Accident at Disneyland (CA)

Gregory

While I may not agree 100% with what The_CEO said about Matenance being bad (I don't agree with anything yet, as we don't know what happened), whats the problem?

Who cares if The_CEO was "factually innacurate"... Its not like there was a whole long post about how WDW would be closing because of the crash- it was a small comment... Everyone here isn't a walking Disney-dictionary. While The_CEO knows a lot about Disney (obviously), its impossible to completely track everything going on in the world, remember it, and proof read everything you've said to make sure its 100% correct...

"CEO, what the hell is wrong with you?"???? Thats uncalled for- sure, 11 people were injured, with one dead (not sure if (s)hes included in the 11, or what, as there are no real facts yet...); but theres no problem with being mad with Matenence if you think they're to blame. I'm not saying they are, but everyones entitled to their opinion, and that was CEO's... Plus, maybe its not The_CEO that has something wrong... maybe its the people who feel they need to pick through every post?

BTW- thats really a shame that that happened... Admittedly, the rides all could use an update, and I was almost waiting for something like this to happen... but, its too bad for the people injured, and the family of the (wo)man who died.

josh_e_washie

They have stated many a time on the news that the ride is computer controlled, but this DOES NOT rule out CM error!!! THIS IS REALLY BAD PEOPLE......:( :( :(

josh_e_washie

guy on msnbc from ca police department says...the engine is off the track..as to whether or not it broke apart is still unknown...there IS one fatality and many minor injuries...the rides do undergo routine maintenence...they are not sure how many people were on the ride because many people evacuated themselves after the engine derailed...it was a busy day at DL...the one person that was in critical condition was upgraded to serious condition...

MKCustodial

Re: BTM accident

Originally posted by yensid354
IMHO, this will turn out to be a 'customer' in the park that was looking for a payday, and had some pretty severe unintended consequence.

That's one of the explanations I'd buy. That and freak accident. I mean, I can proof read my work 10 times, and I'm bound to let something slip. When you do something every day, you may do it with triple care, and today it may heve been done just with double care... You never know, right?

But one thing I wanna say is this: we have seen for years how Disney has been giving more attention to new parks, resorts and attractions and has been forgetting its old ways, how every morning everything would seem freshly painted and so on. Now, I'm not saying they're being careless with security, I really don't want to believe that, but you have to admit that maintanence hasn't been the same as it was, what 20 years ago? That's the only point I agree with CEO, the rest... Well, yeah, it was a bit harsh... ;)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Originally posted by josh_e_washie
They have stated many a time on the news that the ride is computer controlled, but this DOES NOT rule out CM error!!! THIS IS REALLY BAD PEOPLE......:( :( :(

I would find it hard to believe it was CM error. A derailment would suggest to me to be a physical failure, such as metal fatigue on the under-carriage. However all this is just speculation right now.

UncleJeet

Yes, but what caused the physical failure to pick this particular trip to derail on? That's where possible human error can creep in. Not negligence, mind you - maybe not even error in the sense that the CM would have any reason to know any better. However, I have a hard time bringing myself to believe that a part (or parts) that was either faulty or did not meet safety regulations at least minimally, would be allowed to pass the maintenance inspections.

UncleJeet

DisneyFan 2000

This is horrible!!!! People come to the happiest place on earth and this is their expirience?!!??!?? That is awful!!! Hope everyone makes it!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom