm cloud and said, in the thickest southern drawl I've ever heard (and I'm from the south!), "Thar's fireworks comin' outa that thar cloud!":brick:

Captain Hank

You're better than I am. I never was rude to the guests, but it definitely irritated me and something that other cast members and I complained about backstage.

Even back in the real world, as my college program is long over, I still usually call parks and rides by their full names and refer to the world as Walt Disney World.
Well...I wouldn't say that I didn't get annoyed. :D

It just usually wasn't about terminology (though there were some persistant guests that insisted it was "EZ Pass," when there was a big sign that said "Fastpass" just behind them. They were fun.)

After being asked where Soarin's Fastpass/EZ Pass/Quick Pass/etc. was for the 50th time in 2 hours--I kept count--I was ready to do some seriously un-Disneylike things to the next person who asked. Thankfully, I was able to restrain myself until I was safely backstage and out of earshot. :)

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
I overheard a woman say this to their daughter walking through Epcot:

"Keep drinking that water...until....you stop drinking it!"

wow.

:hammer:

It makes perfect sense to me :shrug:

:lol:

You'd be scared to hear the way my family talks to each other... that could have easily come out of my mouth!! :D

philsfan2185

In World Showcase one day, a guest asked a co-worker of mine, "Hey buddy, where can I find the Chinese restaurant at?" My friend replied, "............uuuuh China?"

phenom1307

when i was coming back from break one time i heard some guest yelling "hey its donald duck!!!" and i look over only to see launchpad standing over there.

i love when the guest say they went to disney world today and i say "you mean magic kindgom?" and of course you get the response "no, disney world...the one with the castle.":hammer:

so many people asked while i was driving the tram if it would take them to magic kingdom, epcot, etc..

while driving the tram we also got asked if it was the safari

someone asked me where they should park for epcot (while at DAK)...LOL....i was like you might try the parking lot at epcot...

a family got on the tram at the main entrance to DAK and 2 stops later into the parking lot, got off, came back to me and asked where the entrance to animal kingdom was....i pointed to where they had just gotten on from

another guest told me that i couldnt f***in' make him fold up his stroller

i have so many more if anyone else wants to hear then or not...lol

all of which gave me some huge headaches :brick:

AstareGod

Here are a few...

I've heard the monorail referred to as an airplane. I've never known any airplane that runs on tracks and never lifts off the ground.

A little girl at The Seas said the dolphins were flying.

A father told his son at DAK that some sort of deer (not sure of the exact one) was a "bull-cow".

Another woman at DAK thought the bats were sleeping because it was hot, but no, in fact they're sleeping because they're nocturnal.

When Disney isn't providing entertainment, the guests sure are. That's one thing I absolutely love about Disney and why I went there so many times on my days off.

bennyw01

walking through WS has its funny moments, last time iw as walking past germany and my brother goes "whats snow white got to do with germany?" as she was doing a meet and greet with the dwarfs.... and this guy just comes running at us "I JUST SAID THAT WHAT THE HELL!" and this guy is making the hugest scene/fuss like pointing to his family like " i told you so i told you so!" and literally everyone is looking at this guy going :brick:

you always get the random familys getting the countries wrong, i remember once walking through mexico and some on going, "ive beeeeeeeeen to portugal and it doesnt look a thing like this! walt you got it alll wrong!" :brick: i think earlier the person got it right in the eyes of mencia.... when in mexico DUH DEE DEE!

scole3388

when i was coming back from break one time i heard some guest yelling "hey its donald duck!!!" and i look over only to see launchpad standing over there.

Hey, Nick, when do you go back to Purdue? My daughter's a senior there in HTM. I tried to get her to do her internship at WDW, but she worked for PMU instead - no comparison! Go Boilers!

mpoppins76

This wasn't overheard but was actually said to me when I was working a CP shift at MK. I was walking from the Castle hub towards the Tea Cups (right at the base of the Castle) and was stopped by a couple and asked "Excuse me, but where is Cinderella's Castle?".

*snicker* :hammer:

I did manage to keep my "good CM" composure, and Disney-two-finger pointed to it right next to us and said "That's it right there." To which they replied, "Oh. We weren't sure if that was the right one."
:shrug::veryconfu Not sure how many castles they thought we had.....:lol:

AstareGod

you always get the random familys getting the countries wrong, i remember once walking through mexico and some on going, "ive beeeeeeeeen to portugal and it doesnt look a thing like this! walt you got it alll wrong!" :brick: i think earlier the person got it right in the eyes of mencia.... when in mexico DUH DEE DEE!
I remember some woman was heading over to Italy because she was so excited she was about to see Jasmine.

mermaid1

better than the one me and my brother saw at IOA.

cat in the hat doing meet and greet.

the most red neck guy i have ever seen, beer in hand, flag of the south t shirts, the works!

"hey look darlin! its dr suess!"

me and my brother laughed for hours, maybe he should stop hitting the goose or moose juice. :lol:

I just choked on my morning juice reading this!:ROFLOL: Very clever!
Mermaid1

mermaid1

I always wondered about the term "ride" because I have always called them attractions, which is what Walt called them. Disney is a totally immersible experience, so I would not thnk of something as a ride, except maybe a few of the roller coasters such as Screamin at DCA or even the whole area of Paradise Pier since it has a carnival feel. But POTC, Jungle Cruise and the rest are adventures, not simply rides to me. I have never referred to any of them as rides, since I was a kid in the 60's I have always called them attractions or adventures. To me that is what they are. I know other's might see tham as simply rides, but they are much more than that!

It's the people standing in front of an elevator on the first floor at the Contemporary and saying to one another, this "should" go up to our floor, ya think?":hammer: hoo boy....
mermaid

mermaid1

THAT IS SCARY! Really, you think people actually go there with NO knowledge of the Parks at all?:eek: Holy Moly!!! I could not even fathom what that would be like! TOTAL MAYHEM!!!!!! Which is why there are these funny stories....I guess HAHAHA!:ROFLOL:
Mermaid1

accord99cutie

Premium Member

What I cant understand is the people who dont find out info on their resort before going and then complain about the size and amount of walking they had to do/amount of bus stops and people at them etc.... if they were smart they would have found out about the resorts before picking one!

J_Krafty24

I've got 2

Mother to girl who is dragging her feet on the street while being pushed in a stroller
"stop dragging your feet - do you want to end up like your daddy? - missing your toe!"

Little boy in the bathroom stall next to my husband
"FIRE IN DA HOLE"

EpcotGrl

At Ice Station Cool:
"What happened to the penguins? There were penguins when we were here last year!"

In line for SSE, early morning:
"No, honey, no one's watching, just go." *entire line turns around to see kid peeing in the bushes*

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom