Accident at Disneyland (CA)

MKCustodial

Originally posted by mkt
when I took traditions it was 2 days, plus local area training. Now traditions is only a few hours long. It disgusts me.

Mine was like that, 2 days at Disney U including a stroll around MK wearing a suit! :eek: :lol:

GaryT977

So what you guys are saying is that something like this was inevitable, and now that someone has died, maybe things will change?

That's truly sad. :(

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Originally posted by GaryT977
So what you guys are saying is that something like this was inevitable, and now that someone has died, maybe things will change?

That's truly sad. :(

that's exactly what I've been saying... and yes it is sad

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
one of my friends who works in DL sent me this from his cast portal view. I edited out some contact information:

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

Fellow Cast Members:
Today a terrible tragedy occurred at Big Thunder Mountain Railroad where approximately 10 people were injured and one fatally.
We are shocked and saddened by this heartbreaking incident. Safety is of the utmost importance for us at the Disneyland Resort, making today even more difficult. We have been cooperating with the Anaheim Fire Department, Anaheim Police Department and Division of Occupational Safety and Health in their investigation.
For those of you who may have been directly affected by this incident, we have made counselors immediately available to you. If you need to speak with someone, please call ___________ at (___) ___-____, tell them you are a Disneyland Resort Cast Member and you will get the care you need. We will also have counselors available on-site Saturday, September 6, at the Cast Health Center.
Many of you have asked how you can help. Today, I ask that you join me in extending your hearts and prayers to the individuals and families of those affected by this tragedy. The strength and compassion of this Cast has, and always will, lead us through difficult times.
Cynthia

SewIn2Disney

I find it ironic that everyone is posting the articles that they found on thier internet providers home page (aol, cnn, etc.) My internet provider is the new Disney version of MSN and it never had one word of this incident on my homepage. Ironic or what?

SpongeScott

Originally posted by The_CEO
You mean the CM who checked the lap bars?

They were all found down in their locked postions.
I'm not trying to sound negative here, but where are you getting information like this?

Also, I read on an earlier post that the guy who died did not die of a heart attack and very early reports said that he was impaled. Anyone know any details of what caused his death?

The_CEO

Originally posted by SpongeScott
I'm not trying to sound negative here, but where are you getting information like this?

Miceage.com...?:rolleyes: I'm not lying check it out...

Didn't say they werent thrown from their seats tho.

PhotoDave219

Originally posted by SpongeScott

Also, I read on an earlier post that the guy who died did not die of a heart attack and very early reports said that he was impaled. Anyone know any details of what caused his death?

He was in teh front row of the train when it crahed into teh back of teh detached loco.

Or so ive heard.

The_CEO

Infact...

"At about 11:22 a.m. the ride E-stopped (Emergency Stopped) and cast members accounted for all trains except one. After a lot of confusion riders in the crashed car then began exiting the tunnel after removing themselves from their wrecked train. (This made it difficult to account for exactly how many passengers were actually on the train.) Apparently the "engine" had somewhat disintegrated during the sharp curve in the tunnel, and it appears that the first passenger vehicle behind it rammed in underneath it injuring the two riders in the first seat as its fiberglass shell disintegrated. It may well have been this impact that slammed the "engine" on down the track. Lap bars were found down and locked in place on all the passengers, including the two most badly injured in front."

- Al Lutz - Mice Age.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I just read this ....erm....we'll call it an "article" for now.

Remember..just because it's posted on the internet, doesn't mean it's credible. The website as a whole has an anti-disney slant to it, so take it with a grain of salt. Amazing how this guy has all these "sources" but doesn't name names....just vague references.

If I believed everything I saw on the computer I would have already:

Won $250,000
Been in a foursome with young asian girls
Have genitals the size of a cadillac
Repair and fix mine, yours, and everybody's credit problems - all with the click of a button.

I'm not saying all the information is wrong...some of it may be very true. I've never heard of this as a reputable news source. And until such time that I do, I'll believe people that don't put their own spin on things.

Bagheera

MousePlanet will be covering this story on an ongoing basis until there is nothing left to report. We're trying to keep everything on a confirmed and unbiased basis. The link to our coverage is in my sig.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Last I checked, there was no advertising for other sites on these boards.....

Besides...why go someplace else when we can get information we can rely on here?

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Originally posted by Bagheera
Oh, and for those who were looking for copies of Mouse Tales, autographed copies are available at MouseShoppe.

Congratulations...your posts are now reporrted....

Have fun over at your website...it's the only one you'll be allowed to visit soon...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom