Accident at Disneyland (CA)

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Originally posted by GaryT977
The article also said that the cutbacks put in place at DL were NOT implemented at WDW. Can you 'not deny' that too? :animwink:

I can also not deny that.. but I can confirm the amount of red tape in use at WDW

GaryT977

Originally posted by mkt
I can also not deny that.. but I can confirm the amount of red tape in use at WDW

Thank you, O King Of One Liners...

Maybe there will be a review of safety practices now? Although, and I know I've pointed this out already, the number of non-guest caused fatalities since 1955 is EXTREMELY low. Hopefully, there won't be a major overreaction.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by dopey
As a former reporter, I can assure you that the media is, indeed, quite evil.

Don't listen to DMC and PurpleFigment; they know the truth!

I got out of the news biz because I got tired of the blood sacrifices every morning. You know how hard it is to find quality sacrificial goats in Chicago?!!!

And some media companies -- not to name names or anything, but ah...ah...ahtribunechoo! -- are too cheap to provide clean robes every day. The dry cleaning bills were killing me and Beelzebub wasn't pitch(fork)ing in to help out.

Thankfully, I'm now in an honest profession: PR. :)

Hey, :lol:

Flush your PM box.... its full rat ______________ :lol: ;)

mkt

Premium Member
Thank you, O King Of One Liners...

*not saying anything*

Maybe there will be a review of safety practices now? Although, and I know I've pointed this out already, the number of non-guest caused fatalities since 1955 is EXTREMELY low. Hopefully, there won't be a major overreaction.

I would like for that to happen. I've have the premonition that Disney's lack of timely maintenance and slight disregard for safety (ie. We're Disney! We can do no wrong! We're the heartbeat of americas enfatuation with wholesome entertainment, while at the same time feeding americas enfatuation with the absurd. America needs us! We can ignore what is right, as long as no one gets hurt. But when they do, we can silence them! Why is this? Cause we are Disney!)

ie- Disney needs a reality check. They aren't always right. They are a private corporation. They are subject to the same government review that every other private corporation is. Maybe now we can have some standardized laws for theme park safety.

GaryT977

Originally posted by mkt
ie- Disney needs a reality check. They aren't always right. They are a private corporation. They are subject to the same government review that every other private corporation is. Maybe now we can have some standardized laws for theme park safety.

This wouldn't have anything to do with a certain parade, would it?

mkt

Premium Member
This wouldn't have anything to do with a certain parade, would it?

actually.. no. I felt that way before the parade.

JRead

"Eisner made a big point of saying in his opening remarks he had especially come down to Disneyland that day to reassure the cast members and the families of the injured and killed during this trying time. He got live coverage on KABC7 here saying that, and his statements were probably sent on out on a feed to other stations across the nation.

Unfortunately Michael Eisner was lying.

Cast members who were on their toes knowing he was at the resort were shocked by his statements. They also felt demeaned when he stated he "was there to reassure" them and the families of the victims.

It turns out that Eisner had already been checked into the Grand Californian Hotel, and was at the Disneyland Resort to be a major part of the ABC Prime Time Weekend promotion at the California Adventure park. He already had in place a busy schedule of meetings with talent, advertisers and network honchos planned for the whole day, continuing on though the weekend.

This lie makes one want to question everything he says." -- MiceAge.com

This seems quite sensationalistic to me, and is the reason why CEOs normally hide behind PR people and released statements. He was at the resort, however, entering the DL park and making the press statment himself was a reassuring act. Nothing from what I had read from his statement implied to me that he had specifically traveled from somewhere to make the statment. Also, it is poor journalisticly to report on what cast members "know" and "feel."

Shaman

Originally posted by JRead
"Eisner made a big point of saying in his opening remarks he had especially come down to Disneyland that day to reassure the cast members and the families of the injured and killed during this trying time.

Unfortunately Michael Eisner was lying.

"This lie makes one want to question everything he says." -- MiceAge.com

:rolleyes: Not really surprised...but hey the company has to save face. Eisner must uphold his fatherly image (I'm sure people believe every word he says).

I can just imagine Eisner walking through the gates to DisneyLand...softly saying "come my children everything is going to be ok."

:lol:

barnum42

Re. the MiceAge.com quote posted by JRead:

Much as I have an inbuilt dislike of Corporate Suits – the sort that know the cost of everything, but the value of nothing – I realise Eisner is in a no win situation here.

If he said nothing the press would criticise him for hiding. If he comes out the press will criticise him by bending anything he says to suit their sensationalist copy and accuse him of only wanting to protect his profit share.

Hopefully, given time the truth will out.

Tigggrl

Well, I saw the press conference, and as someone who USED to work for the mouse, I can say that the first people that they would have thought to "comfort" wouldnt have been the employees, more like someone to blame....
Of course, thats just my opinion...I didnt find most Leads or Managers to be the most sympathetic creatures...

MKCustodial

That MiceAge article is pretty strong. But, as I mentioned on a previous post, Guests who have the habit of visiting the park regularly have noticed for some time how maintenence just isn't what it used to be. And although we, "outsiders", would like to believe that they'd never skip on security, we have "insiders" around, like Rob, who have been saying for some time that even that is suffering, and how CMs aren't being as prepared as they used to. I mean, I went through Traditions and had to sit on a presentation about handbooks on guidelines and regulations, and also had to read three thick books about Disney as a company, about being a CM and about all the chemicals and equipment a Custodial handles. All that for a 2 month job! Now, if I'm not mistaken, I've heard someone mention (maybe you, Rob?) that not even Traditions is being held anymore!

I wonder how Roy or Diane are feeling.

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by MKCustodial
I've heard someone mention (maybe you, Rob?) that not even Traditions is being held anymore!

when I took traditions it was 2 days, plus local area training. Now traditions is only a few hours long. It disgusts me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom